Sign in to follow this  
CoinLab

Coinlab Faq: How To Earn Silver Coins With Your Graphics Card

>Information from any in-game interactions, including screenshots, chat logs, etc.

We never log any information from your Wurm game client. This line is there so if we are playing Wurm ourselves (on our own computer), and we meet up with you in the game for some reason (delivering a prize, etc.), we have the record the interaction (from our side only). During our upcoming contest, we plan to give away some in-game items, and we want to reserve the right to take screenshots of us giving the prizes. Alternatively, if we have to meet up with a character in-game for support reasons, I would take screenshots of the chat logs to pass on to our developers.

We never log any information from your Wurm game client, but we may record your character's interactions with our character from our own Wurm game client (from our own computer). Our client does not have any keylogging or screen-capturing capabilities, whatsoever.

>Any messages or posts by you on the Wurm forums (particularly, but not limited to, those concerning our service)

This is to allow us to use the text of your forum posts and messages in internal emails. When people report bugs or request features, I often paste their response directly into our Github issue tracker which we use to manage developer priorities. Copying the user's words exactly saves time and preserves meaning. The only way we ever access the posts and messages on the forums is through the CoinLab account (or logged out), and from CoinLab computers. Our Iron Coin Generator client cannot record any information about your forum activity.

If anyone else would like to read our Privacy Policy, you can find it here:

http://coinlab.com/wurm-privacy-policy

We'll review our Privacy Policy, and see if we can't clarify the points above. Thanks for the feedback :-)

Thanks for clarifying. Going to try it out now.

>Information from any in-game interactions, including screenshots, chat logs, etc.

We never log any information from your Wurm game client. This line is there so if we are playing Wurm ourselves (on our own computer), and we meet up with you in the game for some reason (delivering a prize, etc.), we have the record the interaction (from our side only). During our upcoming contest, we plan to give away some in-game items, and we want to reserve the right to take screenshots of us giving the prizes. Alternatively, if we have to meet up with a character in-game for support reasons, I would take screenshots of the chat logs to pass on to our developers.

We never log any information from your Wurm game client, but we may record your character's interactions with our character from our own Wurm game client (from our own computer). Our client does not have any keylogging or screen-capturing capabilities, whatsoever.

>Any messages or posts by you on the Wurm forums (particularly, but not limited to, those concerning our service)

This is to allow us to use the text of your forum posts and messages in internal emails. When people report bugs or request features, I often paste their response directly into our Github issue tracker which we use to manage developer priorities. Copying the user's words exactly saves time and preserves meaning. The only way we ever access the posts and messages on the forums is through the CoinLab account (or logged out), and from CoinLab computers. Our Iron Coin Generator client cannot record any information about your forum activity.

If anyone else would like to read our Privacy Policy, you can find it here:

http://coinlab.com/wurm-privacy-policy

We'll review our Privacy Policy, and see if we can't clarify the points above. Thanks for the feedback :-)

Alright, that's good to hear.

I would also like to know that can you easily remove this program from your computer if you do not want to use it or you want stop using it, i.e. if it doesn't make more money than you use? And if you want to install this client for many computers, can you use same email for all of them (as you need to send new application) and set them all make money for one Wurm account?

Edited by Dragonmob

Alright, that's good to hear.

I would also like to know that can you easily remove this program from your computer if you do not want to use it or you want stop using it, i.e. if it doesn't make more money than you use? And if you want to install this client for many computers, can you use same email for all of them (as you need to send new application) and set them all make money for one Wurm account?

You can stop it and uninstall it at any point, and is easily uninstalled through the Windows Control Panel.

Registration is for each Wurm username, and your Wurm username how you identify yourself to the client to let us know where to send the iron. Multiple machines can be computing for you simultaneously, and you will earn the sum of what each machine could earn individually. You can earn iron for your friend, or you can get friends to earn for you.

pool.coinlab.com:8332 05/07/2012 21:39:16, long poll: IO error

Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 1 2

Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2

i only got 7.5 iron for 2 days... hm not much

also i got 1.000 MH/s or so with my Nvidia 8100

i think you need to tell what this sort of program work fine on AMD (Radeon) card 5xxx+ (Bfi_int instruction and in overall)

For Nvidia you need to offer CUDA based computation for good results

IMHO

Edited by masaykh

Sorry but this is useless. From the comments people seem to be getting 1 copper a day. Really? You'd have to run it for 100 days straight just to get 1s? The electricity bill will be so high that you could buy silver from that money instead. Really not worth it as i could get much more money a day selling scraps or junk in wurm

Edited by atazs

@Atazs, you haven't read the thread very well if you think like that. The ammount of money you get is determined by your GPU. Some people with very good graphic cards will make large ammount of money, some people can get silver per day. Of course, you may get small ammount of money if you have old graphic card.

