Sign in to follow this  
FireWalker

Goblin village

Since all the new features are going into our great game how about a goblin village spawn on the freedom servers that we can go and raid. Have the lair and goblin huts to were they could not be destroyed so everyone could enjoy it for all time. When you go in to raid the village you would have a chance of finding crude tools gems and other times that you might find if a goblin raiding party hit a deed. We could even nurture a village ( drop meat in the village so there numbers grow over time ) till it becomes a real problem, i can only see fun there. It would give a chance for more group pve fun.

Sounds like a great idea, there was talk of AI Goblin villages a few years back. Great idea, let the fun begin !

As long as they don't break out the catapults and large mauls and start bashing houses and walls down, I think they would be a cool addition to the Freedom cluster.

Sounds like fun provided it's done "right" and not just slapped in without testing to make sure it's a major problem :)

in EQ there were spawn "villages" you'd find in the wild. Orcs or whatever they were that basically built some tents, a fire, had meat hanging in racks, etc.

i prefered hunting these spawns over any other, as it was a bit for flavor to the basic nonsense hunting.

definately +1 this suggestion

Still in the planned feature list last I was aware  ;D

They use to loot corpses and even cooperate; however, with the more spread out spawns now, I rarely see this.

Could have a LOT of fun with Goblin AI.  I see piles of items left all over the place off-deed wherever I travel.  What if Goblins wandered around, sneaking when they could, and picked some of this stuff up, and carried it back to their village?  If they find materials and tools, they can improve their village and its defenses, and make weapons, etc.  If they find food, their numbers increase.  Eventually, they build their villages into near-impregnable fortresses that takes a large number of players to raid.

Never played runescape, but some kind of goblin camps would be fun.

Bump

And i say add a few of these on epic too ( homeservers only )

If these goblins were restricted to their village and could not move one step out of it, it would be fine I suppose, as a purely optional choice for players to participate in. But I can imagine certain players saying this was too easy to escape the goblins by just running out of their village, so the goblins should be able to leave the village to pursue attacking players and of course kill any *unparticipating* players they might come across in the process. If this were to be able to happen, I would be against these goblin villages.

=Ayes=

give them a reputation system.

essentially a deed with goblins as the citizens.

when you attack them you lose village rep, they chase YOU and specifically you until a range has been reached (like towerguards) they die, or you die.

they could even have a templar, on a higher level village. Whoa.

Or they can ensnare you, so you cant escape :D

+1 to this!! Sounds cool!!  ;D

+1  Like the idea and I would say - yes they can follow you out and attack passig players say x tiles from village...

I would really like the PvE aspect of wurm made a lot better, +1

+1

Would be cool if goblins were simple hunter/gatherer creatures. They would stay at their village at nights and during the days collect items like mushrooms, meat and tools. And bring it back to their village. It would be cool if they also were able to produce and equip various crude tools. It would be possible for us players to kill them and steal the stuff they have collected and their crude tools. Maybe they even could create some special items that you only can aquire from goblin villages. alchemical potions, ingredients and other tribal/shamanic stuff.

dump the crude tools at the feet of some lost noob who threw his hatchet at a critter.

potential with these ideas is enormous. moar ideaz