Sign in to follow this  
Ihorn

the money system and some other improvements

first (sorry for my bad way of spelling)

me and my friends who play this game, have been talking about

as the subject name said, we think then game have a big issue about the hole money system, of course their are some good things, or actually the hole idea of the game is very good but, to get money is to hard for new players as me and my friends.

I have run around the hole map just 2 day, just to find store or a market wher i could sell all the things i have made, but no one of the NPC'er would buy any thing or real players...

and actully i had pay for 2 months of gameing time, but i and my friends to got a little bit disappointed, when we found out, that it was so hard to get money, if not almost impossible...

if something not chance so it will be easier to sell item made, then i and all my friends will probably not pay for this game any more.

their are other games that are easier to play than this, where it cost almost the same...

so me and my friends suggestions(ideas for the game) would be...

- do it alot easier for new and old players to sell things

- "if you do the first thing" make an Tax system "25%" of what you buy and sell

- when the player runs out of food they will die

- when ppl swim and run out of stamina they will start drowning at lose health

- when you die, you lost every thing you have at your character (but can get it all back if you find the body)

this is some of the few things me and my friends have been talking about ( about 9 friends) of course Losing 10 ppl how pay for the game is not much, but if things like this are made, especially the 2 first things then it will improve the game so much that I think and know from others games, that more ppl will come and pay for the game...

remember it's not a disaster to lose 10 player, but it's much more fun to get money ;) and you don't get money if ppl don't like a product ;)

but otherwise a nice game ;)

and sorry for this long topic ;)

...so you're complaining you had to pay for the paid version of the game?

frankly i don't see a problem. If traders were given more coin, very little of it would ever get to new players - experienced people would simply farm the coin more often. If you want to make coin, you perform a service for other players - this is the basics of any market in the world. If you don't have the skill for making good items others want to use, then you do the bulk work until you have got the skills, simple.

If everyone can just go to their nearest trader and sell 10ql items all day long, code club would never make any money :P

frankly i don't see a problem. If traders were given more coin, very little of it would ever get to new players - experienced people would simply farm the coin more often. If you want to make coin, you perform a service for other players - this is the basics of any market in the world. If you don't have the skill for making good items others want to use, then you do the bulk work until you have got the skills, simple.

If everyone can just go to their nearest trader and sell 10ql items all day long, code club would never make any money :P

This.

Also, there are most always people hiring diggers or buying dirt.

You're saying you play games to make money?

To point 1 - it's a player created economy, It would be absurd for Rolf to create a system to just pump money into the game (like a trader that will always buy items from you), people wuld just make enough money every month to pay for their premium and Rolf would never get any money again. I agree the mechanics for buying and selling could be improved, but from what you're saying, that doesn't sound like what you meant.

Point 2 - Who gets this tax, why's it there, what's it doing?

Point 3 - It's quite infuriating enough to move at snails pace when you run out of food and fat layers and be prevented from doing most actions. This is a game. Causing people to die when food reaches 0 is not fun. Especially for newer players who often find it very hard to keep well fed when really they want to be spending their time exploring and raising other vital skills.

Point 4 - Already happens.

Point 5 - This already happens too.

• Like 1

Cornchips do you think i would post it in hear if it just was to complain?

I don't know about you, but i know the secret to make money of Product in real life, and this game is a product they try to sell to ppl, and why just sell it to few ppl every month, if you can get alot of ppl to play, with just few changes ?

every one can see that the last thing, gives more money ;)a normal general knowledge

but let me ask you a question: how many ppl have you seen played this game? on the server you play at?, the last month?

Wraithglow:

i know the basics, but this is a topic for Suggestions & Ideas thats all, things are just that...

i have played alot other games with almost the same ideas (like runescape and so on (multi player online games) WoW, champions online and so on. )

so don't tell me that my idea's would not help at all ;) bs games like runescape and so on, that have more than 1000 or 10000 and some 100.000 times more players who pay for those games, have the wrongs ideas of, "how to make money" of a product, that almost have the same things like Wurm online (the idea of making a good online game, that serve the company to earn money, money and even more money...

