Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

All Lights Are Green

It’s been a busy week where we’ve changed a lot of things with our hosting. It’s all in place now.

We moved off the old machine, and have selected managed hosting options where service providers take care of the operating system and software upgrades. It’s a bit more expensive but it’s something you really want when you don’t have dedicated resources for it yourself.

The wiki is now hosted under the fresh domain wurmpedia.com, the forum was changed to the exclusive Invision power board and can be found at forum.wurmonline.com. This tumblr blog is posted both to facebook as well as the forum, where you comment on entries.

As I probably have mentioned, we also have enabled a content delivery network in order to serve the initial pack downloads from sites all over the world.

All in all it’s a large step forward and frankly it feels like a great setup.

A big hand goes to

Wollschaf and Egal who have been technical experts,

Saroman for the web site coding and forum templates,

Enki, Manny and Freyr for sorting out the new forum,

and all of you who helped test forum settings!

/Rolf

View the full article

I think the new forums are great. In my opinion, IP.BOARD is the best forum software out there - we should take advantage of that. There are multiple addons that you can get for IP - one of my favourites is the status update one, which allows users to post status updates that appear on the right hand side of the homepage. There is also a gallery addon, dedicated chat addon and even integratable e-commerce. It's definately a cool bit of forumware :D

Here is an example forum that does it well: http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index

Look at all the stuff on the right hand side ;)

I'm really liking the new forums, well done staff!

As I probably have mentioned, we also have enabled a content delivery network in order to serve the initial pack downloads from sites all over the world.

Ever since this update, the launcher itself has taken severly longer time to actually launch, then it runs through the pack verifiaction slowly every single time even if it's not actually downloading anything. I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Edited by MrGARY

I saw Somewhere on your blog Rolf that if we had Wiki Issues to contact Eir/Qualia. I have been at a Loss for how to contact here & I am exhausted at trying to. Any suggestions as how to reach her?

Thank you;

Wintersolstice

Very top of the screen is an icon of a envelope, thats the PM system.

What about gallery? All links to images are dead :[. We've lost it?

Edited by polan

Do not worry. We still have the gallery images. We are just thinking about how to convert it without causing problems to the forum.

Not bad. Certainly provides more options than the old forums. Little getting used to... still reaching for buttons that arent there :wacko:

On a related note.... whats with the "0 warning points" I see below my avatar pic?

I can only assume its related to an old 30day forum ban for posting pics with naughty words. Bad Klaa bad.

0 means you have no warnings, everyone can see their own points.

Meh could care less if others can see such. Was more curious over it being '0'. Recal a warning after the aforementioned temp ban; though, it was probably long ago enough to have expired. The setup is certainly more specific than the old one.

Its been rather amusing on reflection. One goes years with not even a chat warning (not for lack of pushing) until a period of less than a year it just snowballs.

Edited by Klaa

Sign in to follow this