Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmclock: Desktop App Showing Current Wurm Time, Date and Season

Lol - doing the chores for you definitely keeps me busy during most of the day. So, if you really consider giving me a break, master, I might be able to look into this little problem for you ;)

Well, joking aside - this might be a problem. At the moment the text position is kind of hard-coded and relates to the actual center point of the clock face. Using different fonts and sizes would make this little program a lot more complex, I wonder if it will really be worth the effort.

Anybody else keen on having different fonts and sizes? (If I get enough requests and motivation I might go and try to find a solution ;) )

Here is my dilemma.

I like to run Wurm Clock on my laptop... however... I can not get in game with my laptop (too low specs)

How can I sync my clock?

You don't need to run Wurm for the clock to work!

As described in the program documentation (hint, hint ;) ) WurmClock uses a "synchronization server" provided by user ago to get the current in-game time. So, after a server downtime and reboot the program will try to read the correct time from that sync server.

Only if ago's sync server time is not updated regularly you need to run Wurm at least once to manually synchronize the clock.

So, if you are unable to run Wurm you just have to wait for ago's sync server to be updated and the time displayed by WurmClock will be correct again.

I am very sorry that WurmClock has to use this complicated mechanism! However, Rolf unfortunately gives user-written applications no way to access the server time or any other server data. I've already asked him (and some of the devs), but I received no answer :(

Here is my dilemma.

I like to run Wurm Clock on my laptop... however... I can not get in game with my laptop (too low specs)

How can I sync my clock?

I must say this is the handiest thing for Wurm I have ever found! Great job and thank you for such a handy app.

Here is version 2.00, a major update of WurmClock! Nothing that can be seen at a first glance; in fact the clock will look almost exactly the same and the time displayed will (hopefully) be the same as before. :)

However, finally WurmClock can obtain the in-game time directly from the Wurm server status information provided by Code Club AB. This status information has been made available only recently, and WurmClock will now synchronize with one of the official server status URLs (e. g. "http://freedom001.ga...les/stats.html"). Thus, the clock does no longer depend on a user-provided synchronization server which means that time synchronization will be much faster after a server reboot!

You'll find a short description and the download links in the OP.

Have fun using WurmClock!

• Like 1

Thanks Yaga!

I've come to depend on that clock a lot when deciding what I do next :). Who wants to mine when the sun's about to rise!

Also love knowing what's in season with a quick glance!

Had to release a minor update today. It turned out that one of the server status URLs (Independence) is not being refreshed, while the server status says "Up and running". Thus, the clock seemed to be stuck since last night. Still have to find out what to do in a case like this (WurmClock was depending on the status information, which in this case is wrong).

Version 2.01 (download from OP) has a first workaround, using the login server's time and date now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

When you fetch the server status you'll get the last modified time with the HTTP response:

$ curl -v http://freedom001.game.wurmonline.com/battles/stats.html
* About to connect() to freedom001.game.wurmonline.com port 80 (#0)
* Trying 194.68.222.113... connected
> GET /battles/stats.html HTTP/1.1
> User-Agent: curl/7.22.0 (i686-pc-cygwin) libcurl/7.22.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8r zlib/1.2.5 libidn/1.22 libssh2/1.2.7
> Host: freedom001.game.wurmonline.com
> Accept: */*
>
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 08:45:33 GMT
< Server: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
< Last-Modified: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 08:45:32 GMT
< ETag: "1dc002-9c1-4cee941b62300"
< Accept-Ranges: bytes
< Content-Length: 2497
< Vary: Accept-Encoding
< Content-Type: text/html
<

You could check the Last-Modified header and check if it's older than a few minutes.

When you fetch the server status you'll get the last modified time with the HTTP response:

You could check the Last-Modified header and check if it's older than a few minutes.

Thanks a lot - I'm going to try this.

Edited by Yaga

Mine is off...how can I reset it?

Can you give me more details, please? How is it off? Does it appear frozen or is it behind/ahead? If so, by how much? Always, or only after a server reboot? Which server are you on?

Please note, that you can always try to right click the clock and select "Synchronize Clock". Does this fix the problem? (Maybe you'll have to wait for a couple of minutes.)

No problem, Daash. However, there was a reason to have two separate files. The program and the skins are bound to be updated at different intervals, so I considered separate files more practical. :)

Please check this thread for updates.

Hi, my Wurmclock seems to be displaying all the correct information, but it is not highlighting the season. None are highlighted at all. Any ideas?

Thanks!

edit: Nm, I see in the .pdf that's it's currently unavailable. Sorry.

Edited by Arson

Hi, my Wurmclock seems to be displaying all the correct information, but it is not highlighting the season. None are highlighted at all. Any ideas?

Thanks!

edit: Nm, I see in the .pdf that's it's currently unavailable. Sorry.

Yes, indeed :) See here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/61451-wurmclock-desktop-app-showing-current-wurm-time-and-date/page__st__60#entry613772

For some time I noticed that the clock shows different time, ie. now in the game is: "It is 16:26:14 on..." (taken from main forum page), and the clock shows something between 11 and 12 am.

I tried to download latest version but have an error: "Download permission denied by uploader."

Any idea what wrong?

For some time I noticed that the clock shows different time, ie. now in the game is: "It is 16:26:14 on..." (taken from main forum page), and the clock shows something between 11 and 12 am.

I tried to download latest version but have an error: "Download permission denied by uploader."

Any idea what wrong?

You should definitely use the latest version (2.01) of the program. The mechanism of time synchronisation has been changed since version 2.00.

Obviously, the file host (rapidshare) changed all folder settings recently, effectively preventing all downloads! :( I fixed the problem now - thanks for the heads up.

Please note that someone else published another tool called "Wurmclock" today. I'd like to state that Chakron's web application is in no way related to the original WurmClock - he didn't even contact me before announcing it :(

There are rumors that WurmClock shows incorrect Wurm time for some users. Please report any errors you may encounter, including the program version you are using, so that I have a chance to fix any bugs that might exist.

Please make sure that you use the latest version (2.01). Older versions will display incorrect time (see release notes in OP)!