Sign in to follow this  
LegendaryGamer

Basements

Make Basements?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Make Basements?

• Yes We Should.
    • No We Must Not.

Is this mine under houses and into them??  If so then you would have to make it so only the owner of the house can do it and that no entrance may be touching a wall.  Would this also mean being able to place houses over mine entrances? Or that the person must build the house first then mine in?

i think basments can only be build in dirt. and only if there is enough dirt to fit the basement in.

also would make sense to build a basment on free dirt tiles and than build the building above it. noone builds the cellar after the house...

I don't care if it's just a room/rooms under the house or if it can be linked up with the rock layer either way sounds good to me. The thing i don't want to see is just a house over a mine entrance that is not a basement/cellar i want the actual room under the house.

The way i picture it is you go down the stairs/trapdoor/ladder and your in a room made out of either stone or wood depending on the type of house you built. In this room you have an option on any one of the walls to tunnel in just like we do now. Once you tunnel in then your in the rock layer and mining is like it normal is. I don't know how this will work with the existing rock layer but that is the way i would like to see it work.

I don't care if it's just a room/rooms under the house or if it can be linked up with the rock layer either way sounds good to me. The thing i don't want to see is just a house over a mine entrance that is not a basement/cellar i want the actual room under the house.

The way i picture it is you go down the stairs/trapdoor/ladder and your in a room made out of either stone or wood depending on the type of house you built. In this room you have an option on any one of the walls to tunnel in just like we do now. Once you tunnel in then your in the rock layer and mining is like it normal is. I don't know how this will work with the existing rock layer but that is the way i would like to see it work.

+1. cave. tile. borders.

build interior walls in your cave cellar, they would act as house walls and thus take as much to break in under the house, as above.

Maybe instead of a physical room, it could be a hatch in the floor over a dirt tile, kind of like making floor planks, that behaves similar to a chest.

Overall I like the idea.  +1

a thing that will most properly differ is that with basements you can get out of since its in your house but if there is a cave between 2 houses then GMs cant get you out since they will then say its a player made kind of trap

i think it would be maybe an interesting thing to see a door on the ground (which you can create like a house wall maybe) and this cellar can only have the same size as the house above (to prevent interruption with caves).

and maybe its acting similar to actually caves when going near the entrance, door is opening (like house doors) and then you can see inside.

+1 would be nice for more space without interfering with othr things above land ;)

There was the idea to allow tunneling basements in dirt, like you tunnel a mine into rock.

Maybe instead of a physical room, it could be a hatch in the floor over a dirt tile, kind of like making floor planks, that behaves similar to a chest.

Overall I like the idea. +1

Yeah, I like that. Like combine a large chest (or another container) with a floor planks (or other paveing material). Have the difficulty some what high to avoid abuse.

There was the idea to allow tunneling basements in dirt, like you tunnel a mine into rock.

I'd much much rather have "real basements" like this, not just a "storage chest disguised as a trap door" deal, which doesn't really interest me at all. I want the physical room part if we are going to do it at all.

Simplest thing to do may be to just allow the construction of mine doors in houses, and vis versa. Originally it was bugged behavior, and I have no idea if it was affecting anything persay. I even asked Rolf once; however, he didnt recal at the time.

Edited by Klaa

103rd vote!

Zcul your turn to look into this :P

Zcul is working on multistory, has been all the time people have been complaining about Rolf not being on it.

So it's likely that he will at least consider it.

love the idea, keeps the feel of the game and any thing that adds on to houses is great by me. +1