Sign in to follow this  
Rantul

Massive lag and Freezing

same here.. Love the game and have played WAY to many hours a day but this not being able to play sucks.. Too many more days of this might break my addiction. DON'T MAKE ME GO PLAY SKYRIM DANGIT!!! ;o)

Look, I love wurm.  It's the best mmo I've played since the classic days of Asheron's Call back in 99-01.

I've spent 49.5 days of my life in-game playing and I don't want it to end this way.

I'm going to call my ISP again monday and really try to sort this out, but some dev help would be nice.

This is a very sudden and unexpected problem as I've only ever been disconnected 11 times since I started playing and have never had lag like this before.

If this is indeed a case of ip throttling or traffic shaping, I want ammo to use against these guys. Any ideas on what I should say to them?

Found a similar thread to this which gave me some ideas.

http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=26855.0

Day 6 for me, I'm glad my premium time is being wasted on both my accounts too. I got teased played for almost 4 minutes with normal operations and loading before it got stuck on refreshing, then back to loading a shaking world on restarting the client again. Yeah I hear that Trothyr, I got 70 days total, and dev help would be nice but I can't stay loyal with no support for a major problem such as this and I find it hard to believe it has anything to do with our isp's since this problem started with all of us at the same time with different isps, computers, graphics card and even operating systems.

Day 6 for me, I'm glad my premium time is being wasted on both my accounts too. I got teased played for almost 4 minutes with normal operations and loading before it got stuck on refreshing, then back to loading a shaking world on restarting the client again. Yeah I hear that Trothyr, I got 70 days total, and dev help would be nice but I can't stay loyal with no support for a major problem such as this and I find it hard to believe it has anything to do with our isp's since this problem started with all of us at the same time with different isps, computers, graphics card and even operating systems.

I agree with you totally. I just don't want to rule anything out.  :'(

My room-mate and I also have a bunch of prem time left on our 3 characters.

Hi,

not sure what we have is the same problem, but who knows. Symptoms:

During the last weeks our frame rates dropped, a lot. Massively reducing the graphics setting helps, but less then to be expected. Especially running/ riding in one direction, then turning often gives a short freeze, and then you're facing elsewhere ... These freezes are not all the time, seems they occur when a new area is to be loaded?

We re-installed our Java (1.6.0_30-b12) as well as our Nvidia drivers (296.10). OS is OK and up-to-date (Win7-64). No shady things running in "services" or "processes". And no other changes done to our 2 systems recently (program installation etc.).

We start the game (both stable and unstable) with:

"C:\Windows\System32\javaws.exe http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_unstable.jnlp" (stable accordingly),

so we always use the new clients.

Clearing the Java cache & reloading the data (Control panel -> Java -> Temp. Internet files) did help a bit sometimes, but not for long.

Possible that a new texture is borked and overloading the GPU? Fields maybe?

Have fun!

PS: Server: Independence. Golden Valley seems to run better.

And no traffic shaping from our ISP.

Hanging on 'refreshing' is a connection or routing issue. As you're the only ones affected, it's extremely unlikely that it is on Wurm's end.

@Rantul/Laun: You are on the same ISP, so the problem is likely in your ISP's domain

@Xandra: You have an entirely different problem. Try disabling GLSL shader support in the compatibility tab.

Last night for some reason, i disabled system clock timer and started using nanotimer and it has worked and loaded properly since then. If you guys haven't tried, try this and let me know. I don't know if that is what it was...

i have this problem also it has been since the new farm models were added

Last night for some reason, i disabled system clock timer and started using nanotimer and it has worked and loaded properly since then. If you guys haven't tried, try this and let me know. I don't know if that is what it was...

Explain please, I would like to try this.

Also, I logged in just now with no problems and onyl a little lag. So far working well enough for me to farm easily.

I hope it's fixed for me. *crosses fingers*  ;D

Just got an email back from my ISP rep

Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:05:19 -0400

Subject: RE: freedom001.game.wurmonline.com

Hey, we don’t do any traffic shaping at all, and your connection has never been throttled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that's true.

Well, since it's working for the moment at least. I'll update the thread with my status  ;D

Just logged in to check and is working for me now too. I worked with a dev for almost an hour last night trying all kinds of stuff to no avail. He was going to talk to Rolf, so maybe thats what Fixed it. As far as being ISP related thats a no go. I have tried 4 different ISPs and it did the same thing. Charter, which is my normal, a Verizon 4g, Stole my neighbors Uverse Wifi, and since I work for an ISP, I went to my Central office and plugged straight into our equipment there.. Just wish I could always play on a direct connection to an OC-48...

well whatever the cause it seems to be solved, happy Wurming yall.

Still working well for my roomie and I.  ;D

Thanks to whoever fixed it!