Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmclock: Desktop App Showing Current Wurm Time, Date and Season

ok I am trying to get this to work also..

If I have my server name like this..

http://myservername.dyndns.org:1234

The 1234 being the port.. then how would I do mine.?? Would it be like this. If this was the path to my stats.html file that is :)

http://myservername.dyndns.org:1234/steam/apps/games/wurm_unlimited_dedicated_server/stats.html

Or does the port go after.

http://myservername.dyndns.org/steam/apps/games/wurm_unlimited_dedicated_server/stats.html:1234

Help please on how I would get this to work..??

Yaga, if I select or deselect "Always on top" I always get an exception erro, pressing continue allows the app to continue in the mode I selected.

Win7-64, Wurm is windowed and no prog/app overlaps the clock.

3 hours ago, Chulirac said:

Yaga, if I select or deselect "Always on top" I always get an exception erro, pressing continue allows the app to continue in the mode I selected.

Win7-64, Wurm is windowed and no prog/app overlaps the clock.

That is odd - I never saw that before. There is nothing special in WurmClock, it just uses the OS's "topmost" functionality.

Please check if you are running the latest version of .NET

Putting this address into the Wurmclock3.ini is what your talking about right.. 

Cause no matter what I type in there It never connects to my wurm server for the clock to work..

The wurmclock3 never open I get an error every time no matter what way I try it..? Uggg

I removed the port completly as to have it just like a web url but still no joy yet..

Does your Wurm server have an http server running?  You need to be able to access the stats.html file as a web page... if you can't access it in a web browser, the clock can't access it either.

7 hours ago, Karther said:

Putting this address into the Wurmclock3.ini is what your talking about right.. 

Cause no matter what I type in there It never connects to my wurm server for the clock to work..

The wurmclock3 never open I get an error every time no matter what way I try it..? Uggg

I removed the port completly as to have it just like a web url but still no joy yet..

Actually, WurmClock should be able to access any stats.html file that can be opened in a web browser. If you send me the URL you are trying to use (by PM) I can try to see what happens.

14 hours ago, Yaga said:

That is odd - I never saw that before. There is nothing special in WurmClock, it just uses the OS's "topmost" functionality.

Please check if you are running the latest version of .NET

v4.5.2

Maybe this will help, from the details tab ...

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ‮‏‫‪‬‏‌‏‍‭‮‬‍‫‫‭‍‎‪‫‭‬‪‭‮.‍‍‭‮‮‬‬‍‭‬‮‌‏‪‍‮‬‏‮‫‪‎‭‬‭‪‮(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

23 hours ago, Chulirac said:

v4.5.2

Maybe this will help, from the details tab ...

I'm looking into it, and I may have an idea. Can you tell me if this also happens with the info box turned on - or if it is affected by the info box at all?

For the Super Big and easy to read skins.

Thank You.

Edited by Ratheden
  • Like 1

Microsoft security essentials keeps removing wurm clock. :(    (I editted the INI file for wurm unlimited, and it worked for a week or two before this started happening.)

5 hours ago, Hippiedruid said:

Microsoft security essentials keeps removing wurm clock. :(    (I editted the INI file for wurm unlimited, and it worked for a week or two before this started happening.)

I don't know how MS Security Essentials works, but some of the security programs use a "whitelist" to decide if they allow a program to run. As long as they don't know a specific program they will classify it as "suspicious" and block it. Usually they use a huge list of "known programs" - and I'm pretty sure WurmClock is not among those :)

Please check if Security Essentials has an option to manually add a program to its whitelist. And: make sure that you use the latest version of WurmClock, downloaded from the link mentioned in the original post (https://www.dropbox.com/s/nz2zv00gdqaom0i/WurmClock301.zip?dl=1).

If you are unsure about the integrity of WurmClock3.exe you may use any of the leading antivirus tools (Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Avast, Avira...) to scan the file before running it.

Hi Yaga, could you please add parsing of the stats.xml file as well?  The WU server I play on has made the xml available but not the html.

I could add it for you if I had access to your source. :D

9 hours ago, Ricowan said:

Hi Yaga, could you please add parsing of the stats.xml file as well?  The WU server I play on has made the xml available but not the html.

