Sign in to follow this  
Postes

Cooldown on Pillar + AoE spells?

Do you want to put a cooldown on spells like Ice Pillar, Fire Pillar, and Fungus Trap?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to put a cooldown on spells like Ice Pillar, Fire Pillar, and Fungus Trap?

• Yes
    • No

I think for a long time now in PvP we've played and toyed with Pillar spells, and while they're effective, they are also overly used.  Although there is "mental exhaustion", when anyone is linked it's raised, and one can easily spam several pillar spells over, over, and over.  I don't think the spell is that bad, it's damage is appropriate and players can move off of it.  The only issue I see is that it can constantly be casted back to back.

I suggest one of two things:

1) A cooldown of four minutes.

2) You can't recast a pillar effect on the same tiles for 5 minutes.  Meaning tiles that become pillared, then burn out, can't be re-pillared for 5 minutes.

Now before you say, "No!"  Keep in mind that there's multiple priests.  Not just one person has to be the one casting it, others could work very easily together to synchronize casting and still use Pillar effects, but without less spam.  Pillar spells are great, but they also sometimes can just be an annoyance when used constantly, and sometimes even break up PvP unintentionally.  I do think it's very important to remember that we should be fighting one another, we shouldn't be always relying on magic and spells. 

Love it.

Use pillars tactically rather than just spamming them mindlessly :)

I like the idea, but would they be able to do more damage?

Don't like not being able to cast on the same tile idea for 5 mins.

+1 to something like this, seems abit to easy for people to just spam them over and over and over aslong as they have enough vessels

I voted yes to this.

Even though I am a priest, I think it's a bit ridiculous to have priests be the people that run PvP constantly. If you aren't a priest you are basically just sitting on the sidelines waiting for the wizards to burn through all their favor and gems until everyone can get into the mix. Priest should be a supporting role in PvP, not the main attraction. This could be toned down a bit.

A 2 minute cool down would be more than enough i reckon.

including a nice nerf to the orb, why not

As I recall the orb is an artifact so there's only one in the entire game. I'm just gonna go ahead and guess there is more than one magranon or vynora or liblia priest out there that pvps. A cooldown on the spell seems like a good idea, if you are smart enough to use some tactics in pvp you can still cast it when needed and use to to funnel your enemies into a certain direction, rather than just spamming it over and over in the blunt hope someone dies to it.

yeah, I think priests should be able to cast it pretty soon after the previous pillar cast, but right now you can almost spam it. So I think something like 2 minutes for a cooldown is enough.

yeah, I think priests should be able to cast it pretty soon after the previous pillar cast, but right now you can almost spam it. So I think something like 2 minutes for a cooldown is enough.

Pvp should be about the people actually involved in combat, not the priests .

A big +1 to this.

There is already a cooldown..................................................

Not needed . all I see is mongolians constantly trying to tweak things in there direction, frankly it is pathetic as you already are a super power.

Not needed . all I see is mongolians constantly trying to tweak things in there direction, frankly it is pathetic as you already are a super power.

Most Clueless Person on the Forums Award, 2012, winner.

Congrats!

Well he's technically right under the terms that it can be a cool down, but that's if yo spam like 20 of them in 2 mins using gems..

I agree to the cd, but I think 4-5 mins is a bit heavy.

Good idea with cooldown (2 min perhaps)

Keeps people from making a spam-fest on 1 tile where everything is happening

If you're linked to the person casting you get the cooldown aswell maybe? Some people like to switch links when exhausted. So caster and linker get a cooldown.

huge +1 tired of pvp being spam pillar spells tell the priests are out of favor

there never out of favor tho cause of all the gems lol

Most Clueless Person on the Forums Award, 2012, winner.

Congrats!

;D

2-3 minute cooldown would be good.