Sign in to follow this  
Taxton

Rare Item Reports

[20:40:37] Comfortable and endurable leg protection made from drake hide. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. Colors: R=255, G=255, B=255. It could be improved with a drake hide. It will drop on the ground if you log out in enemy player presence.

[20:40:37] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Smeaga.n'.

;D

Woah woah. Not only does it have to be imped with drake, it also drops if you log out near enemies? O.O

Epic phail.

Woah woah. Not only does it have to be imped with drake, it also drops if you log out near enemies? O.O

Epic phail.

That's epic for you. Happens with all drake items.

[06:04:21] A few small and fragile lock picks with various grooves and notches. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is very warm.

[06:04:21] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  '.av..esch.....'.

46ql

Heh, made a "rare" unfinished support beam today from low QL mats. Upon completion it was a "rare" support beam. Applied it to the mine wall and it showed up as a regular reinforced mine wall. Woop-dee-doo.....

=Ayes=

[06:04:21] A few small and fragile lock picks with various grooves and notches. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is very warm.

[06:04:21] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  '.av..esch.....'.

46ql

Aww, I made several hundred of those and didn't get a rare (about 4 hours of work and upwards to 1000 of them). XD

I was skilling rope making, and made a rare 22ql bow string. hehe. I sure wont use it... but I have saved it!  ;D

Anyone have any luck with making stuff out of a rare rock shard and having it turn into a rare item?

Anyone have any luck with making stuff out of a rare rock shard and having it turn into a rare item?

As it is now you have the same chance as normal to create a rare item using rare rocks, logs, etc. However if you improve with the rare item you have a "very seldom" chance of it transferring the rare property. More info covered here by rolf himself

http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=72444.0

Finally....hours and hours later we have a first rare for me!!  ;D

[07:44:45] A huge spiked heavy clump of metal on a shaft. You'll need both hands free to wield this one. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is glowing from the heat. You will want to polish the large maul with a pelt before you improve it.

[07:44:45] Wind of ages has been cast on it, so it will be quicker to use. [92]

[07:44:45] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Uberkn.t'.

The Large Maul had just passed QL 70 while imping if that matters.

[12:20:00] A long and slender sword. This is a supreme example of the item, with fine details and slick design. It could be improved with a lump.

Got a rare leather jacket. Tried to stud it and now I have a normal leather jacket.  :-\

Got a rare leather jacket. Tried to stud it and now I have a normal leather jacket.  :-\

That's sad, but good to know...

Rare Unfinished Stone Bench  8)

Do i get a normal one if it finishes or does it stay rare? Guess it goes normal :(

Do i get a normal one if it finishes or does it stay rare? Guess it goes normal :(

As far as I know a rare bench, because unfinished items are just the same item in a different state. Studded leather loses its rarity because leather armor is used as a material in their creation.

I know some f you mentioned when you put rare items in a BSB they lose rarity, is this only when combined with other non-rare items in the BSB, if the item is the only brick, does it remain rare fore example?

Also, something that requires testing,

When you make a bed for example, the wood type if the foot board effects the wood type of the finished bed.

Would the same apply to rareness, attaching the QL governing, or wood type governing piece as a rare could cause the finished item to become rare.

Similar theory with a guard tower, attaching a rare brick as the last one = rare guard tower?

As far as I know a rare bench, because unfinished items are just the same item in a different state. Studded leather loses its rarity because leather armor is used as a material in their creation.

Well, i still have to attach 1 clay to finish it, thats the problem :)

I know some f you mentioned when you put rare items in a BSB they lose rarity, is this only when combined with other non-rare items in the BSB, if the item is the only brick, does it remain rare fore example?

Can't put rares in a BSB.

...etc...

There's a chance that using a rare material to build it will turn the item into a rare.

Well, i still have to attach 1 clay to finish it, thats the problem :)

Judging from the mechanics that should just give you a rare stone bench really. It's not like the unfinished stone bench is a material, it's the item you made except in unfinished state.

Just made a rare mooring rope 60.77 ql, whats strange is I made it from 59.77ql wemp, it gained 1q  :o

Just out of interest, has anyone proven one way or the other if rare materials have a higher chance of producing a rare item? It seems from what I have read others say that there is almost no increased chance. It could be that rare materials have no advantage coded in for them yet. Which means creating a rare item doesn't require rare materials, just luck. I have collected several rare materials and have been saving them in my chests, but am I just wasting space?

fwiw, i created 30 needles from a rare lump w none being rare, i then used the remaining material from my 4 rare iron lumps to imp a variety of vanilla tools, w none becoming rare also.

Chance seems very very low if there is one

[01:11:26] A low stone fountain with a basin wide enough to sit in. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 77.89801, Dam: 0.0.

I don't remember if the fountain created rare or if it became rare from improvement. It has a pulsating low level glowing effect and that makes it stand out in the dark.

I've also made some simple crafting materials like bricks, shards, dirt, strings.

I think it should be when you create something with a rare simple resource, the resource is fully used up and you get your standard 50% of making a rare complex item. Rare resources just make it so you don't have to make your item at that magic moment. Improvement with rare resources would need to be different so we can't easily make existent items rare.

It already is extremely hard to get a rare item through Improving, so i think its fine as is.