Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Rare item functionality

^

This would be awesome. :'3

How do I slot final attack - kotr with this ?

• Like 1

The ability to have each rare improvable to meet the owners demand...beautiful, but not really possible on that level without a core level rewrite. I think you're on to something here though.

This has become a bit of a suggestion forum thread but I'm not fond of the 'socket' idea. Too much of a gimicky game mechanic used elsewhere.

I never understood the additions of rare, fantastic and supreme items in the first place. The whole point of Wurm was make what you want, not: keep rolling dice till you get lucky. The addition of rares seemed like some desperate attempt to create a weird end game grind mechanic, i.e. get full set of rare tools/armor etc.

Since they're here (bad ideas never go away) they should just be slightly better at what they do. For some items that do nothing (rare table) they're just novelties.

Higher enchant bonus for statuettes of gods when used to cast.

Like the enchant bonus you see on the token you know...

Basically should give a higher chance for a high cast.

Maybe a rare statuette could give 5% bonus, supreme 10, fantastic 15 or so.. maybe % more even.

Rare other jewelry could give a similar bonus to create other rare things when worn.

5% for rare, 10 for supreme, 15 for fantastic or so?

Edited by Smilingcat

The ability to have each rare improvable to meet the owners demand...beautiful, but not really possible on that level without a core level rewrite. I think you're on to something here though.

Well, the much easier (but more boring) alternative is to simply set rares to have a higher effective QL rating.

Unity is what makes an antique rare: there is only one or a few of it's kind, most likely because all others weren't preserved and decayed. Decay is represented in wurm, but there's not really 1 or a few of anything. Unique land forms are about the best example of this.

The Uniqueness of the history would be much more challenging to create in Wurm, but would create some of the best quality for the game. As it stands, items get marked with the signature of the maker, and in chat we see ppl paste to chat the signatures of popular or well known players. If anything, enabling the game to create more situations like this would be fantastic, particularly if the item could be named in the first case after the player. E.g. "Scythe of Makarus" or "Elwoodian Altar of Magrannon" etc, with degree of embellishment varying by rarity.

Also, there's possible room for items to keep a log of their role in major events, like when a sword is involved in killing a dragon, or an anvil is involved in making a supreme sword, etc etc etc. I'm not sure what other "logable" events happen in Wurm that could add to the history of an artefact, but the more the richer the game is.

these 2 need to be reformulated into a new suggestion with also the renamining of fantastic items such as weapons

only after it becomes rare it should start history tracking also it should add your name "rare iron shortshort of aum", if it becomes fantastic youll be able to rename it to ie "excalibur"

examining would produce info

Excalibur was forged by "player name" on the 7th day of the starfall of luck in the year .

Excalibur has slain xxxx amount of enemies

Excalibur helped vanquish the troll king in the hands of "playername".

please add more

• Like 1

Rare frying pan could give +1 ql meal than your current hfc.

• Like 1

I saw an idea like this in another topic:

Make it so that the items (tools/armor/weapons/shields) get sockets (this replaces the bonusses that these items get at the moment).

Rare item: 1 socket

Supreme item: 2 sockets

Fantastic item: 3 sockets

You can put gems into these sockets, each gem would give a different bonus and their ql determines how big this bonus is (rare gems like star gems could give a higher maximum bonus at ql 100). Multiple gems of the same type don't stack, instead the best one applies and the others don't do a thing. This is to encourage mixing up different gems so the item gives small bonusses to multiple things instead of one big bonus to for example weapon damage or timer reduction or skill gain.

I think sockets would work better than using static bonusses for these items, since this way people can customize their own items the way they like them.

i like this...but it should be a preist that must put the gems into the items...and have a favor factor dealing with the bonus depending on how much favor was in the gem when it was placed into the item's socket...however allowing for stacking would be good...but again the amout of favor in each gem before it was placed would be good...and you could make it that certain priests could only do certain objects...like a mag priest would be the only one to do a pickaxe...fo could do a butchering knife....etc...

I would do the socket thing without having to be rare.....that sounds like a bit too much for rare only.

Rare frying pan could give +1 ql meal than your current hfc.

This should be added if not in yet (well +1ql meal indeed)

-1 Sockets, we aren't playing WoW.. i don't want to maintain sockets aswell lol. But i guess it -could- be a nice addition for gems, but its wurm.. not wow :D

The fact that some other game does or doesn't have something has absolutely nothing to do with whether Wurm should or should not have something.

However blizzard style socketed gems don't fit in, the gems have no power on their own and there is no inherent magic in wurm for them to pick up and focus.

All spells are a favor of the Gods. If anything it would either need to be pure vesseled gems to create special socket effects, or outright enchanted gems to attach the enchant to the item.

Didn't we just get a new sound guy? :P I say give rares sounds... When i block with my rare shield give me a nice little victory sound :P WOOOHOOO slash a tree with a rare axe... let me hear "Timber!!!!" :P sounds will make this game more fun... it will be a wonderful thing on the FREEDOM server as well as make grinding not quite as boring :P

add more sound please :P

I also like pytheus suggestion of counters on the rares... though if we have 100% chance to make a rare even if its from a mat... then reduce the chance to get a rare to once per day or something...

It might be nice if Rare armor didn't have as much of a speed penalty... :P and make the shields block/reduce dmg more :P

i dont think catapults should do more dmg... maybe winch faster? or move them faster?

wouldn't be totally opposed to rare tools being able to make some kind of "thing" that normal tool's just can't... maybe something useful maybe just a decoration... =] maybe rare boats don't need as much dye to paint? :P hehe....

socket idea is nice...

epic though is worried about their items right now... :P personally if the changes with looting happen on epic... i wont be stockpiling items anymore... and i won't be looting useful items when i raid... ill be burning/smelting/trashbinning everything in sight... you can just lose ALL your items and cry about that instead :P

Perhaps rare mailboxes could have a shortened mailing time?

For example:

Rare: 1 minute faster mailing than normal

Supreme: 2 minutes faster mailing than normal

Fantastic: 3 minutes faster mailing than normal

This topic is old as dirt but might as well put up a suggestion I guess. ^_^

I think rare brass, oil lamps take no damage if keeped in the inventory.

Sometimes the rare action, even if it were successful has no chance of actually doing anything, it would be nice if a successful rare action always gave a benefit. Its frustrating when most of the time I see the screen effect I know its going to be wasted.

for example

A successful rare farming action could improve the crop amount by 1-3 when it comes to harvesting time.

or

A rare prayer action could give a free faith gain

or

a rare taming action bumps the tamed creature straight to loyal regardless of the taming skill

• Like 2

I think rare brass, oil lamps take no damage if keeped in the inventory.

ya they take damage