Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmclock: Desktop App Showing Current Wurm Time, Date and Season

I thought it would be a good idea to uninstall my current version of WurmClock before I install the new version. I'm not very good with software, and I haven't been able to find a way to uninstall it. So what I'd like to know is: do I need to uninstall first, and if so, how?

WurmClock is pretty awesome, by the way! Thanks!

2 hours ago, Alendhor said:

I thought it would be a good idea to uninstall my current version of WurmClock before I install the new version. I'm not very good with software, and I haven't been able to find a way to uninstall it. So what I'd like to know is: do I need to uninstall first, and if so, how?

WurmClock is pretty awesome, by the way! Thanks!

Usually there is no need to "uninstall" an older version - unless your version is VERY old and you want to make sure to start fresh.

WurmClock is not really "installed" (or "uninstalled"). You just unpack the zip file in a folder and run the program from there. Nothing is stored elsewhere, keeping your computer nice and tidy. So you can just unpack the new version from the zip file to the folder where your older version is - overwriting existing files. If you ever want to get rid of WurmClock (but why should you? ;) ) you can just delete the program folder. Voilà!

• Like 1

I would so love to use this clock - is it available for Linux / Lubuntu users?

10 minutes ago, Baloo said:

I would so love to use this clock - is it available for Linux / Lubuntu users?

Not really, this is a .NET application. It should run on Wine if you are determined enough, though.

New version:

25-May-2017: Version 3.2.1 (Harvest season for blueberries changed; Changed harvest info, considering longer harvest times, now lasting up to 4 weeks)

• Like 1

You are fast! This latest update was released even before the Wurm patch went online! :)

Thanks for an awesome tool.

• Like 1

Minor update:

28-May-2017: Version 3.2.2 (Minor update: info box resized to allow for more harvest seasons)

Something have happend last day's

clock wont open no more ./

8 minutes ago, Maiya said:

Something have happend last day's

clock wont open no more ./

working now 

it wasnt open up on screen,  only hiding down right near comp clock 

after closing it there it open up right :)

Edited by Maiya
  • Like 1

On 28/05/2017 at 3:33 PM, Yaga said:

Minor update:

28-May-2017: Version 3.2.2 (Minor update: info box resized to allow for more harvest seasons)

Can you expand the info box a bit more, or make it resizeable.

I can see all the possible harvests today but there isnt any room for the Wind info.

54 minutes ago, Chulirac said:

Can you expand the info box a bit more, or make it resizeable.

I can see all the possible harvests today but there isnt any room for the Wind info.

Sure. I'll check and will try to make it "auto-sizeable", so its  size will adapt to the amount of information to be displayed. 

Edited by Yaga

Another update:

01-Jun-2017: version 3.2.3 (Info box will now automatically resize, relating to the amount of information displayed)

• Like 2

Here is an important notice about harvest seasons:

There apparently was an unforeseen side effect with one of the latest Wurm Online updates, as stated in today's patch notes (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/154642-patch-notes-1jun17/):

Harvest seasons which were changed in the last update may still be harvestable during their old season until that is finished and will then follow the changed season harvest.

This means, that the harvest info currently displayed in WurmClock's info box and the calendar is not correct until this Wurm year is over (in about 10 days from now). After that the info will be correct.

In the meantime, you can use the old calendar for the upcoming harvest seasons (hazelnut, lemon, orange and chestnut):

lqYXeDJ.png

Sorry about this minor inconvenience - this was beyond my control.

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Yaga said:

Another update:

01-Jun-2017: version 3.2.3 (Info box will now automatically resize, relating to the amount of information displayed)

TY :)

• Like 2

A new version (V 3.3.0) was released today with the following changes:

• WurmClock's taskbar icon now displays basic date and time info when you move the mouse pointer over it.
  • A new mechanism was added which allows to count the number of program users. (No personal data is sent - the program just creates a unique number in the registry to identify the installation).
  • Some minor "cosmetic" changes were made.
  • The manual (https://dl.dropbox.com/s/aocpk0h2yfvbb4d/WurmClock3 Manual.pdf) was updated.

A big "thank you" to Substr, who helped me with setting up the software metrics web server!

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 1

Launched the clock this morning and got to thinking it's been a while since I posted how awesome this app is.

Great updates and additions over the years, I use the info box a lot!

Just another "well done" and big thank you to Yaga :)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Launched the clock this morning and got to thinking it's been a while since I posted how awesome this app is.

Great updates and additions over the years, I use the info box a lot!

Just another "well done" and big thank you to Yaga :)

Thank you!

• Like 1

Hey @YagaI used to use this all the time when I played WO I think since you first came out with it.

Do you think you'd ever consider a version where you can manually input the XML path (or store multiple ones) so this could be used on WU servers as well? My apologizes if this was ever brought up previously I only went back a few pages.

EDIT: Nevermind for the life of me I didn't see the ini file where you could change the value. DOH! Having the ability to specify multiples and toggle between them could be pretty awesome.

Edited by LifesaverM
I'm a dork

52 minutes ago, LifesaverM said:

Hey @YagaI used to use this all the time when I played WO I think since you first came out with it.

Do you think you'd ever consider a version where you can manually input the XML path (or store multiple ones) so this could be used on WU servers as well? My apologizes if this was ever brought up previously I only went back a few pages.

EDIT: Nevermind for the life of me I didn't see the ini file where you could change the value. DOH! Having the ability to specify multiples and toggle between them could be pretty awesome.

Yes, the ini file lets you choose the server and the xml file. BTW, it's all extensively described in the manual: WurmClock3 Manual.pdf  :P

As for multiple servers: I simply solve this by having several copies of WurmClock (in different folders), so you can have different ini files.

I try to use this App with Wurm Unlimited and a local dedicated server and I can't get it to run.

If i modify the ini and change the path like you say in your manual the clock can't find the file at all. If I open the stats.html with chrome, copy the url and paste it into the ini I get the message that the clock does not support html any more and the app changes the ini to xml (no other changes). The clock then can find the file with a path like this: file:///D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Wurm%20Unlimited%20Dedicated%20Server/stats.xml

But when I now start the clock I get the error message that the file can't be accessed because it is already in use.

My OS is Windows 10, if it matters.

Any way to solve this, please?