Sign in to follow this  
axeblade346

The Base Price Of Papyrus

15 members have voted

1. 1. The base price of papyrus

• Keep it at 0.5
    • Set it to 0.25
    • What?

I have been playing around with Papyrus making and seen its fairly easy vs the base price.

(note: I am mostly a locksmith but have a lot of feedback from a rope maker)

I have talked to Zcul in IRC about this but I would like feedback and the players input on it

Current base price is the same as mooring rope at 0.50 and Zcul sed after we talked that 0.25 seems fair.

I am using rope making as wemp vs reed production is the same and both use a tool to make.

To make a Mooring rope at 50% change take some time and skilling.

At 2.03 Pap Skill & 31.32 Nature using a 51.72ql press I get a 49% change to make Papyrus

I checked with a newish alt with 0 nature and 0 pap on the same tool and its 41%.

Check http://wurmpedia.com/index.php/User_talk:Axeblade for my data on making.

Thus I am able to produce decent ql papyrus with good tools and decant reeds at low skill.

Granted that there is no low use skill gains like bowstrings. But 27 papyrus sheets got me to 4.12. (note that I have a CoC press)

(For those who don`t know % change and skill play a mayor role in the average ql you will get out vs the ql of the used item)

This ain't fair for the rope makers , locksmiths and any other saccing item makers and I have decided to go from locksmith (I can already make any lock the town needs) to a Papyrus maker no mater the base price.

So I simply ask what should the Base price be like?

So your sacrificing the papyrus sheets then? or selling them to the trader? or?

I'll be saccing them as making them is under nature skill and all nature skill gives soul depth. (I voted for lower base price and it lower the benefit I gain from it , but I would like it to be fair)

It does seem a little over the top considering its counterparts.

The press, on the other hand, is worthless at least up to ql85 and needs a get price increase.

Which is easier to farm, wemp or reed?

Both require a skilled farmer to get higher quality, but wemp can commonly be grown everywhere, you don;t need specially designed fields in limited locations to grow wemp.

Personally I think the base material reed SHOULD be more highly valued that regular ol' wemp. As for the final production skills, I don;t know enough to comment but it just seems that with a more rare base material, you get a more rare final value.

Also, if I was a goddess, I would really not be that impressed by people sacrificing ropes and doorlocks to me ... papyrus isn;t a huge improvement, but its more of a "luxury" item. If I was a god, I'd really want PERFUMES, perhaps pressed from lavender and roses. Or at least Poems and Sermons written on papyrus with octopi ink. Maybe we need Muskrats with muskrat glands ... anyway I think ropes and doorlocks seem an odd sacrifice item anyway.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

keep it. you need 5 reed plants for one sheet vs just over 1 wemp plant for the mooring rope. unless my memory plays tricks on me

Seems it got lowered to 0.25 now.