Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Bang! New frontpage

The new front page is live at http://www.wurmonline.com! Saroman has worked immensely hard the latest 48 hours to get it up and running.

He’s planning to make the shop and registration pages use the same design elements, and the forum as well once we’ve converted it. Will look a lot better once it’s all done.

View the full article

Congratulations on beautiful new front page. Some information requested about shiny new forum - is there going to be a 'view most recent posts' feature? It was my main method of not getting bogged down with the thousand or so new posts each time I logged to the forum.

Congratulations on beautiful new front page. Some information requested about shiny new forum - is there going to be a 'view most recent posts' feature? It was my main method of not getting bogged down with the thousand or so new posts each time I logged to the forum.

Take a look top right for 'View New Content' this is the new 'New posts' area.

Saroman et al. really are getting freakishly good at hitting things with that Pretty Stick

I was wondering what something would look like after being beaten with a "Pretty Stick" :P

Very nice indeed and glad to have our "own" forums back :)

New front page looks nice. However in my opinion the style smacks a bit more "Runescape" than "Wurm Online".

It's been a fantastic job all around! I've been a little dubious about not using a screenshot from the game as the background, but it probably matters little.

Something MMO sites may adopt someday is having live video feeds from the game as the background. That'd be pretty cool!

New front page looks nice. However in my opinion the style smacks a bit more "Runescape" than "Wurm Online".

That's my only issue too. The website is nice, and I agree it needed updating from the previous one. The problem is the website graphics and game graphics differ greatly in style and quality. I don't want to say it's misleading, but the theme of the website doesn't really represent Wurm in my opinion with the painted background, not-in-game dragon, tribal-like graphics. Although it might not look as pretty I think it would of been better to incorporate more Wurm screenshots/textures in, on the main page there's just a tiny 200x300 some odd picture of Wiurm.

One small issue, if your browser window isn't wide enough the main text and navigation bar go off the left edge of the screen and cannot be reached with the scrollbar. I can widen my browser window to see what's there (I just happen to prefer not using the whole screen most of the time), but there may be some people out there who can't do that (I'm mainly thinking mobile viewers).

Overall though it's nice to see a fresh new design, the background image is beautiful. Hope fully one day, when we quantum computers are the norm, Wurm will still be around and looking like that. :)

The server status doesn't show for me and also I miss the old game update news section (maybe Rolf doesn't). How do we know whats patched now? The client only contain tabs for client and graphics updates, not server updates.

Besides those minor issues I think it looks great.

very nice but a feature from the forum tht needs to come back imo is the delete post feature may just be me not seeing it right infront of me though.hehe

Sign in to follow this