Sign in to follow this  
Touchmee

Repeat last action

i dont know if this has been mentioned or not, most likely has but seriously can we have a key bind to repeat last action? having to right click and go down drop menus all the time to create things like "war arrow heads" or "arrow shafts" is just getting anoying and ide much rather press a buttom like most things in the game

• Like 5

I took this seriously for a second, and was preparing the flamecannons, then I realised it was Touchmee. Nvm XD

UO had it... why why why does this game not have it?!  lol

LOL sure. We could call it the Macro/Bot "Easy" button. Why it would be so easy in fact the you could call it the Micro/bot button.

LOL sure. We could call it the Macro/Bot "Easy" button. Why it would be so easy in fact the you could call it the Micro/bot button.

bind m mine_forward.

bind space dig

bind key action.

dude. it's all macroable.

i don't know anyone who does macro.

most of us just want to be able to do something without the added eye strain, late night errors, and the likes.

• Like 2

Maybe a drop down option that is always on top (like the what is on the bottom) of a repeat action.. at least make the botters work for it.

Maybe a drop down option that is always on top (like the what is on the bottom) of a repeat action.. at least make the botters work for it.

far better than current system

• Like 1

Personally, I wouldn't base UI elements and usage of it on if it could be macroed or not. You're just kicking the honest players in the teeth with that, not really stopping those who want to macro stuff. The more complicated something is to do regularly, the larger the gap becomes between the honest people and those who cheat. Remember, a machine doesn't ever get tired of navigating a 5 level deep menu. A human does so, very fast.

I've written elaborate bots for Ultima Online on a server where it was allowed to do, just for the challenge. There's absolutely nothing short of GM intervention that can stop a macroer at all. Some things do, indeed, take more time, but as I said already, a macro doesn't get tired of it.

So please, stop using that rotten excuse to not implement good things that make things more accessible for us honest players. :)

• Like 1

Bots/macros can navigate the context menues easily, they are fine without it.

Real player (especially those with CTS and similar conditions) are the only ones who suffer from it.

So +1 from me, though it was suggested ~2000 times and, knowing rolf,  won't ever happen.

• Like 2

my wrist never bothers me when I play other games, but this game...  Constant menus, sometimes you have to navigate 2-3 menus to get to an action, and then have to repeat that 100 times.    This should be the priority #1 thing to add before we all have CTS :)  My wrist has never hurt more.  Not even Diablo 2 had this much clicking :P

It's not so bad with things that are spammable on carryable tools.  Like activating an anvil and right clicking a stack of lump to make nails, or chisel on a stack of shards for bricks.  It's the things like clicking on a large anvil a million times spamming armor chains to make a few spare sets or something that drives me insane, and could really use some sort of work around for.

just made a knarr, in producing the mats i had 500 rivets i burned through, trying to get my max possible QL for attachment ease.

500 rivets. my wrist hurts.

Ultima Online also had massive macroing/botting issues, especially in its early years. Sure such a keybind would be extremely wrist-saving; however, on the other hand its a pandora's box.

Ultima Online also had massive macroing/botting issues, especially in its early years. Sure such a keybind would be extremely wrist-saving; however, on the other hand its a pandora's box.

They tried to contain it, but failed. There was just too much of a community behind the bot-writers, so that it was fast to find a solution to virtually any problem.

Honestly most macro systems are so precise now days that if someone wanted (and I'm sure some do) could macro this game very easily.  The only hiccup that they would find, is that the inventory system adds at the bottom, and that you need to eat and drink.

We all know or have seen someone macro. Your never going to stop them and therefore the honest players are at a disadvantage. The only reason create menu is mixed up is to stop macros but it only changes per login. If someone really wanted to macro there isnt much stopping them.

Make a repeat action bind. Please? :)

I do not see this as a reason to enable and make macroing easier though.

• Like 1

Can't make it much easier than it is already. That's the thing.

Never ever overcomplicate things for the honest user. The macroer won't care how tedious things are. The honest user will, though.

Personally I think it would be better if the last item you made was on top or bottom of the right click menu, would make it easier than finding the same item hidden in creation menus 1000 times over.

Macroers and cheaters are going to do what they want regardless of how difficult you make the menus. That's up to Rolf and his admins to catch that kind of activity.

Punishing legit players by making them go through 3 semi-randomized menus to get what they want to create is not the way to go about it.

Usability is one of the reasons this game isn't more popular and you folks are really only shooting yourselves in the foot by arguing against better usability.

• Like 1

Improve the gameplay for the menu's don't make the macroing easier is what I would rather see.  This repeat any last action bit is going to be abused one way or another with something.  I would much rather see a reworking of the GUI than to see this auto repeat added.

Suggested time and time again. +1 and +1 again!

But as for the macroer argument, favor legit players over cheaters. This suggestion ultimately wouldn't effect macroers but does help legit players... alot!

• Like 1

Yes, please give us repeat last action.

There is nothing admirable about some people being able to take the strain, the boredom and the likely CTS in their future and make 2500 bricks in one stretch by moving their mouses and click compared to giving people not as "gifted" their keyboard to accomplish the same task; It will still be boring and require concentration to keep hammering away. Device chooice for input to accomplish a task should not be limited to a tool that with repeated tiny movemements are likely to give people severe pain; the spanish inquisition could not have tought out a better tool to torture people.

And while we are still having this context menu stuff, could we please sort stuff in the context menu alphabetichly ?

That's meant to stop, or at least impede, macroing. Which is pretty inefficient, as it only changes once per server reboot.