Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmclock: Desktop App Showing Current Wurm Time, Date and Season

Update v1.20

The mechanism of synchronizing with the current in-game has been enhanced. WurmClock no longer depends solely on the remote synchronization server but will also try to find timestamps in the local player's logfiles! This means that, even if the timestamp on the sync server has not been updated after a server reboot, WurmClock will be able to adjust the in-game time by searching the game's local logfiles.

To make use of that feature (if you suspect the time displayed by WurmClock to be wrong due to a server reboot) you should just launch your game client and press the F6 key (or enter "/time" in the chat line). A timestamp will be written to your event logfile and WurmClock will use that timestamp when performing its next synchronization (approximately every 15 minutes). You don't even have to wait for that - there is a new entry in the context menu: "Synchronize clock"! By selecting that option you force WurmClock to perform the time synchronization immediately.

To make sure that you always have a recent timestamp in your event log, you could add the line

say /time

to the file autoexec.txt, located in your

<wurm folder>\configs\default

folder  (<wurm folder> = installation path of Wurm Online).

As you probably know, WurmClock tries to display the current in-game season by highlighting one of four season symbols:

seasons.png

Unfortunately, I now realized that there are no fixed dates for the seasonal changes; they occur randomly within a certain period. (I assumed that the Wurm calendar defines 4 season periods of 3 starfalls each, as it is in RL - but this is not the case.) So, I will either have to remove the season symbols from the clock face or find some other way to determine the current in-game season.

Does anybody have a good idea? Maybe WurmClock could somehow check one of the local game files? Find out about about the currently active texture set? Would that be legal at all? Any suggestions?

You could display the seasons with a circular dial, marking the time periods where transitions are likely to happen. It'll probably display the correct thing for over 90 % of the wurm year and will still tell you when a season is coming to an end.

the OP link isn't working

working again :)

+1

what about adding a little display for /uptime?

As discussed earlier in this thread, Wurm offers no API for accessing server status information. Thus, unfortunately the program has no way to determine the server status or issue "/" commands. (If this was possible it would be very easy to determine the actual in-game time ;) )

oh, sorry was lazy watching programming tutorial.

thought it would mabye be possible if i d add /uptime to that autoexec thing, but then i d see it anyways.

nevermind then

Update v1.24

Removed the highlighted season symbol, as there is no algorithm to determine the current season. (Please see the discussion in this thread.)

Update v1.25

Made some minor corrections to the harvest seasons

Update v1.26

Fixed an error in synchronization with local log files

We appreciate your efforts to keep improving his wonderful app..

I have been trying to get the clock to Sync up with for past 24 hours.

Saw your post and a new version, so Downloaded and ran v1.26 and relogged onto Wurm... and did an F6 to get a current Wurm Time in my log...

Then I did the Sync button.... but it did not work.... the App is still 3 hours ahead of the actual Wurm time that F6 shows.

Does it matter where we unzip and run the App from in our Sub Directory (Sub Folder) structure?

Just thought you should know. Up until yesterday my old v1.1 was working perfectly.

Kindest regards! HughMongus

Hi Hugh,

yes, I had the same problem yesterday and immediately went on a bug hunt :) The main reason why this didn't happen before is that the remote synchronization server provided by ago used to be updated several times a day. At the moment, however, the server timestamp hasn't been updated for 3 days, so the clock depends solely on the local log files. And this is where I actually found the bug, which has now been fixed.

It turns out that the logfiles are not updated immediately after pressing F6, so you should wait a couple of minutes before trying to do a manual synchronization. Everything should work fine if you:

- press F6 while in game

- wait a couple of minutes

- select "Synchronize Clock" from the context menu.

And: no, it doesn't matter which folder the program is copied to.

Cheers

Yaga

Yeah, i am out of town for a few days. I'll be back on friday and login from home.

Edit: i just logged in remotly so it should be in sync again until rolf restarts the servers again

Edited by ago

Wow the work is great on this guys, hope the kinks get worked out. Any way you can eventually develop a android app? I understand that would require that time is not derived from a client. My suggestion for this is that the user imputes the current time from the time stamp and the app continues the sequence of time which will give the wurmian a sense of time while afk. Just an idear thanks:P

Exceedingly cool :D

Thank you much for this!

Love the customization!

Ah just what I'm looking for. :)

I will be trying it out tonight, I was looking for something to tell me the current harvest season automatically.

Any chance for a feature to resize? I run a high rez monitor and its hard to read the harvests. I also have dual monitors and one of them is widescreen so I have PLENTY of desktop space. Be nice to run it nice and big on the second monitor... :D Heck. I might make it the whole monitor and have it be an night clock so I can check wurmtime from my bed :D

thanks ;) this is really useful, specially the harvesting part :D

• Like 1

Any chance for a feature to resize? I run a high rez monitor and its hard to read the harvests. I also have dual monitors and one of them is widescreen so I have PLENTY of desktop space. Be nice to run it nice and big on the second monitor... :D Heck. I might make it the whole monitor and have it be an night clock so I can check wurmtime from my bed :D

Hey Yaga,

when working on my skin I really missed the possibilty to change the size and typo of the harvest and date infos :P

If I give you a break from doing your chores for me ;) can you add this to the WurmClock?

Would love it.