Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmclock: Desktop App Showing Current Wurm Time, Date and Season

It's all in the manual. Also has been discussed several times in this thread. 

You find the manual in the pdf file that comes with WurmClock; also mentioned and linked in the OP. 

On 10/22/2017 at 10:18 AM, Yaga said:

Thanks for your error report. Actually I can reproduce this error; it seems the WU server now exclusively locks the file stats.xml, so that WurmClock is unable to access it as long as the server is running.

I will try to speak with the Wurm devs about this, and hopefully we will find a solution. In the meantime I'm afraid WurmClock cannot be used with local servers. :(

Hello, has there been any progress or resolution to this issue?  Thanks!

The problem seems to have been solved for many WU servers - it apparently is a matter of how the stats.xml file is hosted. Sadly, there is nothing I can do about it.

No worries.  Appreciate the possibility of using it.

Would anyone in the chat be able to explain what that means?  "how the stats.xml file is hosted"?  Maybe there is something I can do on my end to resolve if I was able to understand a little better.  Thanks!

thank you for the two apps i downloaded from you i feel that wurmclock will be very helpful and knowing the server status is a no brainer

• Like 1

I followed your installation instructions and changing settings to work off my Local Server however it is still not working.  I have tried multiple different ways of writing the file line needed.

[Wurm Server]
ServerUrl=file:///G:/Games/steamapps/common/WurmUnlimited/WurmServerLauncher/stats.xml
LocalServer=1

The above is how I current have it typed out.  I have also tried the following:

[Wurm Server]
ServerUrl=file:\\\G:\Games\steamapps\common\WurmUnlimited\WurmServerLauncher\stats.xml
LocalServer=1

[Wurm Server]
ServerUrl="file:///G:/Games/steamapps/common/WurmUnlimited/WurmServerLauncher/stats.xml"
LocalServer=1

[Wurm Server]
ServerUrl="file:\\\G:\Games\steamapps\common\WurmUnlimited\WurmServerLauncher\stats.xml"
LocalServer=1

[Wurm Server]
ServerUrl=file:\\\G:\\Games\\steamapps\\common\\WurmUnlimited\\WurmServerLauncher\\stats.xml
LocalServer=1

[Wurm Server]
ServerUrl=file:///G://Games//steamapps//common//WurmUnlimited//WurmServerLauncher//stats.xml
LocalServer=1

I have also tried it with a space after the = (eg ServerUrl= file:///G:/Games/steamapps/common/WurmUnlimited/WurmServerLauncher/stats.xml) because that's how it's shown in the PDF.

I have also tried it with LocalServer=0 and LocalServer=true (instead of 1).  If I leave it as default it works fin but it's not showing for a server I am playing on so everything is wrong.  Any other suggestions on how to get it working on a local server (I also had originally a space in between WurmUnlimted (Like Wurm Unlimited) but I moved my server into a new folder with no spaces as a just in case that was messing it up.

Edited by Greystar

I'm currently on a vacation, away from my computer. 

I'll check after I return (in a few days) - please stand by. 

29 minutes ago, Yaga said:

I'm currently on a vacation, away from my computer. 

I'll check after I return (in a few days) - please stand by. 

Thanks, it's appreciated.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:50 AM, Greystar said:

[Wurm Server]
ServerUrl=file:///G:/Games/steamapps/common/WurmUnlimited/WurmServerLauncher/stats.xml
LocalServer=1

This syntax should be correct, however I notice three things that might be wrong.

a) Please check the folder of your Steam installation. If Steam is installed to "G:/Games/Steam", your line should read:

ServerUrl=file:///G:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/WurmUnlimited/WurmServerLauncher/stats.xml

b) Make sure your WU folder is really called "WurmUnlimited", and not "Wurm Unlimited" (with a blank space between the two words). If there is a space there, the line must read like this:

.........  steam/steamapps/common/Wurm%20Unlimited/WurmServerLauncher/stats.html

c) As far as I remember (it has been a long, long time ;)) I always used a decicated WU server for my local games, so my stats.xml file was in:

........  steamApps/common/Wurm_Unlimited_Dedicated_Server/stats.xml

Not sure if yours really is in "WurmServerLauncher".

Best way to find out is: Run your server and find the version of stats.xml that has been changed most recently. Just search for all files of the name "stats.*" under your Steam folder. When you have identified the most current one, go to the folder it is in, right click the file "stats.xml" and open it with your browser. The URL line should then show you the correct link syntax.

