Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmclock: Desktop App Showing Current Wurm Time, Date and Season

Greetings Yaga,

I recently lost most of my sight and until then i had used the clock for years. Now the text and skin(optional DL, large face) are a bit too small to read.

Is it possible or are you willing to make the text larger and a larger clockface then the optional skin?   I use a magnifier from but it does not work with the clock. If you could get this to work with the clock instead, it would great as well.

Any help you might offer I thank you in advance for.

Perodin/Ratheden

I'm sorry to hear that, Ratheden. :(

Well, I'm working on a new version of WurmClock anyway (it will contain a calendar function, among other things) - I'll try to find out what I can do for you. However, due to many other obligations my time for programming is a bit limited at the moment, so it will take a while, I'm afraid....

• Like 1

My thanks for the future update, is there any thing you can think of that i might do on my end?

Hey there

Is this app still accurate and relevant enough to trust?

I love it

Hey there

Is this app still accurate and relevant enough to trust?

I love it

It is! :)

Thanks

Hey folks!

Just a heads-up concerning WurmClock and the display of harvesting seasons. Some months ago the devs made modifications to Wurm, making harvesting seasons more random. The beginning of a season can now vary within a period of up to 5 Wurm weeks (4+ real days) - so that WurmClock's display may occasionally be wrong! (Thank you, Marlon, for drawing my attention to this problem.)

I'm working on a new version of WurmClock and will take up this issue.

Thanks for using WurmClock.

• Like 1

Sneak preview: "WurmClock V3" is coming soon:

GLSqcTB.png

It's still WIP, but rapidly approaching release. In addition to the well-known clock "WurmClock V3" will have a new calendar dial, showing the Wurm year with its starfalls (months) and seasons, and will indicate the current time of year (starfall and week). Of course, the calendar display will be optional (for those of you who prefer the smaller "clock-only" version), just like the additional info window shown above. The "Real Time Days" scale will make it easier to calculate the number of real days left until a certain Wurm date (for example the end of winter ;)).

I hope you will like it.

• Like 3

Looks really nice. Did you figure out the season randomness problem?

I take it you refer to harvesting seasons. From the information we have it works like this: For each fruit there is a "reference week" for harvest (for example: 3rd week of Raven for apples). Due to the randomness the actual harvesting period can start at any time between "reference week - 2 weeks" and "reference week + 2 weeks".

So, here is what I will do: during the 2 weeks preceding the reference week WurmClock will tell you something like "Apple: Early harvest possible" (code "Apple(-)" for now), during the reference week you will get "Apple: harvest likely" (code "Apple(0)"), and during the 2 weeks following the reference week it will be something like "Apple: Late harvest possible" (code "Apple(+)").

It's the best I can do.

• Like 1

Makes sense. Would be nice if it was a little more predictable because olive seasons can last less than a real life day, easy to miss unless you are always on top of it. I'm hoping WU will let us figure some of these secrets out.

Almost there! :)

Cxxla4y.jpg

V3 will not only have a working calendar dial, but will also come in 3 dial sizes ("Standard", "Large" and "Extra Large") for users with limited eyesight.

WurmClock V3 will also be compatible with "Wurm Unlimited"!

11NC8Mc.jpg

• Like 1

Added a calendar window:

doWEwJh.png

Clicking on any day of the Wurm year will show info about that particular day:

UpKM7fW.png

Beta test is still ongoing, but I hope I'll be able to release V3 soon!

• Like 2

Been using it and it's great. The tray icon doesn't seem to do anything, would be nice if a single click would bring the program to the top because if always on top is unchecked I have to minimize each window to see it. Also a right click menu on it to toggle the calendar and info box would be helpful.

Thanks for the great clock!

Edited by NESGamepro

Been using it and it's great. The tray icon doesn't seem to do anything, would be nice if a single click would bring the program to the top because if always on top is unchecked I have to minimize each window to see it. Also a right click menu on it to toggle the calendar and info box would be helpful.

Thanks for the great clock!

Thanks. Will look into what's possible with the tray icon.

Update (v 3.01): Added functionality to tray icon (clicking the icon will bring WurmClock to front, right-clicking the icon will show the context menu)

You could use a program like Cobian Backup to transfer stats.html to a host. Would have to be done pretty often to keep the clock accurate.

You could use a program like Cobian Backup to transfer stats.html to a host. Would have to be done pretty often to keep the clock accurate.

Currently WurmClock reads the online time every 5 minutes. (Time is interpolated in between.)