Sign in to follow this  
Hellaciouss

The Drum Roll

Could anyone shed some light onto what it ACTUALLY means when you hear it?

I've heard someone say it sounds when you make a rare, which does not 100% accurate.

I was thinking that maybe it is heard when whatever you were doing either had a chance to make a rare and you failed, or did make a rare, and then you know your hour cooldown starts before you get another "chance"?

Anyone else know? Or can confirm? Or something.

Every time I've gotten the drumroll I've gotten or been using a rare.  For instance, working a rare tenon into a boat, I get the drumroll every time until it succeeds and fits in.  If I failed, I'd still have the rare and still have the drumroll next time.  Similarly, while working on another item (I forget what) I got a drumroll, but unfortunately failed to continue building it, so it did not become rare.

Aye the drumroll indicates the window for getting a rare has occured, regardless of success or failure. Sort of like the oldtime circus drumrolls for feats of daring.

Aye the drumroll indicates the window for getting a rare has occured, regardless of success or failure. Sort of like the oldtime circus drumrolls for feats of daring.

Is there no visual effect for those of us with no sound / no hearing?

Is there no visual effect for those of us with no sound / no hearing?

If there is I havent seen it.