Sign in to follow this  
Taxton

Rare Item Reports

I got a rare stone altar to Vynora.  It was normal, but improved to be rare ~q40 using normal items to imp it.

I imped a sailboat to rare a couple weeks ago, looks the same.

[01:11:26] A low stone fountain with a basin wide enough to sit in. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 77.89801, Dam: 0.0.

I don't remember if the fountain created rare or if it became rare from improvement. It has a pulsating low level glowing effect and that makes it stand out in the dark.

I've also made some simple crafting materials like bricks, shards, dirt, strings.

I think it should be when you create something with a rare simple resource, the resource is fully used up and you get your standard 50% of making a rare complex item. Rare resources just make it so you don't have to make your item at that magic moment. Improvement with rare resources would need to be different so we can't easily make existent items rare.

If this was so you'd be able to create rare guard towers all the time. As it is now there's a computed % of all the items required to create the item instead of 50%.

When you improve stuff it's also a percentage chance when the item is used up. But it's not 50% because then you'd buy 5 rare lumps and have rare swords in a jiffy so it's a lot lower.

But is it still only once an hour that something can go rare? or is that you have a 50% chance to get something rare in THAT hour? meaning you could go an hour without making something rare since u rolled a 1-49 for that entire hour. Sorry if im behind on the logic  :-\

I've made a few charcoal piles with rare dirt.  Only 1 has become a rare charcoal pile.  From that I got 1 rare charcoal.

I've made a few charcoal piles with rare dirt.  Only 1 has become a rare charcoal pile.  From that I got 1 rare charcoal.

i made a rare charcoal pile from no rare items luckily :P

the total yield was 6/7 rare charcoal, 4/5 rare ash and 2 rare tar :D

As for the time issue: it seems to me like the hour Rolf relates to is not 60 minutes of idle game time or the hour between 15:00 and 16:00, but rather action time, aka making 600 items with 6 second timers. (the actual numbers is probably less to account for necessary brakes)

Which actually makes sense, otherwise you could make 10 items, one every hour and get about 5 rares.

The reason I came to that conclusion:

I spend more than 10 hours terraforming, I spend a lot of that time just runing around and dropping dirt, but I had an roughly even distribution of digging dirt and cutting stone during that time and I haven't produced a single rare in all that time.

However in not even a whole hour of constant woodcutting I created two rares.

As for the time issue: it seems to me like the hour Rolf relates to is not 60 minutes of idle game time or the hour between 15:00 and 16:00, but rather action time, aka making 600 items with 6 second timers. (the actual numbers is probably less to account for necessary brakes)

Which actually makes sense, otherwise you could make 10 items, one every hour and get about 5 rares.

The reason I came to that conclusion:

I spend more than 10 hours terraforming, I spend a lot of that time just runing around and dropping dirt, but I had an roughly even distribution of digging dirt and cutting stone during that time and I haven't produced a single rare in all that time.

However in not even a whole hour of constant woodcutting I created two rares.

I agree with what you're thinking. I have even gone so far as to create two rares within five minutes of eachother  during constant digging for a major project.

I'm mining tunel now. And what I saw were rare rock shards in pairs. Whole day nothing and then rare rock shard and another one in 5-7 minutes. This same scenario happened to me 3 days in line. Bad thing is, that rare shards have close to none use. Only utmost quality I can imagine as nice rare whetstones ...

My last guard tower I imped to 60+ using only rare shards and I have nice vanilla tower :(

If only I can damage it back to ql10 and imped it again and again :P

Not sure if anyone's mentioned, but I can confirm a supreme toolbelt has 2 extra slots. Now to imp it another 8 points to get to 11 slots :D

Not sure if anyone's mentioned, but I can confirm a supreme toolbelt has 2 extra slots. Now to imp it another 8 points to get to 11 slots :D

O_O

wtb fantastic toolbelt

Sadly I was informed by Budda that the client only supports up to 10 slots. At least I can stop imping it :P

What's the deal with rare items and the drumroll? I've had quite a few drumrolls lately and no rares from them. It seems like there's the first chance to get the rare item chance, then the rare item chance determines whether it's a failure to rare, rare, supreme, or fantastic.

What's the deal with rare items and the drumroll? I've had quite a few drumrolls lately and no rares from them. It seems like there's the first chance to get the rare item chance, then the rare item chance determines whether it's a failure to rare, rare, supreme, or fantastic.