You can stop it and uninstall it at any point, and is easily uninstalled through the Windows Control Panel.

Registration is for each Wurm username, and your Wurm username how you identify yourself to the client to let us know where to send the iron. Multiple machines can be computing for you simultaneously, and you will earn the sum of what each machine could earn individually. You can earn iron for your friend, or you can get friends to earn for you.

Ok, but when you sign in, you have to tell your operating system and video card. If you need this information to determine something, I need to do this again with every computer.

i very sure they need GPU and OS for stastistic means...as their client is not generated or there is no other version - one version for everyone.

@Masaykh It can be. I'm just building a new computer soon so I want to be sure it will work with that too if I send this computer's specs there.

Though, if there is only one version, I believe what you said.

pool.coinlab.com:8332 05/07/2012 21:39:16, long poll: IO error

Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 1 2

Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2

i only got 7.5 iron for 2 days... hm not much

also i got 1.000 MH/s or so with my Nvidia 8100

i think you need to tell what this sort of program work fine on AMD (Radeon) card 5xxx+ (Bfi_int instruction and in overall)

For Nvidia you need to offer CUDA based computation for good results

IMHO

The "Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 1 2" problem is fixed in our new version of the client. We'll push the update later this week once it is tested.

Sorry we can't monetize your NVIDIA 8100 very well. You are earning too little to justify the electricity costs of running our client, so we recommend directly purchasing in-game coins through the Wurm shop.

We plan to add CUDA based computation by the end of the year, which should increase the profitability of NVIDIA cards significantly.

Edited by CoinLab

@Masaykh It can be. I'm just building a new computer soon so I want to be sure it will work with that too if I send this computer's specs there.

Though, if there is only one version, I believe what you said.

Masaykh is right. We collect your specs for support and statistic purposes. You can run the client on as many machines with different hardware set ups as you want. If you contact support, please let them know if you are using different hardware than what you originally signed up with though :-)

I have done some testing, and with two 6870's I get around 190Mh/s so it seems to only use one of my cards and not both. Also 190 is a little slow, since one of these cards can easily do 250+ So something off there.

*edit on the BTC return rates.

I messed up my math, but suffice to say the iron coin return rate is low.

Edited by Iota

I have done some testing, and with two 6870's I get around 190Mh/s so it seems to only use one of my cards and not both. Also 190 is a little slow, since one of these cards can easily do 250+ So something off there.

*edit on the BTC return rates.

I messed up my math, but suffice to say the iron coin return rate is low.

We are in the process of writing a new kernel which we hope will outperform many other miners, but you are right, we aren't getting maximum efficiency yet.

If you have two cards, you can open two copies of the client, and set the Device in settings to each card.

If you'd like to use a different Bitcoin mining program, you can log into our pool with the credentials below:

URL: pool.coinlab.com

Port: 8332

Username: wurm_username (ex. Rolf -> wurm_rolf)

Password: x (lower case 'x')

Once we add other types of compute jobs to our network and improve our OpenCL kernel, our client will always produce better returns than other mining programs, but that is a couple of months away.

Edited by CoinLab

Exactly what "algorithms" is our computers figuring out? What are these algorithms contributing too and where are they from and what are they for? Are we solving world hunger here or something?? :lol:

I tried this and my GTX480 maxed out 100% usage, heat jumped up over 90c+ and my FPS in-game dropped drastically to 4 FPS and couldn't even play the game. So just wondering why I would risk burning out my GPU for this thing?

