Sign in to follow this  
Milso

Game not fully closing

When I close out of Wurm and check task manager the java*32 is still running and using up CPU and Memory.  Noticed this started happening after patch on 4/14. 

Windows 7 64 Pro

i7-930

also verified Java has been updated to newest version

(sorry at work so cant get exact version right now)

I have this exact same problem, with the exact same PC set up as you, except mine started happening a bit back, the patch before the double door one. If I relog to multiple characters my PC screams at me as there's 10+ java.exe clients open and running in the task menu.

Try to go into settings -> compatibility and deactivate Pbuffer support.

Worked for me :)

Try to go into settings -> compatibility and deactivate Pbuffer support.

Worked for me :)

This worked to solve the issue for me (once I re-started the client with it disabled) - thank you!

I may have been off on time frame but just noticed it this weekend.  I will give this a try tonight and report back if I still have an issue

Ah! I had this problem for a while. Fix worked thanks!

Ok in addition to this issue with pbuffer, I logged in today with unchanged settings and the game ran at 3-8 FPS, when it normally does 20-60.

On instructions from Stargrace I disabled pbuffer and logged back in, it's now doing 30-60, higher than usual.

I notice that wurm is single-threaded (performance is the same with affinity set to a single core or all cores) and CPU bound, and with pbuffer on today it was using far more cpu per frame than usual.

Regards,

Shiraek

Well this is not working for me everything was fine till the trouble with the java 7 and unsigned certificate thing. I have done everything including formatting the HD and putting a fresh OS install on it.

It just will not close no matter what i have tried anyone have any ideas? (the pbuffer thing is not working for me)

Having the same problem,

Windows 7 64 ultimate

i7-930

I had Java 7 fully updated. So i remove java 7 and instaled java 6 update 33 and click off auto update and deactivate Pbuffer support.

Works fine now, must be jave 7 update thats doing this. :)

• Like 1

Having the same problem,

Windows 7 64 ultimate

i7-930

I had Java 7 fully updated. So i remove java 7 and instaled java 6 update 33 and click off auto update and deactivate Pbuffer support.

Works fine now, must be jave 7 update thats doing this. :)

That worked...thanks

Not sure if Rolf needs to fix something or if it is Java but until it gets fixed this will do. :)

Edited by Kegan