As I see it, stone shard, log, dirt, clay I get rare or supreme on every drums. But while improving, drums do not work for me any more. I have 2 or 3 drums per day working on carpentry/smithing, successful improve and none rare :(

And these rare materials? It is as usefull as any other no rare ones. I'm thinking of use low ql to Refresh (not tested suc any yet). Higher ql ones I will use to my work with the same chance (none) of rareing product as with common materials

Yesterday I mined diamond, full QL and next I get drums ... that I call bad luck, another useless rare rock shard :wacko:

As far as I have been told the drumroll is an indication that a window of time has opened in which you can make a rare item it doesnt mean you have just made a rare item. There is a 50% chance at making a rare item I beleive once you hear the drumroll.

As far as I have been told the drumroll is an indication that a window of time has opened in which you can make a rare item it doesnt mean you have just made a rare item. There is a 50% chance at making a rare item I beleive once you hear the drumroll.

Yes. This 50% theory was maybe true in very begining of RARE history, but ... not now anymore.

Gathering sources I do not remember to hear drums and not obtain rare one. This in my math is 100%

On the other hand, creating or improving things brings me none rare for few last weeks even when I heard drums and finished that operation successfuly. Approximately 30-40 opportunities with none rare. This I see as 0% or very close to 0%.

It is too much fails to just call it bad luck. As 3 fails in line after nearly 600 successfully created pegs with 99% success chance, what happened to me once.

Previously, I produced a lot of rare pegs and 1 rare imperial lamp and then, after some tweaks it stopped.

But yes, average between 100 and 0 is 50. So there is still 50% chance to make rare while you hear drums :P

Edited by Zakerak

[20:45:37] A dark green, blue and black opal. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item.

I was mining and saw rare rock shards and a rare opal pop out at the same exact time.

Incidentally, does anyone know what a 58.37ql rare opal is worth? :D

Just made a rare mooring rope 60.77 ql, whats strange is I made it from 59.77ql wemp, it gained 1q :o

I noticed that with Ropemaking as well, using 40 QL wemp, low ropemaking and low QL rope tool i have only been able to make 24QL ropes at the most, made a rare Thick Rope that was 40.92QL. I think the rare quality has odds of the item being a better QL than you could normally make.

Why is this even possible? I was tempering a shovel and got the drum-roll.

I was excited, but then It turned out that the water instead had become rare somehow.

Why.jpg

• Like 1

Because the way the game mechanics sees it, your putting the tool into water, rather than pouring water onto the tool. (where you use a hammer on the shovel rather than use the shovel on the hammer).

You can check this by enchants - enchants on water do not work, such as wind of ages. It infact uses the enchant of the tool you are improving. So if the shovel has woa the action will be faster.

Some tools, presumably those that are used on materials, create +1 max QL items. Pickaxes and probably shovels and hatchets don't work this way (although I think they should).

Because the way the game mechanics sees it, your putting the tool into water, rather than pouring water onto the tool. (where you use a hammer on the shovel rather than use the shovel on the hammer).

You can check this by enchants - enchants on water do not work, such as wind of ages. It infact uses the enchant of the tool you are improving. So if the shovel has woa the action will be faster.

From what I've seen discussed and from evidence, is that water's enchants only work when used with cloth tailoring activities, but not smithing.

Also, I set out to make a rare forge today (because I had deluded myself into thinking I could) so I grab my 4 rare bricks and 1 supreme brick, some regular bricks, and some regular clay, and set off...

I started using a stone brick on clay, drumroll, unfinished regular forge. I added the rest of the regular items, saving the 4 rare and 1 supreme for last.. every time I added another rare brick on, I would get a drumroll (never got drumroll for regular items). Once I got to the supreme brick (last material for the forge) I again received a drumroll, but the finished forge was regular (boohoo :().

Just thought I'd mention that.

Rare grooming brushes seem to damage 12.5% less than regular grooming brushes at the same QL.

After grooming 20 times with each brush, starting with full stamina each time, the regular grooming brush had taken 12.5% more damage. The timers were the same (or within .1 seconds of each other).

gxLPI.jpg

While testing this with a rare and regular rope tool at the same ql, the rare was taking slightly less damage, but not as noticeable a difference as between grooming brushes.

Managed to get a rare forge by improving today, I've imped it to the maximum level that I can with my currently available materials (@64 QL - 72 mason with 63 mining skill). Can't test much but it was able to heat some low quality lump at what seemed to be a faster than normal rate. I'm in the middle of a move from one deed to another, too many things to do to focus on experimentation right now.