Sign in to follow this  
Touchmee

Priest Passive's

Had abit of a brainstorm with some players to discuss priests and this is what was the conclusion, feel free to comment, agree or disagree.

After reading this thread (http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=72292.0) on Magnarons damage buff, the general conclusion seemed to be that all the religions should have some form of passive buff.

1) Currently Mag Priests have 3 passive PvP buffs, +1 CR at a certain faith, 25% damage buff and a % chance to keep items and skill upon death. The % chance to keep items and skill on death should be removed and given to a Fo as it is the god of healing...

2) Vynora Priests currently have a skillgain bonus, but this is intended as a follower bonus. Aditionally to this they should receive an increase in favor regen speed. This could be an increase of 25% which only activates when the priest has 40 faith and 30 favor.

3) Libila previously had a small buff to thievery skill-gain which was removed. Instead, they should receive a 25% damage reduction when the priest has both 40 faith and 40 favor. This would work similarly to Mags damage buff, in that it doesn't stack with the Insanity level 11 ability "Path of the gone". However when champing it would stack to add an extra 10% to the existing 60% damage reduction. (Bear in mind that Mag champs have the 60% reduction AND the 25% damage buff). So whereas on a normal champ, instead of 10 damage you do 4, on a lib champ you would do 3.

Perhaps the Faith and Favor requirements (Especially for the damage increase and reduction buffs) should be increased aswell as mentioned by Posteh in the previous thread.

I wish more the the damage bonus was given at a higher faith (as with any bonuses) because then they're more earned and seen rarely.

TLDR:

1) Give Fo priests the passive res stone ability

2) Remove passive res stone ability from Mag priests

3) Give Vyn priests a buff to favor regen

4) Give Libila priests a damage reduction

On a side note:

Currently Light of Fo only heals one tile. This should be turned into an AoE pillar type spell, where if you're stood inside the area you're healed. Maybe with some kind of visual effect...

Perhaps the Faith and Favor requirements (Especially for the damage increase and reduction buffs)

^

Maybe give your own suggestions if you don't agree with certain stuff

Currently Light of Fo only heals one tile. This should be turned into an AoE pillar type spell, where if you're stood inside the area you're healed. Maybe with some kind of visual effect...

a visual effect would be very nice. As for the rest, of course Im biased but sure, +1

If the suggestion doesn't need to be implemented then let it go.

If the suggestion doesn't need to be implemented then let it go.

What do you mean?

+1

With these changes it would be interesting to see a lot more Fo priests on the battlefield...

Damage reduction is way too OP.

I don't remember having any problems fighting WL when I was BL.

No one said BL has problems with fighting WL, but what would you find appropriate as a passive

Why is damage reduction overpowered, but a damage buff isn't?

A damage reduction lowers the damage of everyone you are fighting. A damage buff only makes you stronger against whatever opponent you have targeted.

A damage reduction lowers the damage of everyone you are fighting. A damage buff only makes you stronger against whatever opponent you have targeted.

Maybe it could be on a 1 target basis?

This is a fair and a very good point. I would see no problem in Lib getting a damage buff at the same faith/favor that Mag does, but I would personally rather that it is a bit lower - say maybe 10/15% - since there is no diversity among Lib priests. And every single Lib priest running around with +25% might be a tad OP.

Also, something to consider; every priest class does not have to be 100% unique in their abilities and buffs.

Will perhaps comment on the rest of the suggestion at a later date, but I do like that you're bringing the subject up.

Magranon is the war god, hence the damage gains when fighting and the % to keep items on death.

Why give that to Fo? He is a healer and doesn't get into the front lines as much?

-1 to all ideas. The thievery bonus btw was for all Libila followers, which was abused by many...

The damage reduction suggestion is ridiculous, you know how hard it is to fight a Libila priest already? Drain health + stamina make you guys unbeatable in a 1v1.  You just got to know how to use your priests :)

As ive said before i believe Mags rez stone bonus should be taken away and given to vyn

Fo already has a passive, not getting attacked by animals.

And Damage reduction isnt a good idea, only lvl 11 insanity and Champs should have any kinda of damage reduction.

Libilia already has a SLIGHT passive in that they can both WC and mine, mabye a good passive could be wounds not getting worse over time or something, but i dont think Damage reduction would be healthy for pvp at all.

3) Libila previously had a small buff to thievery skill-gain which was removed. Instead, they should receive a 25% damage reduction when the priest has both 40 faith and 40 favor. This would work similarly to Mags damage buff, in that it doesn't stack with the Insanity level 11 ability "Path of the gone". However when champing it would stack to add an extra 10% to the existing 60% damage reduction. (Bear in mind that Mag champs have the 60% reduction AND the 25% damage buff). So whereas on a normal champ, instead of 10 damage you do 4, on a lib champ you would do 3.

Sorry, but it's overpowered.  25% at 40?  It takes less than a month to get 40 faith, while something like the Path of the Gone takes months and months to achieve.  One issue with PVP already in some aspect is that it feels like you be a priest to PvP, that it's dominantly spells before actual players fighting players with their swords.  The truth is that priests already have the hugest advantage - they have spells.  Is there really a need for the passives?  It just adds another variable to fights instead of actually just having an even playing field.  Spells are already a huge bonus over a regular player, especially Pillar spells and the buffs like Excel, Truehit, Nolocate, etc.

