Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmclock: Desktop App Showing Current Wurm Time, Date and Season

Avast! Antivirus was updated and now no longer classifies WurmClock as "Suspicious".

• Like 1

Updated.

Version 2.02 (Added harvest info for walnut and chestnut)

• Like 2

Avast! Antivirus was updated and now no longer classifies WurmClock as "Suspicious".

Use Comodo personally and so far it hasn't found the clock to be problematic.

Nice you were able to get it sorted out though.

Edited by Klaa

The seasons are not highlighted for me on the clock?  Is there something that I missed?

Thanks for a fun tool!

Edited by Salvia_Divinorum

Hello!

Continues to be one of the few things I like seeing on my desktop.  Very useful app whether I'm in game or not!

Quick question:

I keep my second screen to the left of my main screen.  This means the X coordinate can sometimes run into the negatives.

The coords do show correctly in the .ini file, but when I launch wurmclock, it appears in the middle of my main screen rather than the saved position.

Is there something I can do to have wurmclock recognize and implement the negative x-coord?

.ini file:

[Program Settings]
StayOnTop = 1
ClockPosX = -365
ClockPosY = 19
[user Skin]
ClockSize = 165
ClockFace = 0
FaceFile =
ClockHand = 0
HandFile =
DisplayDate = 0
DisplaySeason = 0
DisplayHarvest = 1

Thanks!

Rey

Hello!

Continues to be one of the few things I like seeing on my desktop.  Very useful app whether I'm in game or not!

Quick question:

I keep my second screen to the left of my main screen.  This means the X coordinate can sometimes run into the negatives.

The coords do show correctly in the .ini file, but when I launch wurmclock, it appears in the middle of my main screen rather than the saved position.

Is there something I can do to have wurmclock recognize and implement the negative x-coord?

.ini file:

[Program Settings]

StayOnTop = 1

ClockPosX = -365

ClockPosY = 19

[user Skin]

ClockSize = 165

ClockFace = 0

FaceFile =

ClockHand = 0

HandFile =

DisplayDate = 0

DisplaySeason = 0

DisplayHarvest = 1

Thanks!

Rey

I suspect WurmClock isn't prepared for negative numbers in the ini file. I'll look into it after the holidays.

(I'm currently porting WurmClock to .NET, but I'll try to fix this in the current version before the new one will be released.)

• Like 1

I'm working on a new version of WurmClock, which will be written in C# and running with .NET on MS Windows. The new version (3.0) will include a Wurm Calender function and probably also the functionality of "WurmYear" (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/88203-wurmyear-desktop-app-showing-current-wurm-time-of-year-and-season/).

However, I'm not sure if it'll be worthwhile to recreate the "user skin" feature, because this would mean a lot of work and will probably delay the release of the new version considerably. So here is my question to WurmClock users:

How important are the user skins for you? Would it be OK for you if I would skip that function in favor of a new calendar functionality?

I wouldn't mind not having the skin feature.  Will it still look like an analog clock, or something more digital?  Also, what about a desktop gadget version?  :)  Maybe I'll work on my gadget again.

Will it still look like an analog clock, or something more digital?

It will look exactly the same, only without user skins.

Edited by Yaga

Also, what about a desktop gadget version?

What would the advantage of a gadget version be? Besides, here is what MS says (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/gadgets):

the Windows Sidebar platform in Windows 7 and Windows Vista has serious vulnerabilities. Microsoft has retired the feature in newer releases of Windows. Gadgets could be exploited to harm your computer, access your computer's files, show you objectionable content, or change their behavior at any time. An attacker could even use a gadget to take complete control of your PC.

Meh.  I still use desktop gadgets, a couple that I wrote, a few I've downloaded.  Microsoft did that more because it wanted to force everyone to the Windows Store than any real danger.  The main reason for asking for a gadget version of WurmClock is so that it would co-exist with the other gadgets on my desktop.  No worries, it was just a thought.  :)

*pokes*

Is this still alive? I just saw ingame that chestnuts were harvestable and that made me think of Wurmclock for some reason.

