Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmclock: Desktop App Showing Current Wurm Time, Date and Season

Now give us the option for custom skins ;)

I'm working on that! Please check this thread regularly :)

+1

Aww, it's somehow so cute and practical at the same time. Love it. n.n!

Update: Version 1.10

As requested by several users, WurmClock now supports:

User Skins

If you don't like the look of WurmClock you can use your own images for the clock face and the clock hand. The combination of a face image and a hand image is called a "skin". To load your own skin, right-click the clock, and select "Load user skin".

IMPORTANT: When creating your own images, you MUST stick to the following rules:

• The images must be square, i. e. image width and height must be the same

• The image size must not exceed 250 x 250 pixels

• The images must be saved as PNG files (Portable Network Graphics), to allow for a transparent background

• The clock hand must have its origin at the center of the image and must point upwards.

Use this feature at your own risk!

Absolutely love this clock! It's nice to know if I'm going to be logging in to night time, or what harvests are ready for me to collect. Fantastic job, plus it just looks so cute.

Thank you very much, Stargrace (and everybody else), for your kind words. I'm happy that you like the clock; your feedback is greatly appreciated.

First visit to the forums and I find this amazing Wurm Clock app.

Just what the Doctor ordered.  It is great!  :)

Thank you for taking the time to creat such a helpful tool!

Cheers! Hugh  8)

(and before someone asks, I named my avatar for the bad guy leader from an old 1985 Mel Gibson classic Aussie film, Mad Max II (aka The Road Warrior).

Hrm noticed a slight problem with the glass face. Its mostly transparent. If the desktop is using a dark background, most of the image is unreadable.

Hrm noticed a slight problem with the glass face. Its mostly transparent. If the desktop is using a dark background, most of the image is unreadable.

True! However, as you said, this is due to the fact that the face is transparent :) . You know that you can always change the image to your liking? I suggest to adjust the color/brightness of the clock elements a bit so that they match your particular desktop background.

True! However, as you said, this is due to the fact that the face is transparent :) . You know that you can always change the image to your liking? I suggest to adjust the color/brightness of the clock elements a bit so that they match your particular desktop background.

Oh yeah  8)

Hi Yaga,

About the Wurm maintanence issue, Would it be possible for have an option where it can connect to your event logs and have it search for the wurm time. So when you type /time in wurm - the clock would pickup the time and resync itself manually.

Edit: it would auto update every time folks login if "/say /time" was put into peoples startups (assuming the clock is ran before Wurm)

Hi Yaga,

About the Wurm maintanence issue, Would it be possible for have an option where it can connect to your event logs and have it search for the wurm time. So when you type /time in wurm - the clock would pickup the time and resync itself manually.

Very good idea - I'll look into it!

perhaps if u had an alt that was constantly connected to the server, u could use that as your timechecker. Then when the alt gets disconnected, its no longer updating the time so u could probably code the clock to notice when time hasnt been updated for a while and freeze the clock. If the alt automatically attempts to reconnect to the server, it will start transmitting the time again once servers are back up. Bit of a cumbersome way to do it, but it could work. Btw be careful not to strain the login server with constant reconnect attempts or it might cause problems lol.

General theme is: Keep it light.  Having an alt logged in all the time is stressful for the server, the person manning the alt, and the user.  If that alt is slow to get on, then you lose your clock.

Have it compare system time against timestamps.  Click "manual update", preferably with the ability to read directly off clipboard without needing you to paste it.  Then compare that timestamp against system time to get it exact.  For instance, if the timestamp is 1:40:36 and the system time (ie, your desktop computer) is 1:42:47 then the clock could recognize "It's 2 minutes and 11 seconds past that time".  So it would figure out the slight time variation involved and update to perfect time.

If your clock is ever off, then you F6, copy line, open clock, "Update time" and it would figure the correct time.  Importantly, this means that the whole thing is put on the user's computer.  There is no server that can fail and suddenly everyone's clock stops.  It's a very solid design that has no reliance on outside machines.

u could also check the time and season by doing that  :-\

also having rethought, u might just as easily get the server status from the website hehe :)

If your clock is ever off, then you F6, copy line, open clock, "Update time" and it would figure the correct time.

Even better: the program can read the last time stamp directly from your logfiles (no need to copy to clipboard) - and you can put a "say /time" in your autorun.txt to automatically get a timestamp when you log on. I'll try to add this feature as an additional means to synchronize time - however, the current mechanism (web synchronization via Ago's server) is still necessary to ensure that the clock is correct even if the user hasn't played for several hours/days or forgot to press F6.

Please keep in mind: this little app actually was supposed to be an "offline" clock - to see the Wurm time when NOT playing. Requiring the user to run Wurm in order to synchronize the clock seems kind of ... paradoxal ;)

(But it will be a nice little improvement...)

Awesome! Now incorporate a timer for prayer/meditation and this will be perfect.

Update v 1.11

Current season (winter) should be displayed correctly now.