Sign in to follow this  
Dekaru

Rotating And Pushing Guard Towers

Guard towers can be tricky to position properly, and as they are rather expensive and time consuming to build we sometimes end up with towers that would look good if only they were rotated a bit or positioned a tad further toward one direction or another but look terrible because whoever added the last item wasnt centered on the tile or facing the correct direction.

It would really help if the owner could rotate and push/pull it after it's built. Movement could be limited to the tile it was built on or perhaps up to 1 tile away to avoid pushing two towers closer than the min allowed distance.

• Like 21

I clicked the Like this button should i still do a +1? (lols)

+1

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd like the ability to at least rotate, there's no harm in that at all at the least.

Yeah, I'd like the ability to at least rotate, there's no harm in that at all at the least.

this. rotating would be a nice addition and cause no trouble. Pushing/pulling on the other hand, would require a bit of coding to prevent people pushing towers too close together probably

Seems to me it would just use the same code as market stalls. They can't be moved off the tile they were built on, but can be pushed/pulled/rotated within that tile.

+1

• Like 2

I kind of think it should stay where it is built. Maybe allow only turning.

Edited by Uberknot

Market stalls are exactly centered on the tile they are build on, the can't be moved around, but they can be freely rotated.

Same would work for towers without any problem.

Seems to me it would just use the same code as market stalls. They can't be moved off the tile they were built on, but can be pushed/pulled/rotated within that tile.

I wasn't aware of this! Gets a big +1 from me then :)

If that's how market stalls work, then yeah, let guard towers work like that.

• Like 2

Towers should go on tile borders like houses. Walls should go flush with the towers perfectly and players should be able to go to the top. Since it would be bound to the terrain, it would be easier to add collision detection.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Perhaps some harsh restrictions like, only the creator can move it and only one push/pull per RL day (unlimited spins though).

But this should totally be a thing!

I'd like to push for simply making guard towers like market stands (stick to center of the tile, rotatable). Works perfectly, easy to implement.

oh, i knew there was a topic about this but I couldn't find it!

I used the wiki and it said that the door would be 45 degrees to my right, and it ended up 45 degrees to my left. At least it's mostly on the square, but it would still be nice to be able to move it.

I think it would be better if the finished tower would end up exactly like the unfinished tower, and the unfinished tower is not able to push or rotate after 20 bricks added or so.

• Like 6

I think it would be better if the finished tower would end up exactly like the unfinished tower, and the unfinished tower is not able to push or rotate after 20 bricks added or so.

Sure, that works. Just please pick whichever can be added within reasonable time. :P

What I would realy like as well is a module to place on top of a two story house, so that you can integrate the tower into a castle.

ok, that's a great idea for anyone who hasn't yet built one.

It doesn't, however, help anyone who currently has a tower that isn't lined up.

ok, that's a great idea for anyone who hasn't yet built one.

It doesn't, however, help anyone who currently has a tower that isn't lined up.

I guess it would have to be rebuild, and quite honestly I can live with that. Zcul's proposal is clean and works well.