Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmclock: Desktop App Showing Current Wurm Time, Date and Season

Thanks for your error report. Actually I can reproduce this error; it seems the WU server now exclusively locks the file stats.xml, so that WurmClock is unable to access it as long as the server is running.

I will try to speak with the Wurm devs about this, and hopefully we will find a solution. In the meantime I'm afraid WurmClock cannot be used with local servers. :(

• Like 2

On 10/22/2017 at 9:18 AM, Yaga said:

Thanks for your error report. Actually I can reproduce this error; it seems the WU server now exclusively locks the file stats.xml, so that WurmClock is unable to access it as long as the server is running.

I will try to speak with the Wurm devs about this, and hopefully we will find a solution. In the meantime I'm afraid WurmClock cannot be used with local servers. :(

Considering the quality of service you provide, and free at that, I hope you find receptive devs able to help you out.

I'd bet a rare coin you will ;)

Thanks again for a great product!

• Like 1

On 22.10.2017 at 4:18 PM, Yaga said:

Thank you :)

Just a heads up; Since the app now attaches to the task bar at the bottom of windows 10, windows defender picks it up as a security threat.

Just making you aware.

Users on my server do not want to use it now.

Thanks.

On 12/15/2016 at 10:05 AM, Yaga said:

Yes. It is described on page 7 of the manual:

Hello, I use bluefang as a server host and they said this needs the stats.xml file to be publically hosted on a web-server, which it is not right now, so the clock won't work for my server.

Is this correct in order to get the info? or not ? 

Any suggestions on how to tell them how to get the information for me? 

Thank you.

Yes, the information is correct. The file stats.xml is publicly available on WO servers (that's what WurmClock originally was made for), and to be able to access the file it must be publicly available on WU servers too. Some/many hosters have done so - the last info I got was from Citadel servers. I will send you some personal contact info via PM.

• Like 1

This clock is awesome. I logged on the other day wondering where the snow had gone, thinking to myself "winter just started!". I downloaded your clock and it makes everything much easier to visualize. Thanks for the fantastic work! (I really had no clue winter was so short/summer was so long. )

• Like 1

Great little tool. I was wondering tho.

Is there a way to change the growing times/date/seasons?  I play on a unlimited server and the dates are of course differnt.  I have it synced up with time so that good tho.

Server is useing a mod so you can do  /seasons and see the time left to each season, so like a option to manualy imput the time untill a certain tree/fruit/whatever and it would change the calander to reflect that?

Like right now if i look at at my almanac report i see

The default harvest season is in 8 months, 1 week, 3 days. This is only approximate as it can be plus or minus 2 weeks from that date. 

With the /seasons  command i see,

[03:36:57] Blueberry will be in season in 29 days, 3 hours and 24 minutes

Or is that beyond the scope of this?

It is rather nice being able to look over at a 2nd monitor tho and being able to see a clock to see how long untill its nighttime or day tho. Love that.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Thrandisher said:

I play on a unlimited server and the dates are of course differnt. 

This would be very unusual. The harvest seasons are defined in WU code, so should be the same (relative to the Wurm calendar) on every WU server (unless deliberately changed by a server mod).

4 hours ago, Thrandisher said:

[03:36:57] Blueberry will be in season in 29 days, 3 hours and 24 minutes

I suppose we  have a misunderstanding here. The "/seasons" mod your are using is probably showing the "real" time, while the almanac gives you in-game (Wurm) time. One Wurm year corresponds to 42 day in real life (1 Wurm month = 3.5 real days), so "8 months, 1 week, 3 days " (Wurm time) is consistent with "29 days, 3 hours and 24 minutes" (real time), taking into account that the harvest season can be 2 Wurm weeks off.

Thus all is good - no manual correction needed :)

I guess then i am confused then with the Calendar part then. 

for the last 5, maybe 6 real life days, there has been alot of things in season, like currently Lingonberry is in season.  Looking at the Calendar part, everything looks like its off a month.

vOeoEhD.png

That is what is showing up on it right now.

[08:39:17] It is 11:29:43 on day of Sleep in week 4 of the starfall of Omens in the year of 999.

[08:42:19] Lingonberry is in season

I guess that is what im confused on. With lingonberry is in season to harvest, the month in game, and with what it shows on the calendar part.

EDIT: I should say, i know weeks can be +/- for harvest, and why i originally posted was if there was a way to offset it for the upcoming year since i know via the mod when exactly it will be time, to help plan ahead.

Edited by Thrandisher

48 minutes ago, Thrandisher said:

I guess that is what im confused on. With lingonberry is in season to harvest, the month in game, and with what it shows on the calendar part.

As stated in Wurmpedia: " So a harvest season can begin up to 2 weeks early and also can end up to 6 weeks late, relative to the "default week" as shown in the calendar. " (https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Calendar#Wurm_calendar_system).

So, lingonberries can well be ripe in week 4 of Omen.

51 minutes ago, Thrandisher said:

if there was a way to offset it for the upcoming year since i know via the mod when exactly it will be...

Sorry, there is no such feature. (Sadly, I will not be able to add new features allowing for all the many WU mods out there. That "/season" mod already renders the almanac obsolete and takes away a lot of game immersion.)

Seems like the small and very small skins links are not found.

Is there an updated download for these by chance?