An old version I still ahd floating on my computer didnt show chestnuts as "harvest" so I went to look here if there was a newer version (there was 2.02), but after downloading it and starting it, harvest is still "none".

On topic a bit I guess (if this still is being worked on XD): I dont mind being stuck with the basic skin, it looks very nice already :)

*pokes*

Is this still alive? I just saw ingame that chestnuts were harvestable and that made me think of Wurmclock for some reason.

An old version I still ahd floating on my computer didnt show chestnuts as "harvest" so I went to look here if there was a newer version (there was 2.02), but after downloading it and starting it, harvest is still "none".

On topic a bit I guess (if this still is being worked on XD): I dont mind being stuck with the basic skin, it looks very nice already :)

Yeah, WurmClock is still alive - although I must admit I didn't have enough time to spend working on it recently.

Regarding seasons: generally harvest seasons do not always start on the same day, there is an uncertainty of a couple of Wurm days. So WurmClock cannot be completely precise, but usually predicts seasons correctly with an accuracy of 1 RL day. I'll check, though - maybe seasons have been changed lately.

• Like 1

Chrome considers this malicious, and blocks it.

So?

Chrome seems to classify almost everything it doesn't know as suspicious, and it always blocks downloading executable files, even if packed! I can assure you that WurmClock is clean, as long as you download it from its original location.

• Like 1

*Pokes again*

I am not sure my following suggestion is even remotely possible, but I thought "Meh why not ask, you never know Yaga can make it work"

=> I have a Logitech G19 keyboard, these keyboards have a nice little colour-lcd screen attached to them. There is usually just a clock showing on mine (together with some computer specs like ram, cpu, etc...).

And I was thinking if it is possible to make wurmclock run on that little lcd-screen? I know nothing of coding and such, so most likely this will either be a complete re-write, or simply not possible, or (who knows) the most simple thing to do?

Anyways, just asking (and hoping) ;) (and I also hope I'm not the only one out here with a G19 keyboard? :P)

I am not sure my following suggestion is even remotely possible, but I thought "Meh why not ask, you never know Yaga can make it work"

=> I have a Logitech G19 keyboard, these keyboards have a nice little colour-lcd screen attached to them. There is usually just a clock showing on mine (together with some computer specs like ram, cpu, etc...).

And I was thinking if it is possible to make wurmclock run on that little lcd-screen? I know nothing of coding and such, so most likely this will either be a complete re-write, or simply not possible, or (who knows) the most simple thing to do?

Anyways, just asking (and hoping) ;) (and I also hope I'm not the only one out here with a G19 keyboard? :P)

This is just... I cannot download it... I ask my computer how to remove "block" on that file so I can download there is step by step guide where to toggle off blocking but guess what that "remove block" button doesn't exist there... Usually every time my computer blocks something I at least have ability to de-block it , but this specific downloand is just "Chrome blocks this download" and nothing ! I cannot do anything about it it drives me mad ! How can they be so ignorant to not even think about possiblity that some user might be using some kind of "unofficial" addition to help him in his goddamn game and maybe they should add option to not block that file... 

Just use better browser than Chrome and problem will be solved. :D

I'm using Chrome since looong time ago and never had problems with downloading and running stuff from there.

No clue what Chrome you guys have.

I used Chrome for a while, but then returned to Firefox. Chrome seems to be rather picky when it comes to downloading stuff it doesn't know or doesn't like for some reason. ;)

Sebo, I suggest to use Internet Explorer (or Firefox, if you have that) to download the program.

Greetings Yaga,

I recently lost most of my sight and until then i had used the clock for years. Now the text and skin(optional DL, large face) are a bit too small to read.

Is it possible or are you willing to make the text larger and a larger clockface then the optional skin?   I use a magnifier from href='http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/%C2'> but it does not work with the clock. If you could get this to work with the clock instead, it would great as well.

Any help you might offer I thank you in advance for.

Perodin/Ratheden