6 hours ago, Yaga said:

This syntax should be correct, however I notice three things that might be wrong.

a) Please check the folder of your Steam installation. If Steam is installed to "G:/Games/Steam", your line should read:

ServerUrl=file:///G:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/WurmUnlimited/WurmServerLauncher/stats.xml

b) Make sure your WU folder is really called "WurmUnlimited", and not "Wurm Unlimited" (with a blank space between the two words). If there is a space there, the line must read like this:

.........  steam/steamapps/common/Wurm%20Unlimited/WurmServerLauncher/stats.html

c) As far as I remember (it has been a long, long time ;)) I always used a decicated WU server for my local games, so my stats.xml file was in:

........  steamApps/common/Wurm_Unlimited_Dedicated_Server/stats.xml

Not sure if yours really is in "WurmServerLauncher".

Best way to find out is: Run your server and find the version of stats.xml that has been changed most recently. Just search for all files of the name "stats.*" under your Steam folder. When you have identified the most current one, go to the folder it is in, right click the file "stats.xml" and open it with your browser. The URL line should then show you the correct link syntax.

It is in WurmServerLauncher that's where it's at if you are not running off a dedicated server (separate download from steam), this is the one that comes with the default client download.  Also I know the directory is correct and that stats.xml and stats.html are in that folder.  I do NOT have them install in the Steam folder I have my libraries installed separately from steam as some games run better on an SSD instead of an HD.  So my directory structure is also correct.  I can if you like take a screenshot of the directory structure AND the config file to see if you can see anything I'm doing wrong.

https://imgur.com/a/syfwYM1  <--- Link to images as it wouldn't let me do my dropbox to show  link for some reason.

Edited by Greystar

So, I tested this with my local copy of WU. My xml status file is in:

"G:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\stats.xml"

and my WurmClock3.ini line looks like this:

[Wurm Server]
ServerUrl=file:///G:/Spiele/Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm%20Unlimited/WurmServerLauncher/stats.xml
LocalServer=1

With these settings WurmClock runs fine and shows the "current" time (using the last info in stats.xml) - when the game is not running.

However, WurmClock cannot open the stats file while the game is running, and it therefore displays an error message!

I remember the same problem was reported before for some of the WU servers out there - and I was never able to solve it. Apparently the latest versions of WU open the stats file exclusively, so WurmClock is not able to open it for reading.

I'll try to find a fix for this - but in the meantime I'm afraid WurmClock is only working for Wurm Online (as originally intended). :(

5 hours ago, Yaga said:

So, I tested this with my local copy of WU. My xml status file is in:

"G:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\stats.xml"

and my WurmClock3.ini line looks like this:

[Wurm Server]
ServerUrl=file:///G:/Spiele/Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm%20Unlimited/WurmServerLauncher/stats.xml
LocalServer=1

With these settings WurmClock runs fine and shows the "current" time (using the last info in stats.xml) - when the game is not running.

However, WurmClock cannot open the stats file while the game is running, and it therefore displays an error message!

I remember the same problem was reported before for some of the WU servers out there - and I was never able to solve it. Apparently the latest versions of WU open the stats file exclusively, so WurmClock is not able to open it for reading.

I'll try to find a fix for this - but in the meantime I'm afraid WurmClock is only working for Wurm Online (as originally intended). :(

Ah okay, so that's why it was reporting an Error no matter what I was doing. I hope you can find a fix for it for those of us who'd love to use your app for WURM Unlimited as well as those who use it for WURM Online.

Can you please post the sha256 hash of the original WurmClock3.exe? 

1 hour ago, Razum said:

Can you please post the sha256 hash of the original WurmClock3.exe? 

Latest version (V 3.4.2):  WurmClock3.exe;F5DB860DAF5D1B2B3E45C11842E8A3F81281CE5F709E7D377D0B7BF45AE3D0BC

On 7/23/2016 at 5:03 PM, Farogan said:

Made two smaller Skins based on the default ones.

Extra Small ( 222x222 px ) - Download

NTj8DNW.png

51SJRRV.png

Extra Extra Small ( 100x100 px ) - Download

eCArmkf.png

KO4vwi7.png

Updated the links in my old Post

• Like 1

Is there a non zip version for this? My PC is having trouble with zipped files and I cant figure out why.

6 hours ago, PlagueDoctor said:

My PC is having trouble with zipped files

That is strange. Which OS are you running?

On windows you can also use 3rd party programs like Winzip or 7-zip to open the zip file.

On 2/5/2019 at 10:10 AM, Yaga said:

No, it is a Windows Desktop application.

What a shame that it does not work for those of us with Linux  :(

And there are quite a few of us now.

1 hour ago, Baloo said:

What a shame that it does not work for those of us with Linux

Yes, it's sad that .NET framework programs developed with Visual Studio do not run on other platforms. Maybe one day... :)

In the meantime you may want to try running it in a windows emulator on Linux.