Sign in to follow this  
Dashiva

[2008-11-24] New test client 2.5.4.803

There's a new test client, URL is (as always) http://www.wurmonline.com/client/testclient/wurmclienttest.jnlp

If you find bugs, please report them in the bugs & problems forum rather than posting here.

* New launcher. Aside from all the visual changes, this includes a new pack updater. It should be more reliable than the old one, but as always there's no knowing what bugs lie undiscovered. The launcher also gives different welcome pages to new players, but none of you will get that!

* New chatfilter. The default filter covers the same words as before, but is now created as a profile file. This allows people to customize the filter to their heart's extent. As usual, if you want to return to the default filter, just delete the file and it will be recreated.

* If the chat censor option is enabled, outgoing messages will also be censored.

* Text fields now support some ctrl combinations: ctrl-left, ctrl-right, ctrl-delete and ctrl-backspace.

* Support for the STOP keybind. This is the same stop as in the menu, it cancels the current action. Mapping this to the escape key can save you many clicks!

* Bugfix: The wiki viewer now supports spaces in redirects.

* Bugfix: The invisible doors after destroying a house will now disappear properly. In its place, you will get "x is not a house" errors if you have chosen to enable the obscure error message logging option.

* Bugfix: Splash image now ignores the maximum texture size setting. This fixes the "birch crash" for people who used maximum size 256 combined with missing support for non-power-of-two textures.

* Secret new feature! Being secret, we aren't going to tell you what it is. But it's new, and fairly obvious when it occurs, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. It was originally supposed to be a secret new bug, but then Kilean fixed it and ruined all my plans. So you get a feature instead.

As there hasn't been a new main client yet, the changes from the previous test client are still valid.

* New compass handling

Compasses used to get a random offset based on their QL and nothing else, so if you just measured the offset once the compass was 100% reliable. This has changed, and low QL compasses will now be more unreliable.

* New open-in-browser handling

The code for opening links in a browser (edit link in wiki viewer, things on login screen) has changed. Please try and make sure it works for you. (There is an option to use the old code for now, but it will probably be removed unless we get problem reports with the new code.)

* New timer handling

The code for time measurement has changed. Please try and make sure you don't get any weird time stops or jumps. (There is an option to use a different timer, this is a just-in-case measure and should not be used unless you're told to.)

* Debug code for people who always get birches on the login screen.

You know who you are. Try starting the game and see if anything new pops up in the console.

Ok, nice work.

How many versions are you planning, just seems to get more and more numbers.

2.5.4.929.32.42c

Ok, nice work.

How many versions are you planning, just seems to get more and more numbers.

2.5.4.929.32.42c

dont u mean like 2.5.4.958.349.1236.57293.1579.1z before they release a new one for the main servers? :P

Updates aren't suppose to be secret. >:(

The fourth number is just so we can tell which test client it is, as several test clients will usually share the same version (the first three numbers).

Lol, help.

====== CLIENT CRASH ======

null

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/dnsalias/java/timer/AdvancedTimer

at class.ct.a(SourceFile:34)

at class.fY.a(SourceFile:63)

at com.wurmonline.client.l.f(SourceFile:230)

at com.wurmonline.client.p.run(SourceFile:157)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.dnsalias.java.timer.AdvancedTimer

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jnlp.JNLPClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

... 5 more

The Wrath of Magranon button is too prominent considering what it is; it should be tucked away a bit, I think.

The Wrath of Magranon button is too prominent considering what it is; it should be tucked away a bit, I think.

Lol, help.

====== CLIENT CRASH ======

and problems

Right click wurm folder -> delete.

Now try again.

lol wasnt that hard to find out after i got annoyed by lag when flatting i saw it :P

I hate you and your abused 90 digging. >:(  >:(

lol

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9941/wurm200811251248ao2.jpg

u mean that dash?

We have a winner.

New launcher fixes the long running problem that the URL links didn't work in linux.  Nice!

Hope it'll be toggleable, some don't have use for it (priests) ;P

With what I tested, I'm thinking you need at least 50 digging, maybe 70+.

Ah, clever :) Then I won't be seeing it, everybody happy \o/

ROFLMFAO

Seriously though, makes sense for it to only be for xx Digging and up.

There's a new base.jar now. This is an excellent opportunity to use the test client and test the new pack updater.