Exactly what "algorithms" is our computers figuring out? What are these algorithms contributing too and where are they from and what are they for? Are we solving world hunger here or something?? :lol:

I tried this and my GTX480 maxed out 100% usage, heat jumped up over 90c+ and my FPS in-game dropped drastically to 4 FPS and couldn't even play the game. So just wondering why I would risk burning out my GPU for this thing?

Your computer is performing Bitcoin mining. Technically, it is doing a double SHA-256 to search for . By mining, your computer is securing the Bitcoin network by making it exponentially more expensive to attack. Bitcoin allows people to securely send "money" anywhere in the world for less than a penny, and with no third-parties. We think it's a good thing for society, but it certainly isn't the same level of good as solving world hunger.

90C+ is crazy! The "red zone" for GPUs is above 80C - above that you start risking your card burning out. You shouldn't run our client if it makes your computer that hot. It sounds like it might be time to clean the dust out of your computer :P.

Edited by CoinLab

Liquid cooled, cable management, good case and and I clean my baby very regularly. Its only when I run this thing that it starts to go crazy :( Run any game and it won't do that. Usually around 65-70 when I play games. According to manufactures 105c is max temp for 480...but never would let it get that hot.

http://www.geforce.c.../specifications

Cool idea behind bitcoin though!

480temps.png

Edited by Smokie

Sorry for being too lazy to read the whole thread. I'm usually on Linux but whenever I leave my house (yes, even such obscure things happen :D) I let the miner warm my room on Windows 7. My card is a GTX 560Ti, latest drivers, CPU is intel quad core i5-2500 @ 3.3Ghz (actually @ 3.7-3.8Ghz on Windows). Sometimes, for a short time, it says 150 - 180 i/hr but most of the time pretty pathetic around 50i/hr. Task manager shows CPU usage at 25 (%?). If it really means percentage, where is the work on the video card? Playing wurm while the miner is running is impossible btw...

Sorry for being too lazy to read the whole thread. I'm usually on Linux but whenever I leave my house (yes, even such obscure things happen :D) I let the miner warm my room on Windows 7. My card is a GTX 560Ti, latest drivers, CPU is intel quad core i5-2500 @ 3.3Ghz (actually @ 3.7-3.8Ghz on Windows). Sometimes, for a short time, it says 150 - 180 i/hr but most of the time pretty pathetic around 50i/hr. Task manager shows CPU usage at 25 (%?). If it really means percentage, where is the work on the video card? Playing wurm while the miner is running is impossible btw...

Yeah 50-70 iron is what I would expect from a GTX 560Ti. And, for most hardware, we recommend pausing the client while playing games. We are working to make the client grace fully get out of the way of other GPU processes automatically, but it's a work in progress.

I wanted to try this but when i click the link, is says 403 forbidden. Is this longer available?

403 Forbidden

• Code: AccessDenied
  • RequestId: 3B211F90D9A3FBCF
  • HostId: ngpErgXl5cqnMNMdL469zJy5zECmsYaCCaQUvep5wTt6fLxTGIseC5iEGTmnWN59

It was working fine when i just got home. i then restarted my computer to apply stupid Windows updates and now loading the coingen says update failed contact support.

Disreguard:P its working. it does say update failed tho... not sure what thats all about.

• Like 1

We just pushed a new update. If you close and restart the client, it should auto-update to 1.0.2 (may take a couple minutes of downloading). You can tell if you are up-to-date by looking for the version number in the Settings dialog. If you don't see a version number, you have the old version.

If it doesn't auto-update properly, you can download the new version at:

http://media.coinlab.com/clients/32/wurm-1.0.2.msi

Please let us know if the auto-update doesn't work for you.

Changes:

- Added warning for users with insufficient hardware

- Less CPU load

- Some bug fixes

^_^, I got it started but now it says" problems with communication Coinlab" something like that then it goes normal then to that. Off and on, is that ok?

Fix this "pool.coinlab.com:8332 12/07/2012 12:42:46, long poll: IO error"

and this "Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2"

Cuda miner only crash on my system ^(

Edited by masaykh

"Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2" is happening because we had some server connectivity issues. It should be working now. Please email me at wurmsupport@coinlab.com if you experience it again. Note: internet connectivity issues on your side will also cause this message (and we don't necessarily need to hear from you for that).

I got the same error "problems with communication Coinlab" - turned out my son had switched off my router :)

• Like 1