Sign in to follow this  
cmiddlebrook

How to build ships now

can a boat be dragged back into a house? like drag a boat in then out the gatehouse?

You'll need a raft to haul the materials into the mine from outside since it'll be underwater.

And be careful you don't drown when hauling rafts or carrying heavy stuff and swimming since stamina will drain quicker.

You could make a second entrance on land., just as save, but more convenient.

You could make a second entrance on land., just as save, but more convenient.

Could do yeah; you'd need a second mine door though.

how do you get the entrance under water? do you just start tunneling a tile that is under? and how much under you think?

Just find a rock tile that is partly underwater. It doesn't need to be too deep, just deep enough so that you can drag a boat through it.

if you want to sail in you need to lower one corner to the depth where the boat can sail over and open the tunnel then. This may require sculpting wands to get deep enough. But be careful, if you lower the NW corner of the tile too much you may not be able to open up the tile. Better use the souther or eastern corner.

And you run the risk of getting your boat stuck in cave walls when you're sailing into or in caves.

(picture of a cave canal)

If you do this reinforce the walls. I'd hate to have a cave-in land on top of a half built Cog ;)

My cave shipyard with a corbita under construction:

wurm_20120312_0248.jpg

They need to make a different part than the last to be the one that determines ownership...or simply use a different ownership system for boats. That would solve both these issues would it not?

They need to make a different part than the last to be the one that determines ownership...or simply use a different ownership system for boats. That would solve both these issues would it not?

Writs for boats being suggested would work, or add the ability to add parts to a boat via management the same as when use a house writ to get others to help you build it.

If you make a boatcave, either make it only two wide or keep your boats on the edge.

Someone told me they had a center tile collapse on their boat and those can't be reinforced (no walls).

Someone told me they had a center tile collapse on their boat and those can't be reinforced (no walls).

Interesting - I've never seen a center tile collapse but haven't been mining for even a year yet :)

Can you dig a small pool inside a house to store a rowboat in or something of the sort?