You keep buffing priests and you're going to keep making it harder and harder for the non-priests to even stand a chance in PvP against them.  No one will agree with this, because it's the main reason some people priest up, but should do away with passives and damage % bonuses or at least require that to be 70faith+ stuff.  It's far too easy to get 30-40 faith and these easy bonuses that easily turn and change a fight. 

Sorry, but it's overpowered.  25% at 40?  It takes less than a month to get 40 faith, while something like the Path of the Gone takes months and months to achieve.

I believe that's why it says

Perhaps the Faith and Favor requirements (Especially for the damage increase and reduction buffs) should be increased aswell as mentioned by Posteh in the previous thread.

The only reason the required faith and favor was so low in the original post is that, that's the amount mag currently need.

I'd definitely agree that all those sorts of passive buffs should only be active at high faith and favor, maybe 70+, or even 90+.

One issue with PVP already in some aspect is that it feels like you be a priest to PvP, that it's dominantly spells before actual players fighting players with their swords. 

Then change the game to be more about passive buffs, that way despite the priests having a bonus, it isn't a case of everyone standing back until they've ran out of favor.

And yes maybe the damage reduction would be a bit overpowered, but it's difficult to suggest a completely new mechanic for every god whilst sticking to that gods playstyle.

If the suggestion had been this:

I would see no problem in Lib getting a damage buff at the same faith/favor that Mag does,

Also, something to consider; every priest class does not have to be 100% unique in their abilities and buffs.

The first posts would have been about how every religion "shouldn't be the same"

Magranon is the war god, hence the damage gains when fighting and the % to keep items on death.

Why give that to Fo? He is a healer and doesn't get into the front lines as much?

-1 to all ideas. The thievery bonus btw was for all Libila followers, which was abused by many...

The damage reduction suggestion is ridiculous, you know how hard it is to fight a Libila priest already? Drain health + stamina make you guys unbeatable in a 1v1.  You just got to know how to use your priests :)

Oh hell no to giving Libila damage reduction.  They can already spam rotting gut and drain health as they please, no need to give them an even easier time.

yeah i gonna -1 this too. Lib priest is strong enough as is, ok it has no passive bonus...but lets face it, apart from Mag's fire pillar, they don't really have any useful spells :P

As I say in all these thread's about priest's, you have to take into account the pvp aspects as well as the non pvp aspects.

Vynora has very little pvp buffs, but has insane enchantment spells. Fo is half and half. Mag has great pvp buffs but crap spells outside that. Libila is a combo of all these.

I don't like people suggesting to buff a certain type of priest just because that's the type of priest they are, you have to look at it from a bigger picture and realize what implications the suggested buffs will have on the other types of priests.

The fact that all the different types of priests are being used on epic atm is reason enough to believe that they're all pretty well balanced :P

+1 because... Duh.

OP -1.

fo goes into the front lines, but the magranon is supposed to BE the front line.

The post isn't 1 whole suggestion it's 4 different ones people keep seeing 1 suggestion and then -1 it! I understand mag is the god of war but it has like 4 passives which seems abit over the top where as fo's only passive is that it doesn't get attacked comon that sucks! The lib suggestion I understand seems abit stupid now but it also doesn't have a passive so any suggestions on one? Also nobody has said anything about the vyn suggestion! Remember it's not just about mag and lib

Give back libila's god damn thievery bonus and i would be happy

Give back libila's god damn thievery bonus and i would be happy

Only for priests, +1 to this.

-1 to the OP.

Hi,

my point of view (I'm a ~90 faith Fo priest on Indie):

The current spell system is broken beyond tolerable. Vyn priests make insane money, Fo priests have insane fun, Mag priests - well. Libila - dunno.

IMHO any single religion should have:

• 1 or 2 balanced, equally valuable enchantment spells. (CoC, WoA etc.)
  • 2 or 3 balanced, equally valuable utility spells. (Strongwall, Courier etc.)
  • 1 balanced, equally valuable "taming" spell.
  • 1 balanced, equally valuable "AoE attack" spell.
  • And then a balanced, equally valuable repertoire of spells matching the god. Fo gets healing/farming/husbandry, Mag & Lib gets battle spells and other, Vyn gets knowledge spells and a goodie.

Each priest should be as useful as one of any another religion, in PvE and PvP. IMHO. Each in his/ her own style.

Tbh, I feel overpowered in PvE, as Fo Priest, even if I have no real way to make money of my priesthood. I'm charming any animal (tank provided), I don't get attacked by animals (thus I'm invaluable in separating aggro herds), I'm a very good breeder, I heal you up to full HP as long as there's a spark of live left in your beaten up remains. I'm Uber. Even if most Fo spells are borked beyond believe.

ATM anybody in PvE not going Vyn is just stupid. There's the money. The PvP ppl might prefer Mag or Lib, and the few tree-hugging weirdos will become Fo.

But IMHO any god should be equally usable. In PvP as well as in PvE.

And this would need a complete overhaul of the complete priest system. It's time to do this now, IMHO.

Have a good time!