Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Mine door bug

Unfortunately I was a victim of the latest mine door bug. Built a new door over the weekend and wasn't able to open or access it any more :(

A friendly GM helped me destroy it, but wasn't able to replace the door. Now I'm wondering: is it safe to build and attach a new one, or will it also be bugged?

Its safe.

At least you had a GM come help you :(

Two days ago: Mine it occurs, although support beam. Half of my stock destroyed.

Yesterday: Mining door buggy. GM helps them destroyed. New door installed.

Today: Mine Door gone, just rock! New entrance created. All reinforced walls now only normal Walls!

Morning: If lava from my cave? Or the devil himself?

Finds funny, and I will not give up!  ;)

Addendum: After I entered the tiles, the walls were reinforced again! Mad ^ ^

Today: Mine Door gone, just rock! New entrance created. All reinforced walls now only normal Walls!

It appears that when you log in, the game has no knowledge of what the walls are.  It paints all cave walls as "cave walls".  When you walk in, THEN it loads the specific wall data and marks them as reinforced walls or veins.  I have a small silver mine (ie, a 1 tile entrance and then immediately the ore).  When I first dug it it only showed the rock wall, but as soon as I stepped in it loaded and showed silver vein.

However, once viewed, then I could exit the cave and still see "silver vein".  But when you log out it clears the data cache, so you go through that small bump again.

Well, thank you. I bring my stuff into another cave.  ;D

please for the love of god do NOT enable PVP on chaos till you have fixed 200% the mine door bug