Sign in to follow this  
Calimdor

Hell Hounds

Hi,

don't shoot me know but is it not possible to reduce a bit the aggro range and speed of the Hell Hounds ... they really are a mess we have lot of them around the deed and they are quite deadly ... even myself with 38 FS and decent gear try to avoid them if possible (since it is not fun to get attacked by an old hell hound) the main problem is that it is almost impossible to escape as a new player since they are fast like hell (funny he :) ) and the aggro-range is so huge that they attack you almost every-time you see them and then it is too late since they hit really hard :/ for me it is OK that they are strong, but being strong and the combination of the huge speed and aggro-range is too much. (would be nice to hear some opinions)

Best regards,

Calimdor

I've found their aggro range to be excessive. It could use some toning-down to be balanced with other creatures.

I like them being powerful, we need some strong enemies. However there are way too many of them.

It is OK that they are strong I really don't care how hard they hit (it is good that there are some challenging mobs) where I see the problem is that they kill allot of new players because once they aggro them (and since they have a huge aggro range almost happens every time you see them) they are 99% sure dead since the hell hounds are really fast ... I already did drag one from the north coast to Greendog (on my cart with average speed of 16) and there is no other mob that is so hard to get ride of and so common.

I don't mind it at all - but I'm up to 50FS these days and they're a nice challenge with my rubbishy homemade weapons and armour. I like that there's at least one mob with a wide (Realistic) agro radius. In actual fact most predators would agro from LOS range (!) and track from a long way before that by scent, which would make the game unplayable (Step outside your front door and immediately mobbed by 47 lions wolves and bears).

That said, as the game is right now it is utterly lethal to new players. I cannot imagine being a newbie and having the faintest hope of surviving outside of a deed with guard(s) or a tower, or joining a village.

I agree that they are quiet over powered. They seem to be strong, fast and have an extremely big aggro range. On the other hand, they are quiet fun to fight against. I'd suggest that they shouldn't move as fast. This way people wishing to kill them can do so while people trying to avoid them can easily outrun them. It would be a win-win situation :)

I don't mind it at all - but I'm up to 50FS these days and they're a nice challenge with my rubbishy homemade weapons and armour. I like that there's at least one mob with a wide (Realistic) agro radius. In actual fact most predators would agro from LOS range (!) and track from a long way before that by scent, which would make the game unplayable (Step outside your front door and immediately mobbed by 47 lions wolves and bears).

That said, as the game is right now it is utterly lethal to new players. I cannot imagine being a newbie and having the faintest hope of surviving outside of a deed with guard(s) or a tower, or joining a village.

beleive me, the game at launch was far more hostile. critters nowadays make it easy to raise fight skill. I think its good theres some critters out there now that you actually need some skill to deal with that don't come labelled with 'champion'.

Mobs should be weak with big agro range or

strong with either small agro range or slow

Dieing because you were not looking where you were going is fine, but fast strong mobs attacking from long range is not.

Strong monsters will encourage players to raise survival skills instead of neglecting them.

It has nothing to do with the strength it is the huge aggro range that causes problems ... they have nothing to do with survival skill they are just annoying ... once u see them it is too late and u will die ...

Hell hounds are the new spider, nice FS for the least trouble.

Well if I was a noob with no FS I would actually really enjoy being hunted down and killed by merciless hounds from hell... Granted I guess that wouldn't be the common consensus... Dieing in wurm for me is fun especially when i have nothing to lose, and if i was carrying things that i minded losing i would hopefully be able to kill the hound lol.

Suck it up. Grind some BC skills and ride a horse.

No. I walked for years in Wurm and will continue to do so, no matter how many times I die to Hellhounds. .

Deaths to Hellhounds since I came back to Wurm May 1st: 5

Deaths to all other creatures combined during same time: 0

...and I don't get out much. Hellhounds aggro range and speed is noticably farther/faster than other Mobs in my experience.

(I have the BC and horses, that's not the point. The point is I should be able to do what I have always done... walk from one location to the next and outrun Mobs if I am carrying nothing and use my brain on how to avoid injury/death. Just because a new Mob is introduced that should not change imho.)

Edited by Kyrmius

Good thing for people with high FS is that we don't have to go far for them to train onto you so we can simply stay on the road...

Strong monsters will encourage players to raise survival skills instead of neglecting them.

No, not all players. Some will just sit on their deeds and stay home more than they used to.

No game mechanic will force Players to fight and kill if they don't want to.

@Broken: Yes, for those that enjoy fighting and raising FS, the Hellhounds must be a godsend, even I can see that. At least it's a positive in that respect.

I was got by one while I was riding a horse (admittedly not a fast one, and no equip), but the fact that it was hitting me [three times to the head in 1 second) while I was riding at 12.something km/h seems a little over the top.

I am at 70+FS and use 60+QL Chain 63ql Large Maul with FB and other enchnats and By the Time I killed an aged hell hound I walk away with meduim wounds. I can kill an Aged lava feind and A Spider attacking me at the same time wit only lights. And the FS from Hhounds is BAD.

For me They look nice and thats about it. (note I have a Caged one as a "pet")

Suck it up. Grind some BC skills and ride a horse.

Grind some social skills and get some manners.

• Like 2

There are way too many of them, and they are becoming annoying.

Agree with Calimdor.

Lately every time I go adventuring I'm getting attacked by groups of Hhound and Spider ever few minuets. You can't run from them because they are fast enough to keep up with the cart, so before you know it their is a mob squad on your tail. I have the skills and equipment to kill these for the most part but I don't' think we should expect new players to have 70 FS, 75 ql enchanted weapons, 75ql enchanted plate, 40's and 50's body characteristics. Its possible to provided challenge for those who seek it and let those who want to avoid it do so too. Answer: make mobs blue outline or assure they stay way from roads.

Cut their aggro ranges and road speed. As it is they cover vast areas honing in on anyone like a ballistic missle that is neigh unavoidable and often in packs.

• Like 1

As a newby looking for land i can say that they are just a bit to fast or have a to big aggro range. There seem to be quite a lot of em and when one follows you it's finding a guard tower or deed with guards that i can enter or die, can't seem to outrun them.

And i've searched on the shoreside for land but there is none free so had to go more land inwards where i can't hide in the water.

Hell Hounds trololol, thats all i can say