Sign in to follow this  
Tenderfoot

Nerf the Orb of Doom

My favorite part is where he says they're exaggerating when he hasn't even seen theory himself

Seems a bit odd someone who didn't attend the raid is making this thread, now almost 2 weeks later. 

LockedChest.png

Good job trying to get them all nerfed just because your enemies have them and not you, this is where they'll all end  ;D

This is the childish scare tactic I reffered to as over exagerrated for those who cannot follow the discussion in this thread without someone holding their hand. No one is trying to "get them all nerfed" no one cares who has them.

We only care that 10 min cooldown on the ORB is not enough and that the backfire % may need some adjusting as well.

Every time someone dies to an artifact there's a new thread.

Next thing we know someone throws the ear of vyn and everyone yells for nerfs

Just about the same if someone died to tower guards or spirit guards until they were nerfed into not being worth having. ;)  Something about not fighting REAL players makes people mad in this game.

No one is making threads about say, the Scale of Libila for example.  I could also counter that argument about all the threads about Oakshell, or asking for cooldown nerfs on AoE spells, but this is a suggestion thread, not a qq this qq that thread.

Most people here are agreeing that the Orb needs a bit longer cooldown, and that's mainly what the OP is asking.  Why is everyone arguing for the sake of arguing?  Christ lol, if we all agree on a longer cooldown lets go for that...

Just seems that when stuff gets nerfed, it's never just one aspect of it.

Like Pain Rain, it not only didn't work longer in houses, it was also decreased in damage, and increased favor cost to the point it was useless. 

It's an artifact, a divine item that is supposed to be incredibly powerful, worth fighting over, and worth wasting thousands of favor to find. That's why there is only one of each in the entire game. If you ask me, artifacts should be buffed instead of nerfed. Keep nerfing them and indeed, they will never be used again and you will go back to them sitting in chests forever.

It already has a chance to backfire and kill the user, so basically each time it is used you're given a chance to get it for free. How can you call something that has the potential to kill you when you use it overpowered? Just becuase "this and this guy" told you about it? And what everybody else, who has first hand experience with it says, is overcourse a weak argument and unrelated, trolling, biased, whining and whatnot. I don't route for any kingdom on epic but I do believe artifacts should not be nerfed, purely becuase of what they are. Artifacts.

It's an artifact, a divine item that is supposed to be incredibly powerful, worth fighting over, and worth wasting thousands of favor to find. That's why there is only one of each in the entire game. If you ask me, artifacts should be buffed instead of nerfed. Keep nerfing them and indeed, they will never be used again and you will go back to them sitting in chests forever.

It already has a chance to backfire and kill the user, so basically each time it is used you're given a chance to get it for free. How can you call something that has the potential to kill you when you use it overpowered? Just becuase "this and this guy" told you about it? And what everybody else, who has first hand experience with it says, is overcourse a weak argument and unrelated, trolling, biased, whining and whatnot. I don't route for any kingdom on epic but I do believe artifacts should not be nerfed, purely becuase of what they are. Artifacts.

While I agree they are rare I also do not think they should be used as common as some normal spells or even close because of that power.  I hate to bring in NPC's, but that's what these game items are to some extent in the form of an item.  What If tower guards got super powers every 10 mins and could kill in one hit??  The basic fact is this one artifact gives extreme power to be able to kill everyone and they all lose all their items.  How is being able to use every 10 mins fair?

While I agree they are rare I also do not think they should be used as common as some normal spells or even close because of that power.  I hate to bring in NPC's, but that's what these game items are to some extent in the form of an item.  What If tower guards got super powers every 10 mins and could kill in one hit??  The basic fact is this one artifact gives extreme power to be able to kill everyone and they all lose all their items.  How is being able to use every 10 mins fair?

I don't think it's reasonable to compare towerguards (which there are hundreds of and respawn) to an artifact, which there is only one off and can change hands when dropped (artifacts drop when you die but also when you log off). I also do not believe these artifacts are used as commonly as regular spells such as ice-  or firepillar - for sure this thread would have popped it's head up way earlier if it was used very commonly.

Keep in mind the artifact doesn't kill people. It gives them a severe wound, or it backfires and kill the user. You still - as the user - have to go in and kill the enemies some other way, though you do have of course an advantage of your enemies already being wounded :P

Question about this Orb of Doom does it have friendly fire??  like anyone in the way of this DOOM is hit or is it selective in those it damages?  I mean DOOM does sound like it would kill anything in its path including those on the same side. It sounds like a last resort type of weapon and nothing like say an Ice Bolt or something.

I sidnt even know I was mark. The yellow message should be showed in combat and with a 10 title radius 3 is a fail.

Why not just post under your real name Tenderfoot? And stop all the BS. Threads like this, and the usual suspects who have no clue what the hell is even being discussed, is why no one takes the suggestions forum seriously.

I sidnt even know I was mark. The yellow message should be showed in combat and with a 10 title radius 3 is a fail.

lol your kidding right??  10 tiles radius??  100 tiles total?

Why not just post under your real name Tenderfoot? And stop all the BS. Threads like this, and the usual suspects who have no clue what the hell is even being discussed, is why no one takes the suggestions forum seriously.

And like normal you are here to tell us all how we don't know how to play the game thanks for your vision.  Anyhow you know the thing is to powerful for a 10 min cooldown why not just add to the discussion rather than beating up on the players with posts again?

Would you rather it be a 3 tile radius and we can call it the Orb of Slightly Scary?

DOOM...look up the word.

I don't care how much favor you spent or time digging or looking for, no one should be able to spam die instantly... Some digging and favor should not let you destroy anyone you want every 10 minutes with a simple right click...

It's so hard to find them that all of them aren't even found yet. Effort vs. reward.

And it has to be charged every so often.

Would you rather it be a 3 tile radius and we can call it the Orb of Slightly Scary?

DOOM...look up the word.

Exactly my point DOOM not 10 min easy mode I win button.

No Pvp and you'll understand right?????

And like normal you are here to tell us all how we don't know how to play the game thanks for your vision.  Anyhow you know the thing is to powerful for a 10 min cooldown why not just add to the discussion rather than beating up on the players with posts again?

I don't care if you make it a 3 day cooldown.

And yes, I do believe people ought to inform themselves a bit before plowing into this forum and trying to contribute to a thread they are clueless about.

DOOM...look up the word.

Exactly my point DOOM not 10 min easy mode I win button.

until it backfires and becomes the I loose button in that situation

No Pvp and you'll understand right?????

I don't think so really I have been trying to understand the PvP hardcore crowd for 3 years and still haven't figured out exactly what the deal is.  We do not want NPC's because they are no real players, but we want special items more powerful than NPC's to say the least after watching all the changes that have happend and what is asked for and not asked for or nerfed then un nerfed the PvP on Wurm really sounds like a complete mess.  I wonder if it will be really balanced ever with all the changes going on a whim or a whisper I have seen.

Anyhow good luck I hope the cool down is extended at least to promote more fighting and less BOOM!  Where I come from thinking wise is more along the lines of head to head fighting combat than say magic users type of fighting so I may seem against this more than say a magic users type of guy.  I do enjoy watching all the changes though and the after effects....lol