But tell me Wraithglow:

what would you choose? to earn only at little money for an product? or earn alot of money, with new players every day? like wow and other online games ?

i dont say that my idea's are the only right one's, but if you see at all other games and look at what that make them big? some of the reasons are the easy Way for new player to get startet ;)

a normal general knowledge for every old and new games ;)

again sorry for my bad spelling ;)

ok wird... bs nothing of that happens to me when i swim

and about that losing thing, i mean ALL! things, and that is certainly not something you do now...

but it was only ideas and suggestions ;)

///maybe it's just not my game then ;) but best luck to the ppl ho try do their best for this game ;)

Try swimming without stamina, you drown.  When you die in PvE, you lose everything but your starter tools, which are pretty much useless junk, but it helps newer players.  When you die in PvP, you lose everything including your starter tools.

General statement to the OP, there is nothing wrong with the current game economy.

im sorry but flawed logic is flawed.

Obviously its great for game developers to make money, and obviously its good to have lots of paying customers. However, if all those customers are paying with coin you gave them, then in fact you are not making any money. And I also fail to see how making deaths more punitive helps to bring in players. Have u tried making all your tools from scratch?

Who the hell expect to earn serious amounts of cash a on video game? Geez just get a job already

Wraithglow:

why should you have that opportunity (to die) in a game, if not something realistic happens ?? what is the realistic about dying if you don't lose every thing ?

what is the meaning of to have a game, that you only loss mony at ?

san_tropez have you ever had your own company in real life ? then tell me what is the most importen thing for a company? to have + at the economy ;)

and what would you choose a lit bit money or alot more of money ?

but enough about that, hope the owner of this game, take something of it up for consideration...

You can make money all you have to do is make bulk goods and sell them to start off. When your not filling orders you can work on making a boat so you can deliver the things you make. If you keep at it you will have enough to to sustain yourself after awhile. This takes longer then most people are willing to wait so that is when they buy some silver to help jump start themselves but it can be done without it if you work at it hard enough.

I'm not sure about this idea but I've advocated the detachment of silver coins from real-life money. It's crippling to some players and is only holding the game back.

Wraithglow:

why should you have that opportunity (to die) in a game, if not something realistic happens ?? what is the realistic about dying if you don't lose every thing ?

san_tropez have you ever had your own company in real life ? then tell me what is the most importen thing for a company? to have + at the economy ;)

and what would you choose a lit bit money or alot more of money ?

but enough about that, hope the owner of this game, take something of it up for consideration...

.... you do lose everything, except starter tools and some other things that should never be dropped.

I would appreciate more ways to make money in-game aside from digging dirt until you never want to play again if that is what you are getting at.

Traders as a concept could be utilized much better.

If you make things that noone wants you can not sell them. There is very little that a new player can make that anyone else wants.

To make money in game you have to advertise on this forum.

You're paying for a service. If you don't enjoy that service, you can stop paying... I appreciate you're saying 'but if no one likes the service, no one will pay', but that's clearly not the case. I don't understand the mentality of people who play a game expecting to be able to make some sort of business out of it. Some people can, and do, because they've put a LOT of time and effort into it, but Wurm is not a game that you can cash mine and I hope it never becomes one.

Wraithglow:

Again, it's a game, games are there for enjoyment. I suspect you'd have really enjoyed playing 2 years ago when we had no bulk storage bins, it took 45 mins to smelt ore into lumps on a 20QL forge and death meant 0.25 skill loss on every single skill. However, those mechanics were changed because it was not fun, and it drove people away from the game, resulting in fewer paying players which - as you've explained - is not a good thing.

