Sign in to follow this  
Vroomfondel

Porches, deck areas

With the new double doors I found I have a door that is inset from the rest of the building and thought how it would be nice to have just the roof extend over that spot and leave the door recessed.  This gave me the idea of porches with over-hanging roofs and deck areas around the building the same way.  Would be a nice touch now, and if we ever have the roof stop the rain and snow it would be an asset.

Like it but what does this add?

Mostly an aesthetic, it would make for varied looks to the outside of your home and how you arranged furnishings.  There are plenty of ways it can help make your place feel more unique, even though you used the same base parts everyone else did.  And if we get the promised multi-story buildings, a balcony with a roof over it would be nice too.

Yes, these kind of houses with unfinished walls are all over the place, simply because it looks good in certain configurations.

With inddor wall enabled you could also make a porch like that.

Only problem: such a house would count as open, for beds and decay.

Personally I think a full room should count as indoors even when parts of the rest of the house are unfinished or damaged, question is if the code could handle that.

As for "da rule": you can simply evade it anyway by completing a house, putting up indoor walls and removing the outer walls.

This!

I Agree, when i first played wurm i thought that you'd plan walls freely, and my very first idea was to make a porch leaving some unfinished walls on the outside and making walls on the inside to close the house up...

With inner walls, we're one step of being able to do this. Either that or ADD a 4th type of wall. "Porch wall" would use same ammount of materials, but instead of a complete house would make a porch on wooden houses and archways on stone houses. (would count as an unfinished wall for all intents).

With that, enclosed rooms with inner walls could be considered as completed houses for beds and decay.

I believe this would give wurm a whole new level of flexebility for building houses, which would be greatly improved with multy-storey buildings (like building a 1x1 all archway house, and then put either lamps or charcoal piles - or who knows a whole new item - and make a real lighthouse.)

What i suggested on the Inner walls thread, i think it exactly what you're suggesting, so +1

+1 It Is a GREAT idea and it should be done! (i was thinking of this the exact day when the news about multistorys came out:)

Love it! Wasn't that plussed with it until I pictured cute little 1x1 overhangs in front of doors. Would definitely make houses feel more villagey!

494425.JPGBB032.JPG

27_IMG_00.jpg

Given that we have inside walls now, you could actually do a porch.  Picture a 2 by 3 house where you don't do the outside wall on half of it.

Given that we have inside walls now, you could actually do a porch.  Picture a 2 by 3 house where you don't do the outside wall on half of it.

It wont let you. Only if you would go through bashing the outer walls after building the inner walls (you cant make inner walls when the outer ones arent done yet)