I could add it for you if I had access to your source. :D

Why is that? The stats.html should be in the same folder as stats.xml. If the server operator hides the html file for some reason (?), maybe you can just talk to him?

I could extend WurmClock's functionality to (optionally) read stats.xml instead of stats.html, but is it worth the effort, as we always have both files?

Is anybody else having this problem?

Clock works fine for me. Though I do have a few suggestions;

-Option to resize the calendar.

-Countdown 'till the next season (can be toggled).

19 hours ago, Yaga said:

Why is that? The stats.html should be in the same folder as stats.xml. If the server operator hides the html file for some reason (?), maybe you can just talk to him?

I could extend WurmClock's functionality to (optionally) read stats.xml instead of stats.html, but is it worth the effort, as we always have both files?

Is anybody else having this problem?

Actually, I think it's a matter of the web site being on a physically different server than the Wurm server and they only want to copy the xml file to the web server.

7 hours ago, Benie said:

Clock works fine for me. Though I do have a few suggestions;

-Option to resize the calendar.

-Countdown 'till the next season (can be toggled).

- The calendar cannot just be resized, because it uses a fixed-size image (designed to be easily readable on a standard HD monitor). However, I will look into an option to select a smaller version of the calendar.

- There already is a line showing how many days (or Wurm weeks) you have to wait until the next season is about to begin; just open the info box. (In addition: season changes don't occur at a specific date, but at a random time within a period of several Wurm days.

3 hours ago, Ricowan said:

Actually, I think it's a matter of the web site being on a physically different server than the Wurm server and they only want to copy the xml file to the web server.

I'll look into it for the next update.

7 hours ago, Yaga said:

- There already is a line showing how many days (or Wurm weeks) you have to wait until the next season is about to begin; just open the info box. (In addition: season changes don't occur at a specific date, but at a random time within a period of several Wurm days.

What I meant is, as an addition to the '(About # Wurm weeks 'till Season)', is a countdown once it shows 0 Wurm weeks, and 0 real days 'till the next season.

Also, when it shows "4 real days" until Spring, how is that possible? That would have Spring happening as early as December 13th. Please help me to understand this.

2 minutes ago, Benie said:

What I meant is, as an addition to the '(About # Wurm weeks 'till Season)', is a countdown once it shows 0 Wurm weeks, and 0 real days 'till the next season.

Also, when it shows "4 real days" until Spring, how is that possible? That would have Spring happening as early as December 13th. Please help me to understand this.

Winter in Wurm lasts roughly 5 Wurm weeks, so the beginning of spring will be around Dec. 13th. Winter is short in Wurm! :)

As for the countdown: as I already explained it can't be done due to game mechanics. There is no way of knowing the exact date and time of a season change in advance. The turn of a season occurs randomly approximately within a Wurm week. So, if WurmClock says "About 0 Wurm weeks until ..." it means: the week in which the season will change has come.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yaga said:

so the beginning of spring will be around Dec. 13th

So you're saying that Wurmxmas(which five years ago was the same day as Christmas Day, and there was also snow that day)... is going to happen in Wurm Spring? If so, that's... weird.

Edited by Benie

Wurm seasons are in no way related to the real life year. There was one exception: a few years ago the devs deliberately changed the normal flow of seasons to "force" winter to occur in December. :)

(However, please remember that December means mid-summer on the southern hemisphere! So, why should there be snow in December? ;) )

Hello,

I'm got the stats.html address from a dev of the WU server I play on but he said if the clock is a constant poll that pings that page often then the DDOS protection might IP block me. Could you tell me how often the clock will ping the page address and if the ping time can be modified?

Thanks

4 hours ago, dezi37 said:

Hello,

I'm got the stats.html address from a dev of the WU server I play on but he said if the clock is a constant poll that pings that page often then the DDOS protection might IP block me. Could you tell me how often the clock will ping the page address and if the ping time can be modified?

Thanks

WurmClock V3 reads data from the online location every 5 minutes. This is a fixed interval.

Update: Version 3.03

WurmClock V3 is now able to (optionally) read the online time from the file "stats.xml" instead of "stats.html".