Those 2 skins are not part of the program package. They are player made skins, created by Farogan:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/61451-wurmclock-desktop-app-showing-current-wurm-time-date-and-season/&do=findComment&comment=1474036

Apparently the download links he gave us are not working anymore. Here is an alternate location (I hope the creator does not mind):

WurmClock 3rd party skins

• Like 1

The links are not working anymore since dropbox removed the public folder feature. Thanks Yaga for the reupload.

Great program!

I'm not sure if this has been reported but about once a day, the app will crash due to an XML error. I presume the source URL returns an error or times out. Can you guys put a try/catch around the call to prevent this?

Screenshot:

6feeb977e0f19f1b4b0b7bcabace6843.png

Thanks!

Thanks for the report. I will look into it.

Running 1.8.0.3 and found that this clock does NOT keep the same time as my server.  How do I sync it?  I tried to sync it using the sync option but nothing happens.  Does it update to 1.8.0.3?

16 hours ago, solarus225 said:

Running 1.8.0.3 and found that this clock does NOT keep the same time as my server.  How do I sync it?  I tried to sync it using the sync option but nothing happens.  Does it update to 1.8.0.3?

I see you are using WurmClock with Wurm Unlimited. The original purpose of WC is to show the time of the offiicial Wurm Online servers.

In order to use it with a WU server you must apply some changes to the file Wurmclock3.ini, as described in the manual:9wW2Jb1.png

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:27 AM, ONWRD said:

Great program!

I'm not sure if this has been reported but about once a day, the app will crash due to an XML error. I presume the source URL returns an error or times out. Can you guys put a try/catch around the call to prevent this?

Screenshot:

6feeb977e0f19f1b4b0b7bcabace6843.png

Thanks!

Same here:

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at ThDg\\6M8oT\&\[=)c8{L;D6SMC$.‬‏‪‏‫‬‌‌‌‍‎‭‮‫‪‏‎‪‫‭‪‏‬‎‮()
   at ThDg\\6M8oT\&\[=)c8{L;D6SMC$.‬‏‏‮‮‍‪‎‫‍‏‏‍‭‌‪‏‌‪‮‪‮()
   at ThDg\\6M8oT\&\[=)c8{L;D6SMC$.‫‍‪‏‌‮‏‌‍‏‎‌‍‍‎‎‭‭‍‭‮(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WurmClock3
    Assembly Version: 3.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/yurge/Downloads/WurmClock330/WurmClock3.exe
mvlPtQPFfpSBIRnrHDvvslZfLLAj
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/yurge/Downloads/WurmClock330/WurmClock3.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

It happened right after:

[23:28:43] It is 00:47:33 on Wrath day in week 1 of the starfall of Omens in the year of 1078.

I have a feeling, that this maybe related :) But no crush happened, clock is still working.

P.S. great tool, keep it up, Yaga :) thanks.

Thank you very much. Apparently this happens occasionally when trying to parse the server status xml file.

I'll try to find the issue and fix the bug - hopefully with the next regular update.

• Like 1

Well, if this is not an issue related to change of seasons (as I thought), I would suggest just to catch an error (as was already offered before) and keep querying the server until valid data is received (it's a simple check, no? is XML valid or not. if not - let's repeat and wait for the valid one). without falling down into windows exceptions. Maybe some sort of indication on the clock could be useful for the most curious guys, like an additional icon with mouseover tip: "Thank you, Oracle, for keeping us busy". just to indicate to the user that something is not right. but system error messages - not a good style anyway. Program must detect errors itself. and handle this errors, without scaring beautiful ladies with system messages (i'm not talking here about ugly guys, 'cause basically, we're just admiring system messages). Just a thoughts ;) 

• Like 1

I've used this tool in the Online version of Wurm previously and it's bloody brilliant.

I'm, now running a WU server however and for the life of me cannot get it configured to work. The server is hosted on a PC within my network with the stats.xml file accessible via a web server. I have tried setting the ini to use a mapped network location and the local server flag set to '1' and I get this:

LsdJtE4.png

If I set the Url to the actual web address of the xml with the local  server flat set to '1', I get this:

DDuLs6u.png

If I set the Url to the web address with the local server flag set to '0', I get this:

RDbWmov.png

The above message is also what one of my other players gets from his external connection.

I had it working earlier today from my work laptop using the web Url and local server flag as '0' but now it doesn't seem to work under any circumstances. I'm sure I'm doing something simple wrong but I can't work out what.

Edited by Nesox

I am sorry about the problems you are having. It seems the way WU servers handle the stats.xml file has been changed since I made WurmClock available for Wurm Unlimited. (I heard this before, and there seems to be nothing I can do, sadly.)

I suppose that the WU server now exclusively locks stats.xml, so 3rd party tools are not able to access it directly. I know some WU server hosts have found a workaround by continuously mirroring that file to another location which is publicly accessible.

If you scroll up a bit, there was a post by "Piperpaws" who seemed to have a similar problem. Maybe you want to contact them to ask if they found a way to solve this.

You may also want to contact forum user "Wulfrock" (https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/profile/68655-wulfrock/) who had a similar problem with their host. As far as I know they got it solved in the end.

No need to apologise mate, appreciate the reply! I hadn't thought of mirroring the file directly, I've just used a symlink at the moment so I'll have a look at the other post you mention and see if I can work around it. Here's hoping since it's such a damned useful tool :D

Edited by Nesox