Sign in to follow this  
CoinLab

Coinlab Faq: How To Earn Silver Coins With Your Graphics Card

It's a nice idea, but it probably costs you more in the way of repairs/electricity in the long run. I wouldn't waste running a nice GPU for 10 hours a day to get 1 euro from it.

It's a nice idea, but it probably costs you more in the way of repairs/electricity in the long run. I wouldn't waste running a nice GPU for 10 hours a day to get 1 euro from it.

I dont pay for my electricity, comes with my house. I am getting roughly 30c every day from this. And yes i do leave it running 24/7, All i do is turn my fan on high on the video card itself, and wammo! staying well below 60 centigrade. my card is rated up to 75 but i like keeping it cool.

Can I use more than 1 computer at a time to earn more coins? I currently have two running the software.

Can I use more than 1 computer at a time to earn more coins? I currently have two running the software.

Yep, just put your same username into multiple clients on multiple computers, and you'll earn at the combined speed fo both.

yeah, I am coming in at almost a silver a day and won't be doing it for too much longer. Just want to get a "free" deed out of it and then i might run it in slow mode. there really need to be better, more adjustable load settings. I feel like it is either card melting or snail's pace. I would like a setting that is someplace inbetween where I don't worry about my hardware melting when I am away and gets out of the way when I want to play a game but still grinds enough coins that I can pay upkeep by the end of the month.

We'll look into more load adjustment options. Thanks!

Yes, you can. Just install the client on both machines, and log in using the same username.

yeah, I am coming in at almost a silver a day and won't be doing it for too much longer. Just want to get a "free" deed out of it and then i might run it in slow mode. there really need to be better, more adjustable load settings. I feel like it is either card melting or snail's pace. I would like a setting that is someplace inbetween where I don't worry about my hardware melting when I am away and gets out of the way when I want to play a game but still grinds enough coins that I can pay upkeep by the end of the month.

I'm curious what your speed is to get this. I was getting a silver a day back when the reward was double. Was running around 500i/hr. What setup do you have to get similar results now?

I have one 7970 on one machine and one 6870 on another. it comes in a bit short of a silver per day when I run both full out 24 hours which I don't plan on doing too much due to having to crank the fans to keep them cool enough for me to not worry about them.

I'm curious what your speed is to get this. I was getting a silver a day back when the reward was double. Was running around 500i/hr. What setup do you have to get similar results now?

I have one 7970 on one machine and one 6870 on another. it comes in a bit short of a silver per day when I run both full out 24 hours which I don't plan on doing too much due to having to crank the fans to keep them cool enough for me to not worry about them.

That 7970 must be a beast. I run two 6870s and only get .6 silver over 24 hours, fans @100%.

I'm running AMD Phenom II @ 3.3GHz x6 / Gigabyte AMD HD 7850 2GB @ 975MHz / 4GB x2 Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz DDR3 RAM / 700W PSU CoolerMaster

150/hr sometimes even over 250/hr @ a average of 65oC :P

64f3c10d936e361e5815f7073ebee08e.png

Would you guys say its worth it running it at this rate? Im not letting it run through the night because I can use this while running Wurm on low graphics. 10 Hours a day = 1silver

We'll let's do some math:

I found a datapoint that the 7850 consumes about 150 Watts at load. This means you'll consume 3.6 kilowatt hours of electricity more per 24 hours than you would if your card was not under load.

You're earning 150 Iron per hour. This means you're making a total of 3600 Iron per 24 hours.

If you value iron at face value (100 iron per 0.01 EUR), then you're at break even if you pay 0.10 EUR per kilowatt hour (~$0.13 USD). If you pay less than this, you're making a profit , and if you pay more, than it would be more efficient to purchase iron directly from Rolf.

And 65C - nice ventilation! :D

Edited by CoinLab
  • Like 1

there really need to be better, more adjustable load settings. I feel like it is either card melting or snail's pace. I would like a setting that is someplace inbetween where I don't worry about my hardware melting when I am away and gets out of the way when I want to play a game but still grinds enough coins that I can pay upkeep by the end of the month.

Advanced mining intensity settings will be in the next version of the client (in the next week or two).

Advanced mining intensity settings are out! Your client should auto-update within an hour.

Still no Linux support?

What about using Wine? I'm new to Linux, but also new to Wurm, and any passive income would be helpful.

My PC is on day and night already, so I'm not as concerned about additional electricity used.

My video card is a Radeon HD 4870. It's not new, but I'm still curious. Unless someone can prove that it won't be worthwhile, that is.

I am using Linux Mint 14. I would rather not experiment with Wine myself, but if someone knows how to get Wine to work for this, then I would certainly consider it.

What about simply purchasing the silver with bitcoins directly?

Still no Linux support?

What about using Wine? I'm new to Linux, but also new to Wurm, and any passive income would be helpful.

My PC is on day and night already, so I'm not as concerned about additional electricity used.

My video card is a Radeon HD 4870. It's not new, but I'm still curious. Unless someone can prove that it won't be worthwhile, that is.

I am using Linux Mint 14. I would rather not experiment with Wine myself, but if someone knows how to get Wine to work for this, then I would certainly consider it.

What about simply purchasing the silver with bitcoins directly?

Nothing to stop you from doing that if you find someone on the forums willing to accept bitcoins as payment for coins.

How does this client work with multi GPUs?

On 2 EVGA OC GTX680s I'm getting 110 iron/hr

Advanced mining intensity settings are out! Your client should auto-update within an hour.

update broke new program.... have to use the old one....

Still no Linux support?

That card could get you around 40 - 50 iron per hour

Does this require the new client to use then?

I think the old client was capable of using multiple GPUs, but I'm not completely sure. The new one definitely does.

update broke new program.... have to use the old one....

Can you give some more details? When you say old one do you mean the very old client, or a older version of the new client?

xD sorry was sleepy last night, Well i was using the newest one, but as soon as that update came out I couldnt launch the program any more. I have tried launching with admin privs but still wouldnt work. I run Windows 7 with a radeon 6870 card. CPU is amd fx-4100. Im currently using the very old client.

well if you are mining at around 40-60i/hr then 12c is about right.

well if you are mining at around 40-60i/hr then 12c is about right.

No I thought my cards would do better.

from what it looks like to me, its only using one card. I just looked up the benchmarks of your card compared to mine and it seems like 40i/hr is about right for 1 card but for 2 you should be hitting around 70-90i/hr

Edited by Nicrolis