Sign in to follow this  
Sevoflurane

Give Libila Priests Locate Soul

-1 you're libila and have different buffs and perks, as well as different limitations.  the gods are more balanced now than they ever were.  Magic itself may not be, but the gods are.

it sounds like a problem with locate soul itself and in this case it may need a tweak.  when used properly it can be very strong.

inb4 Mongols troll... ow nevermind! :)

No one's trolling, but if I make a thread now saying that I think Drain Health is overpowered, and we should give it to Magranon, are you going to agree?

I would guess you wouldn't, the same applies here.  The basic simplest version of this suggestion is just taking a spell from WL and giving to BL.  Should we all just make threads now about spells we want for our Gods?

I think your reasoning makes sense. The gods should have their unique good spells. We wouldn't want you guys suddenly to be able to cast Rotting Touch either.

But the thing however is that most of these spells have a WL variant. They're not the same, but they're similar, like how there is a RT libila enchant, but there's also a FB for vynora and FA for magranon which are definitely not the same, but are somewhat comparable.

Locate soul is one of those spells that absolutely does not have any similar spells like it (maybe arguably lurker in the dark) and is pretty damn useful, which is why BL is interested in that spell (same story for Truehit on weapons). But then again we also have unique spells like drain health/stamina, so it's kinda hard to say what would be balanced.

So I think it might just be better if we go with your previous suggestion of increasing the favor cost and have it have a long cast timer so it can't be spammed endlessly to find people.

Make it so White lighters can only locate Black lighters and Black lighters can only locate White lighters. Problem solved?

It will only locate (give direction not distance) of the nearest type depending on your light.

to make sure people can still find their corpse (especially freedomers) make a locate corpse (add name here).

which all religions will get if not WL/BL make it sense enemy.

I think we all feel locate soul is a bit OP. reduce the favor cost to like 10 so while hunting you can sense if enemies are around.

Make it so White lighters can only locate Black lighters and Black lighters can only locate White lighters. Problem solved?

It will only locate (give direction not distance) of the nearest type depending on your light.

to make sure people can still find their corpse (especially freedomers) make a locate corpse (add name here).

That's kinda unfair because BL would be able to locate all their enemies (JK/MR/Mongols), while a WL kingdom like mongols would only be able to locate BL (and not JK/MR)

That's kinda unfair because BL would be able to locate all their enemies (JK/MR/Mongols), while a WL kingdom like mongols would only be able to locate BL (and not JK/MR)

I edited my post some while you were posting with optional ideas and your probably right, so sense enemy might be a better option.

While still keeping No locate on items relative.

This will reduce the cyber bullying of I dislike this person, where are they? so we can go zerg them.

I'd like to reduce the range also, something like how powerful the cast is the further it will sense.

5 tiles per 1 power of cast max 500 tiles.

-1 to this. If a spell is genuinely overpowered the fix is a nerf, not a "we'll have it too thankyou very much."

Genuinely overpowered means that it is changing the course of battles every single time it's used... Orb of Doom for example. If locate soul is that much of a problem then a nerf is justified.

On a side note

Your whole god system is messed up in wurm anyway.  Maybe it is time to start looking at it in a different light.

Just because you want us to be pagan... witch!

Big +1

It always seemed ridiculous vynora had locate soul anyway, it should have been a mag spell as he is the hunter/fighter.

As such Lib is his opposite she should have it also.

Big +1

It always seemed ridiculous vynora had locate soul anyway, it should have been a mag spell as he is the hunter/fighter.

As such Lib is his opposite she should have it also.

Wow.

If you really need locate soul to pvp in any way you are doing something wrong.

Firstly BL requested CoC/WoA, so they were given BoTD. 

Then KellyT wanted Truehit able to be casted on weapons.

Then some BL wanted an AoE, they were given a Fungus Trap buff.

Stop trying to make Libila into all 3 WL Gods.  We need to have differences.  Making everyone share the same spells is nonsense, I understand the advantage of Locate Soul - but you do not see WLers wanting BL spells like Drain Health and Drain Stamina.  Huge -1.  Keep Gods different, keep spells different, it adds much more variety.  The concept and argument of "They have it, we don't... so we need it" isn't a fair justification for a spell at all. 

Wasn't this the whole point of Nolocate jewelry?  A spell BL can easily cast?

I agree they are different for a reason I see no need to mix all three gods for one side.

Though If you want to give vyn no locate!! ;)

No locate is simply not good enough to prevent yourself from being found.

No locate cast on a person means you're 100% safe from being located as long as the cast lasts (power in minutes, meaning that for only 30 favor you can be protected up to over an hour and a half) . One god has the spell, another one has the counterspell.

Give Libila a spell that tells the caster if there is anyone on Mycelium, and if yes, general direction of them. Area 'scanned' would be dependent on power of the cast.

No locate cast on a person means you're 100% safe from being located as long as the cast lasts (power in minutes, meaning that for only 30 favor you can be protected up to over an hour and a half) . One god has the spell, another one has the counterspell.

I always thought casting nolocate on yourself only had a % chance to stop you from being located, that % based on the power of the nolocate. I just tried it out on Test, and even if the other person has 1 power nolocate, I can't locate him anymore until the timer runs out.

That kinda changes a lot for me, because I thought you'd need a very high nolocate cast for it to actually be of any use.

Higher nolocate cast on self increases the duration of the cast.

didnt realise nolocate gave 100% protection, perhaps libila does not need locate soul, but maybe reduce the favor cost of nolocate to maybe 5-10 favor? allows priests to protect their groups, as 15 favor takes awhile to regenerate

didnt realise nolocate gave 100% protection, perhaps libila does not need locate soul, but maybe reduce the favor cost of nolocate to maybe 5-10 favor? allows priests to protect their groups, as 15 favor takes awhile to regenerate

Yeah and because vyn only gets one coc or woa at a time could you lower the Favor costs for that too?? ;)  Comon be glad its only 15 favor.

15 favor is fair. It costs us 20 favor to get a location on someone and that information is only as good as long as that person stays on that tile until the next cast can be done. Someone can move a lot of tiles in the time it takes to build up 20 favor. It's perfectly balanced IMO.

Rings are just a permanent solution, but nolocate (when casted on a person) is 100% protection, you can't be located at all. 

Dont see why not - I said they should have it even when Lib was on wild.

Although a different form of the spell might be needed.

+1

Don't forget Libila can woodcut AND mine, should WL priests be able to do more stuff maybe?

Obviously with there being 3 WL gods the single BL god could never have all spells without being over powered. Each god needs their own perks and the problem here is down to the fact that you can only be BL in HOTS. IMO kingdom and religion should be totally separate from each other. One should be able to join any kingdom as any religion. This is really the only balanced thing to do.

If you really need locate soul to pvp in any way you are doing something wrong.

No-one is saying that. Simply believe on a map this size with the playerbase it has... locate is far OP than on Wild.

I always thought casting nolocate on yourself only had a % chance to stop you from being located, that % based on the power of the nolocate. I just tried it out on Test, and even if the other person has 1 power nolocate, I can't locate him anymore until the timer runs out.

That kinda changes a lot for me, because I thought you'd need a very high nolocate cast for it to actually be of any use.

The % is how it works on jewelry, and power is lost as more locate spells are attempted. Thus even a 99ql 99 power nolocate ring can be brute-forced.