Sign in to follow this  
CoinLab

Coinlab Faq: How To Earn Silver Coins With Your Graphics Card

CoinLab - I'm assuming you're loving the current value of BTC... Bet you made a fortune these past few days!

Do you fancy giving an additional small percentage of your gains from Wurm players to Rolf? You know, for Charity? I'm sure the development team & players would praise you and your generosity.

• Like 1

just noticedjust noticed that irons from coinlab program have not been transferd into my char wurm bank at all today about 70 copper so far

using the same user name I allways have...its not the same as I use here in the forum...did send a email to your wurmsupport addy this seems to happen every now and then the program seems to be running fine in that the totals move upwards but its not get into my wurm bank

I am trying to understand the way this works. Ive been running the client for like 39 hours now and it averages like between 400-500 iron per hour. Says my total iron is 16292 iron made so far but I really haven't seen more or any of that in game. Wouldn't 16292 iron be 1.6s in game? Looks like I have totaled like maybe 40c so far when looking at the ingame bank.

Is the number on the client different from what the true payout is?

Wondering.. What /do/ you do that uses my graphics card? Power nuclear silos in Cuba? Spy for Mol Rehan?

Currently unable to connect to pool, and not been paid for yesterday's mining....

This related to the price crash / mining client issues?

From what I see posted elsewhere, we will need a new mining client before 15th May as well? ( http://bitcoin.org/may15.html )

And Radni.....

Wondering.. What /do/ you do that uses my graphics card? Power nuclear silos in Cuba? Spy for Mol Rehan?

what is being done with your computing power is to mine bitcons, ie its is being used to solve algorithms that generate bitcoins... mining is not like using seti to do a centralised task for somebody, its used to control the generation of the currency.

Edited by Delone

Currently unable to connect to pool, and not been paid for yesterday's mining....

Having the same problem. What's up?

yeh me too now ..yesterday 1 silver 14 copper was not transferd to my chars wurm bank so at a guess I would say they are fixing something

I know that trading has been suspended, maybe related?

Hey everyone. I want to apologize for the pool issues, they are totally our fault. Everything is up and running again, so you can continue mining.

We also saw a bug where people were getting paid up to twice as much as they should have been paid. This only showed on your client, not on your stats page at http://pool.coinlab.com/partners/uber/stats . What is on your stats page is your actual value.

As you may know, the Bitcoin bubble has popped, crashing from $266 down to $70 at the moment. The last value in our database for the Bitcoin to USD price is $158. To thank you guys for bearing with us, we'll leave that exchange rate there until tomorrow at 5 pm PST (The next 34 hours).

To those of you mining on less efficient cards like Nvidias or Laptops, you may want to double check your Key rate versus your electricity cost to make sure you are still positive.

• Like 1

Any idea what has caused the bubble and then the crash?

The client is mining again now, but I still don't see any payments for yesterday.

I actually only started mining yesterday, so not sure how often it pays out. Mining on user Chiasm.

Edit: I just got the money from yesterday. All is well. :)

Edited by Teos

Good guy money maker - suggesting people check energy prices vs wurm coin generation.

Could you maybe implement something into your app which allows people to enter their energy cost per kwh and PSU consumption and have that convert silver costs to USD so people can check if the current rate is worth their time? If I had a moving value to check against, instead of having to recalculate daily, then I'd use your miner more often. Of course, wear and tear can't be measured, but hey....

P.S. Do you play wurm ?

Any idea what has caused the bubble and then the crash?

Lots of speculators. The price rose way to fast. For two months, the time the price took to double halved. It took only 8 days to go from 100 to 200. If it had continued at that pace the price per Bitcoin would have reached infinity in 8 more days.

Also, the biggest exchange was under severe stress due to a huge influx of new users. During the crash the lag time reached 1 hour and 20 minutes, meaning it was filling orders from 80 minutes before. Tons of people put in market sell orders (an order that says I don't give a crap what the price is just sell!), and they were all queued up. Because of the stress all of the sites reporting data about the price a depth of market were down, so it was just a big blind panic sell.

The client is mining again now, but I still don't see any payments for yesterday.

I actually only started mining yesterday, so not sure how often it pays out. Mining on user Chiasm.

Should be fixed in a minute.

Good guy money maker - suggesting people check energy prices vs wurm coin generation.

Could you maybe implement something into your app which allows people to enter their energy cost per kwh and PSU consumption and have that convert silver costs to USD so people can check if the current rate is worth their time? If I had a moving value to check against, instead of having to recalculate daily, then I'd use your miner more often. Of course, wear and tear can't be measured, but hey....

P.S. Do you play wurm ?

That would be cool, but unfortunately we don't have the dev time to spare.

No, I don't play Wurm. I'm more of an FPS guy.

many thx for the info and as for you doing fps get over to chaos and swing that sword

Burst of Bitcoin articles in the larger media today, largely triggered by the recent volatility of the currency:

/>http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/12/bitcoin-is-ludicrous-but-it-tells-us-something-important-about-the-nature-of-money/

/>http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/12/adam-smith-hates-bitcoin/

/>http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/winklevosses-turn-bitcoin-turmoil/story?id=18941399#.UWiRLcpv7qI

/>http://www.forbes.com/sites/timothylee/2013/04/12/bitcoins-volatility-is-a-disadvantage-but-not-a-fatal-one/

/>http://siliconangle.com/blog/2013/04/12/bitcoin-exchange-mtgox-ceo-mark-karpeles-responds-to-questions-about-what-happened-this-week/

/>http://www.midasletter.com/2013/04/bitcoin-ponzi-scheme-or-paradigm-shift-1304121/

/>http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2013/04/12/more-bitcoin-trouble-meltdown-continues-as-exchange-hit-by-cyber-attack/

the coins are fed into your toons bank during the day well they are for me as I don't run the program over night and you will see the amount in your bank going up in your events box if its working ok

Edited by tulip

My payout rate appears to have halved in the last few days, from 3.3k iron per 1k shares to 1.7k iron per 1k. I'm guessing this is due to bitcoin price fluctuations, or is it something else?

Edited by Teos

do it need something to run? it says something is missing so it cant open?

My payout rate appears to have halved in the last few days, from 3.3k iron per 1k shares to 1.7k iron per 1k. I'm guessing this is due to bitcoin price fluctuations, or is it something else?

It's mostly price fluctuations, it's been a rollercoaster ride the past two weeks. But, the difficulty is also increasing. People are putting lots of compute power on the network so the amount of bitcoins for a fixed amount of power decreases.

do it need something to run? it says something is missing so it cant open?

Did the error message say "Cannot find OpenCL.dll"? If so, you need to update your graphics card drivers. Find your card manufacturer, (AMD or Nvidia), and go to their website. What manufacturer and model of graphics card do you have?

yes it says missing something and my videocard is H-W22 DVI