Sign in to follow this  
CoinLab

Coinlab Faq: How To Earn Silver Coins With Your Graphics Card

i see thank, sorry for the mistake, English isnt my primary

twhwhen I checked my wurm bank I found the missing irons had drop in many thx coinlab for sorting it out

twhwhen I checked my wurm bank I found the missing irons had drop in many thx coinlab for sorting it out

Not a problem! Sorry about the wait!

For some reason, my client is not responding according to the message before it closed by itself.

89$.. anyone noticing an increase in the iron rate compared to roughly 2 weeks ago?

89$.. anyone noticing an increase in the iron rate compared to roughly 2 weeks ago?

You should be! You can check your stats at http://pool.coinlab.com/partners/wurm/stats . You can see your iron per share rate on that page. Two months ago that number was 0.65. Now it's 1.92!

It just hit 73$ its going crazy :)

$89 now!

So one thing thats really annoying that I don't know what the problem is, So I can't use the "new" client, as it never actually connects to the pool. I have installed the "old" client and that works just fine and I have accrued something like 35k+ iron.

BUT, here is the issue: Every 5-10 minutes, a window pops up saying "Update Failed" and a message saying "Please contact poolsupport@coinlab.com for help." This does not impede the old client at all, but its REALLY annoying when I'm surfing the web, looking at videos, etc and this thing pops up every time, worse yet, I'm playing Wurm or another game and it pops up. Usually to combat it, I leave the window up and drag it into a corner and hit the "Ok" button when I want to see an update on iron coins I've accrued (the counter on the old client stops when this pops up, but the actual bitcoin mining does not stop).

Issue fixed! Let me know if you believe otherwise. Sorry for the inconvenience!

The client say I reached 66,79 iron total but in Wurm I only see 40 iron.

The client say I reached 66,79 iron total but in Wurm I only see 40 iron.

I will investigate, but I don't think you should be using the client. You're probably burning a lot more power than you are making back in iron. It would be best to just buy Iron from Wurm.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by tealc, April 1, 2013 - Spam
Hidden by tealc, April 1, 2013 - Spam

a

Thank you for the advice, but let the power supply be is my problem. Except of course if the term of conduct not allow me to use the program in this case... :)

Edited by Atram

Thank you for the advice, but let the power supply be is my problem. Except of course if the term of conduct not allow me to use the program in this case... :)

You're free to use the program but just based on your rate I can virtually guarantee it is costing you more in electricity than you are making in Iron.

Your power supply is not the problem, it is your graphics card. It is so old that it is incredibly inefficient.

Yes, cos I testing the system in an old laptop. ;)

1.6 GHz Intel Dual core

2 GB RAM

GT 630

Win XP

I only run it when idle and computer is on :

96 hours = 1000 iron

By all accounts and according to tests that Dagget has run it is because Bitcoin does not utilise Nvidiot cards properly. Could this be looked into please?

(Edit: Just want to note here that I am a power user which likes to cut down processes to the minimum, so besides a good antivirus that hardly uses many resources and the operating system; during the times I run Bitcoin, the whole machine is dedicated to it.)

Edited by Jenshiye

1.6 GHz Intel Dual core

2 GB RAM

GT 630

Win XP

I only run it when idle and computer is on :

96 hours = 1000 iron

By all accounts and according to tests that Dagget has run it is because Bitcoin does not utilise Nvidiot cards properly. Could this be looked into please?

(Edit: Just want to note here that I am a power user which likes to cut down processes to the minimum, so besides a good antivirus that hardly uses many resources and the operating system; during the times I run Bitcoin, the whole machine is dedicated to it.)

I'm sorry for your Nvidia. There is nothing anyone can do about that, Nvidia cards are bad at Bitcoin mining due to their architecture.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Why_a_GPU_mines_faster_than_a_CPU#Why_are_AMD_GPUs_faster_than_Nvidia_GPUs.3F

On a different topic, I see that the amount of Iron earn for a given amount of bitcoin crunch is rapidly increasing. Since the nature of the bitcoin process is such that more crunching is needed over time, the value goes up if the pool of crunchers doesn't grow faster. It would appear that little capacity is getting added to the worldwide pool but at the same time I've seen comments here and there to the effect that Butterfly labs has produced a small amount of their ASICs and that some choice early adopters are putting them to good use. Not enough to affect the overall bitcoin process, but enabling that small group to really rake in the profits before greater volume ASIC production drives down the price. A friend ordered one of the $1200 units from Butterfly back in February, was told that batch would be produced in April, then later was informed production was backed up and it would be July at the earliest before he got his crunching box.

On a different topic, I see that the amount of Iron earn for a given amount of bitcoin crunch is rapidly increasing. Since the nature of the bitcoin process is such that more crunching is needed over time, the value goes up if the pool of crunchers doesn't grow faster. It would appear that little capacity is getting added to the worldwide pool but at the same time I've seen comments here and there to the effect that Butterfly labs has produced a small amount of their ASICs and that some choice early adopters are putting them to good use. Not enough to affect the overall bitcoin process, but enabling that small group to really rake in the profits before greater volume ASIC production drives down the price. A friend ordered one of the $1200 units from Butterfly back in February, was told that batch would be produced in April, then later was informed production was backed up and it would be July at the earliest before he got his crunching box.

A lot of processing power is being added to the network, but it's not being added nearly as fast as the price is increasing.

Butterfly labs has only produced one ASIC, and it wasn't shipped to a customer, it was just their test box. When/if BFL gets all of their ASIC pre-orders out the door, the difficulty to mine Bitcoin will skyrocket. Note that it doesn't drive down the price of a Bitcoin, it just drives down the amount of Bitcoin a fixed amount of processing power generates.

BFL is notoriously bad for failing to meet their shipping goals, so don't be too surprised if your friend doesn't get his box by July.

Edited by CoinLab

I'm making 670i/hr is that a decent amount? I'm on 2 x GTX680s in SLI does this even use both GPUs? thanks

CoinLab - I'm assuming you're loving the current value of BTC... Bet you made a fortune these past few days!

Do you fancy giving an additional small percentage of your gains from Wurm players to Rolf? You know, for Charity? I'm sure the development team & players would praise you and your generosity.

CoinLab - I'm assuming you're loving the current value of BTC... Bet you made a fortune these past few days!

Do you fancy giving an additional small percentage of your gains from Wurm players to Rolf? You know, for Charity? I'm sure the development team & players would praise you and your generosity.

Just dropped down from 250$ to 130$

just noticedjust noticed that irons from coinlab program have not been transferd into my char wurm bank at all today about 70 copper so far

My opinion is that you shouldn't use the miner we've been provided any more. The BTC you're generating for the OP is now worth MUCH more (even after the recent crashes) than they were when the programme started with Wurm and we aren't seeing an increase in reimbursement. Do yourself a favour and mine directly for your own BTC if you're going to do this, at least then you'll get market rates rather than a flat rate from this person/company.