Hi,

This is how many games work. You pay your fee, it's lost, but in return you get the fun of playing ;-)

Seriously now, I think you have a misconception about the game money in Wurm. It's different than in other games - you don't need any coins at all to be able to enjoy all features! No NPC ever will charge you coins for food or healing, nothing to buy that you cannot make yourself (exeption: deed writs and some money sink items, from Trader).

You can find/ loot/ harvest/ create anything you ever need, and you can play happily for years without ever having a single iron coin - and quite some ppl are doing this.

Money in Wurm is different - see it as a commodity for an advanced kind of game play, trading. And even this can be done without coins, bartering is widely accepted.

This way, as a new player, you can ignore all this "coin thingie" completely. You just don't need it.

Want cotton seeds to start your farm? Ask politely in your local, or start foraging and botanizing.

Want a better sword? Get yourself some iron, and create it.

Hungry? Learn to cook.

It's no rocket science.

And don't make the mistake of buying high quality, heavily enchanted tools for a lot of money. This is just a waste of coins. The benefit will be this marginal, it just isn't worth the money. To get an acceptable advantage with it, you need the suiting skill, too, else it's just money thrown out of the window.

(I realize that some creators of expensive gear are collecting tar and feathers now, but - by the love of Fo, it's the truth!)

Hope I could correct the misconception. Have a good time!

Hi,

This is how many games work. You pay your fee, it's lost, but in return you get the fun of playing ;-)

Seriously now, I think you have a misconception about the game money in Wurm. It's different than in other games - you don't need any coins at all to be able to enjoy all features! No NPC ever will charge you coins for food or healing, nothing to buy that you cannot make yourself (exeption: deed writs and some money sink items, from Trader).

You can find/ loot/ harvest/ create anything you ever need, and you can play happily for years without ever having a single iron coin - and quite some ppl are doing this.

Money in Wurm is different - see it as a commodity for an advanced kind of game play, trading. And even this can be done without coins, bartering is widely accepted.

This way, as a new player, you can ignore all this "coin thingie" completely. You just don't need it.

Want cotton seeds to start your farm? Ask politely in your local, or start foraging and botanizing.

Want a better sword? Get yourself some iron, and create it.

Hungry? Learn to cook.

It's no rocket science.

And don't make the mistake of buying high quality, heavily enchanted tools for a lot of money. This is just a waste of coins. The benefit will be this marginal, it just isn't worth the money. To get an acceptable advantage with it, you need the suiting skill, too, else it's just money thrown out of the window.

(I realize that some creators of expensive gear are collecting tar and feathers now, but - by the love of Fo, it's the truth!)

QFT!

You say you have played other games "like" Wurm...but you mentioned WoW and games like it. They are not like Wurm.

Hi,

BURN HER!!

Hi and thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts.  It is very helpful to get feedback like this for us to improve the game.

One thing that springs to mind is the somewhat planned / thought of feature of allowing personal merchants to be set up for

buying items. I think this will make give the beginners a sort of quest like possibility. For example, deliver 200 mixed grass NPC pays

1 iron each or similar things.

http://wurmonline.uservoice.com/forums/12046-wurmonline/suggestions/848805-merchant-buying-stuff

/Zcul

Hi,

One thing that springs to mind is the somewhat planned / thought of feature of allowing personal merchants to be set up for buying items.

Awesomness! This would be great beyond believe!

You say you have played other games "like" Wurm...but you mentioned WoW and games like it. They are not like Wurm.

There's nothing like Wurm out there ;-)))

Point was that, in many other games, in game currency is a must-have, drops from any other critter, and is a common good this way, and urgently needed.

Exactly this is different in Wurm, the in game coins are not really neccessary at all. They're just a convenience.

I have a char on Golden Valley still, she never ever had a single coin. Nevertheless she's doing well since years, and has a nice little place, lacking absolutely nothing.

BURN HER!!

*Casting "Willowspine" on myself* Hehe, now try :)

Have a good time!