Sign in to follow this  
CoinLab

Coinlab Faq: How To Earn Silver Coins With Your Graphics Card

:edit:

Deleted

Edited by Huserx

I've noticed that decrease as well. I used to top easily 100, Maybe it was 180 iron per hour, but now its around 59.

dont know how to put in a screenshot but on the first on there is half speed of what i used to get and on the last one there is half the speed on the first one i had 180+iron/h on the first one and now its under 90iron/h and on the new one im under 40iron/h dont know if this is normal cuz you have it in testing but its alot of iron thats going to waist for my gain.

Yeah I'm noticing a significant decrease using the new client. I was consistently making almost 250-280i/hour on both the new and old client. I make only around 117 maximum on the new client (on turbo, fast, etc.) and I seem to have capped out somewhere around 150 now on the old client and as I said 117 on the new.

Hey Wurm Miners,

So, as many of you noticed, the Bitcoin Block Reward halved last week (here's a good article if you want to learn more). This has caused almost a 50% cut in earnings. Because the Bitcoin network is self-correcting, we speculate this rate will rise over the coming weeks to come closer to 75% of what you were earning previously, but only time will tell.

It appears the new client isn't getting quite as much as our old client, which we're looking into.

Edited by CoinLab

OK, do I understand that right, that most of your earnings come from block mining? I thought you were also trading coins for scientific calculations?

i7 2650, GTX 540M and I still get 8.3 iron/h. It seams that the mine client only uses my cpu instead of my gpu.

Edit: the client is now set to use my gpu is under full use cpu(50%) but its still 8.3/h.

Edited by Sklo:D

i7 2650, GTX 540M and I still get 8.3 iron/h. It seams that the mine client only uses my cpu instead of my gpu.

Edit: the client is now set to use my gpu is under full use cpu(50%) but its still 8.3/h.

Unfortunately, the laptop versions of NVIDIA cards tend to very poor rates, because they build these cards for low power consumption over compute power. I think that's about as much as you'll be able to get with that card. Sorry to disappoint.

OK, do I understand that right, that most of your earnings come from block mining? I thought you were also trading coins for scientific calculations?

We're still working on selling scientific calculations. Our new client will allow us to automatically switch you from mining Bitcoins to doing (higher value) scientific calculations whenever our customers make work available the network.

hi.i m new here.where do we cash our reward.i cant c any option?AVG anitvirus is detects ur miner as virus???

hi.i m new here.where do we cash our reward.i cant c any option?AVG anitvirus is detects ur miner as virus???

You receive your earnings through the Bank of Wurm, which can be accessed through a Settlement Token.

AVG appears to have a false positive on our new client. We've contacted them and are waiting for them to remedy this.

Bank of Wurm is down and settlement token too???how many bugs do we have to encounter exactly??

now its working..i have few irons coins thru iron coin generator client..i dont c any withdraw option.explain in detail plz.

The version on the front page runs my gpu HOT, speccy showed 96 degrees celsius, I shut that down real quick. The beta version on the other hand does not install properly, here's a photo:

/>http://i.imgur.com/fpBVF.png

You realise that the point of this is to put your card under high load constantly? GPUs under load can easily reach 100 degrees celsius and that's still considered normal. At least for a standard configured off the shelf card. At normal use it is expected that you will want to replace it anyway before it wears out, but letting it run like that 24/7 might fry it earlier than you want though.

All you can do is clean all your fans and make sure the case is aired well. Or install a better cooling system. You might be able to clock it down a notch as well if you want that.

The new build seems a bit bulky, but its still nice to earn a bit of coin on the side! No problems installing, stable so far. =) http://i.imgur.com/TfWje.jpg

Edited by Vein

What are the plans on making a Mac version? I know that it isn't the most urgent thing to do, but I would love it if this could happen.

The new build seems to only give about half the iron of the old -- on the old client, I can get around 100 iron/hr, this one I'm lucky to get 56.

In addition, it seems the new client likes to hog CPU, whereas the old one I could tell to not use my CPU at all, and the earning rate was still double. What's going on?

Vexx:

So, as many of you noticed, the Bitcoin Block Reward halved last week (here's a good article if you want to learn more). This has caused almost a 50% cut in earnings...

So it's not the client, you just get paid less for the same job, but:

We're still working on selling scientific calculations. Our new client will allow us to automatically switch you from mining Bitcoins to doing (higher value) scientific calculations whenever our customers make work available the network.

Edited by Keldun

Fraid not, my friend. It is the client. I ran the old client again, and it was back up to the normal 100/hr,

have been useing the nehave been using the new miner for past couple of days testing and it gave me more iron than the old one for the same amount of time both used on same computer only thing I don't like about it is way too much green colour and the fact that it does not show you the full total of iron you have mined xxxk iron is not enough detail for me I like to see if I have made enough to cover deed cost each day by making a note of start and end totals.also watching the total change let me know that the program was still working .would like to see what it earns with the other types of work coinlab are trying to get

have been useing the nehave been using the new miner for past couple of days testing and it gave me more iron than the old one for the same amount of time both used on same computer only thing I don't like about it is way too much green colour and the fact that it does not show you the full total of iron you have mined xxxk iron is not enough detail for me I like to see if I have made enough to cover deed cost each day by making a note of start and end totals.also watching the total change let me know that the program was still working .would like to see what it earns with the other types of work coinlab are trying to get

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it along.

A temporary fix: you can check your stats online at http://pool.coinlab....rs/wurm/sign-in . One cool thing about this is that you can leave the client running at home and check your balance and mining speed from a friend's house.

Edited by CoinLab

Leaderboard is now Online!

/>http://pool.coinlab.com/partners/wurm/leaderboard

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it along.

A temporary fix: you can check your stats online at http://pool.coinlab....rs/wurm/sign-in . One cool thing about this is that you can leave the client running at home and check your balance and mining speed from a friend's house.

Download the new version client:
/>http://media.coinlab.com.s3.amazonaws.com/clients/wurm-latest.exe

We've added a hover state to the Total Earnings dial, so when you hover, it shows the exact quantity of iron earned.

The new client does kill your computing. I go from 45.2 an hour to 62.4 (it used to be like 100 when i first got the card, but I think the compute output is just lower)

Edit- Not sure if the client you just posted is newer than the beta, or is the beta.

Edited by AndreC