Sign in to follow this  
Beneldorla

'ghost' items in 3.1.65[unstable]

Hey!

I been cutting trees and then upon embarking my cart to pick em all up I notised this wierd  bug.

I pick up a felled tree, drop it into my cart. Did not notice anything weird at once as I had a heap of trees close.

But then I see that my pile of trees do not seem to be shrinking and the amount of trees in the large cart stay the same...

So what happens is this, I pick up the tree, and a ghost version of the trees lies on the ground still, i put tree into cart. Then I can pick up the same tree from the ground, but i see that it's taken from my cart and instead of from the ground. I walked off with a load, then when returning later these ghost trees had poofed.

I had this happen to some logs too, these odd bugged logs can lie un piled 10 of them on same tile. Also a bit odd.

With the logs I did bsb them and then try pick them up again, this results in a endless refreshing upon right clicking).

I had a rare tree among the bugged ones, no idea if it could be related.

this happened with a friend of mine except it involved a duplicated cog.

i think its something to do with the horse update a while back where they save positions. i was on my priest one time and there were 2 rottenpies standing right next to eachother in my house and the day that update was put in was the day it started

this happened to me with a pottery bowl in a pile of items I pulled out some butchering knives and a carving knife but they still showed in the bowl. not huge deal but is a bug. never tried to recreate it. those items in the bowl had been in the pile for a few days before I had tried to pull them out.

Did someone experience the same with the stable client?

Cause it seems the server properly updates the items position, but the client doesn't.