Sign in to follow this  
Aetherwalker

Fatigue Reworking

I ran out of fatigue today whilst smithing a large order of silverware for a client, I'm never doing anything below 20% stamina, and I'm active in Kchat so it's clear I'm not macroing. The reason for this thread is to complain about being restricted by an anti-macro measure when playing normally. Yes, this is an unusually long play session for me, but that's because of aforementioned order and the need to have it done as soon as possible.

What I suggest is this: Rework fatigue so that it does not stop a player playing the game.

Suggestions:

1) Fatigue is only reduced by actions when your stamina bar is empty. Every second of action when your stamina bar is empty is drained from your fatigue.

2) Fatigue is not drained from imping, only tasks which could easily be macroed such as mining, prayer or fishing.

3) Remove fatigue altogether and have more macro-check questions. Asking around, these are very rare occurences, and yet if they were more common it would completely remove the need for other anti-macro measures

4) Reset fatigue when clearly at keyboard. An example of this would be if someone was talking actively in Kchat, Alliance, Village or PMs, as this would indicate decisively that the actions occuring are player-caused and not macro-caused.

Just my 2 iron on the subject, criticism or commentary encouraged.

+1 for this, never been outta fatigue maself but it seems a bit unfair that the people that obviously enjoy this game so much end up being restricted. Seems a bit in-efficient with the current system to me. :D

Already been tried they wont change it,  if you hit the fatigue level your best bet is to log out and go to bed.

1) Fatigue is only reduced by actions when your stamina bar is empty. Every second of action when your stamina bar is empty is drained from your fatigue.

2) Fatigue is not drained from imping, only tasks which could easily be macroed such as mining, prayer or fishing.

3) Remove fatigue altogether and have more macro-check questions. Asking around, these are very rare occurences, and yet if they were more common it would completely remove the need for other anti-macro measures

4) Reset fatigue when clearly at keyboard. An example of this would be if someone was talking actively in Kchat, Alliance, Village or PMs, as this would indicate decisively that the actions occuring are player-caused and not macro-caused.

1) So they write a macro that pauses to regain stamina before it even drains.

2) +/-0  I'm sure there are macros more than sophisticated enough to do improving tasks.

3) No thanks, I don't want to bother with anti macro questions popping up.  I've not once run out of fatigue yet in the two years I've played, don't change that to random questions, thanks.

4) So they add a keybind that says something in village chat into their macro.

Overall, leave it as it is -1

Something must've been changed with fatigue, then. I once had a pretty hard improving session two or three years ago, during which I was smithing for a week straight 12 hours a day. And didn't run out of fatigue back then. So clearly something must've been changed for the worse.

As to your suggestions, only the question popping up cannot be easily accounted for with a sophisticated enough macro. All the others could be circumvented. And to be honest, I'm not too sure if I'd like that question pop up regularly. As it is now, only a small amount of people have been incapacitated by fatigue. So we should have a look at what happened during that time for some fine tuning of the fatigue system. We don't have to throw it over board completely, if there's just a bug with calculations going on.

1) 2) Macros can be smart enough to do imping, and they can easily stop for stam to regen, so -1

3) 4) Currently (i think) macro checks are only triggered by GMs manually. What i would propose is the server automatically triggering them when you are low on fatigue (say 1-2 hours left) if you pass the check your fatigue time gets bumped by say 30 minutes, if you fail - nothing happens (= no freezing, like the manual checks do), if you fail enough and run out of fatigue - flag the account for GM review.

Remember there can be both false positives and false negatives with those checks.

That being said, i've never ran out of fatigue either, even with long, 12+ hours play sessions, so i'm not sure how much of a real problem there is currently.