Sign in to follow this  
Taxton

Rare Item Reports

It would be really hard to test, but I guess you get one extra power, same as you get one extra ql from other tools.

do know if anyone still reads this but recently my rare frying pans have been giving me higher ql meals with 30 hfc i'm getting 33 now(never use to do that)

• Like 1

did they remove the +ql from pick axe mining?

or does it only work off the vien ql?

Edited by Jock

I combined a rare rockshard with 3 other regular rockshards and ended up with 80kg of rare rockshard. I did this again and the rockhard lost its rare status.

Also in my first week back at wurm after a leave of absence I made a rare longsword and two rare carving knives. I took another month break and made 4 rare handles on my first day back and noticed that I was making more rares than I would otherwise. Perhaps rares also have something to do with how much time you spend playing wurm?

Edited by Johnston2

Has anyone ever imped a rare to a supreme?

Right around the start of it all I heard (might be somewhere in this topic) someone imped a rare longsword to supreme. I've also heard about a rare tool (can't recall what kind) turning supreme.

Yes, it can happen. A sword belonging to a person in my village was normal when assembled, then turned rare while improving, and later upgraded from rare to supreme during another round of improvement.

I'd rather see someone actually report that they had made a supreme item from a rare one than anecdotal evidence. Not discounting anyone's claim that a friend or another villager accomplished this, but I honestly don't think it's possible until someone can confirm this. The way things are coded in this game, I can totally believe that getting a rare drum roll on an already rare item will just result in nothing happening regardless of a pass or fail on the drum roll. I was imping all the rare weapons in village for a couple days and got 5 drum rolls, but nothing turned supreme. This isn't a good sample by any means, but I don't think I'll be wasting anymore time on trying to get something from rare to supreme like that anymore.

It was not quite a case of "he said she said": the sword was mine, and I was doing the improving. It was in my possession from assembly, to first improvement, to regular touchups since then, to right now, sitting in my inventory. It turned rare as I was improving a batch of one hundred two-handed swords to 50QL, and then later when I was fixing it up while doing some other weaponsmithing work.

2012-12-09

[12:08:15] A large heavy sword almost as tall as a ten year old child. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It has a benevolent aura. It could be improved with a lump.

[12:08:15] You can barely make out the signature of its maker, '.oi.head'.

2013-04-12 (right now; it upgraded sometime in January)

[11:08:51] A large heavy sword almost as tall as a ten year old child. This is a supreme example of the item, with fine details and slick design. It has a benevolent aura. It could be improved with a lump.

[11:08:51] You can barely make out the signature of its maker, 'Noizhead'.

All of that said, this is the one time that I've had an item upgrade from one level of rarity to another, and I have experienced hundreds of failed "drumrolls" with all manner of rare items. Trying to force a rarity upgrade on an item that is already rare strikes me as folly.

Edited by Noizhead

Good to know bubba. And yeah, I'm still not wasting my time imping all rares with the objective of getting a supreme. Even with the prospect of it turning supreme or fantastic it still seems like a huge waste of time.

i imped a nonrare to supreme twice

i imped a nonrare to supreme twice

And that answers the question how?

It's possible to improve a non rare direct to supreme. I wouldn't be surprised if you "failed" the drumroll on those rare items because you just turned the rare item rare.

I other words there might be no higher chance to get supreme if you start with a rare.

It's possible to improve a non rare direct to supreme. I wouldn't be surprised if you "failed" the drumroll on those rare items because you just turned the rare item rare.

I other words there might be no higher chance to get supreme if you start with a rare.

If that's true imping rares is a waste of drumrolls, you'd be better off imping non-rares then. Since you could end up with two rare longswords, or a supreme and a rare...instead of just one.