Sign in to follow this  
Taxton

Rare Item Reports

The only point I was trying to make is that a system that encourages people to spam items...will encourage people to spam items.

I think in 3 weeks we'll all have so many rare items they'll not be so rare.

The cooldown timer will drastically dictate the numbers of rarity. That alone will discourage spamming.

Then theres getting into decay and storage issues. Materials put into bins are stripped of their rarity. Only items of similar rarity have been successfully combined.

Last but not least is the probability of getting rarity. We all know from personal experience how bad it is to create something even with 99%... suddenly people are worried about being overrun with a 50% ...?  ::)

I made a rare pickaxe last night, here's my tests from today...

normal 80ql pickaxe:              5.1, 5.5, 7.2, 7.7, 8.1

rare 80ql pickaxe :                5.0, 5.0, 5.1, 6.8, 7.2

my pickaxe (87ql 90woa):      4.0, 4.3, 5.6, 6.0, 6.3

these are 5 consecutive actions on an iron vein with 93 mining skill

i gave the rare pick a nice 70woa cast: 3.9, 4.2, 5.5, 5.9, 6.2

O.o that's a nice pickaxe you have there.

The only point I was trying to make is that a system that encourages people to spam items...will encourage people to spam items.

I think in 3 weeks we'll all have so many rare items they'll not be so rare.

I just read Manny's post with the % chance of getting a rare item. I didn't see that before I made my previous two points.

3000 whetstones later...

Here's some info to stop people from spamming items:

[20:36:34] <Manny> mass spamming items will have little effect on your chance of getting a rare item

[20:38:34] <Manny> thorgot: the amount of chances is time-based

ORLY

yea would of been nice to know b4 all the spamming :P wts 600 80+ql whetstones lol

btw, what will now be the pricing for these 'rare' items?

+25% normal sell price? ???

Based on the above tests it appears that Enchants stack with the rarity bonus ... now the question would be do the other rarity versions bypass the speed reduction cap or is this going to be a case of 50Q 50WoA 3rd tier Rare being as fast as the norm 90Q/100woa ...  3.0, 3.0, 3.0, 3.0 for either version.  Please tell me this has been fully thought through and not just a easier way to get to the timer caps  :-\

[18:43:07] <Devo> [13:43:12] A thick clump of large cubic grey metallic crystals. This is a supreme example of the item, with fine details and slick design.

Had this today. Lead ore.

This lead vein is 80-94ql and it gave out 2 more rare ores in one session. The guy who mined it has 77 mining... does this means that higher stats beforehand give out more rare stuff? Somebody with 52 mining mining 48ql shard only got one rare shard in the double the amount of time.

The chance is 50% to get one in a certain time frame. So that's well within the normal ranges.

[18:43:07] <Devo> [13:43:12] A thick clump of large cubic grey metallic crystals. This is a supreme example of the item, with fine details and slick design.

This lead vein is 80-94ql and it gave out 2 more rare ores in one session. The guy who mined it has 77 mining... does this means that higher stats beforehand give out more rare stuff? Somebody with 52 mining mining 48ql shard only got one rare shard in the double the amount of time.

Nah I mined hundreds of lead on Epic never saw one rare. 76 mining.  Matter of fact hours and hours of doing things like creating, mining, imping, etc.  I have yet to see a rare.

Nah I mined hundreds of lead on Epic never saw one rare. 76 mining.  Matter of fact hours and hours of doing things like creating, mining, imping, etc.  I have yet to see a rare.

Anyone seen a rare on Epic? I mined for hours, and made locks for hours, no rares.

instead of the 50% chance of one rare per hour, it should be per day.  Wurmians can be very persistent and rare items will become common eventually, I would prefer the rare items to be less available and require more specialization in what sort of rare items you want to collect.

instead of the 50% chance of one rare per hour, it should be per day.  Wurmians can be very persistent and rare items will become common eventually, I would prefer the rare items to be less available and require more specialization in what sort of rare items you want to collect.

It can't be 50% for 1 time per hour because the facts are I have played many hours used all the sleep bonus too ( 10 hours ) and have yet to see one of these rare items.  Unless of course I am just unlucky flipping this rare coin....In that case when I finally do see one I'll let you know.

I'm curious to see if this has been changed since release. The day of the patch I went out and grinded woodcutting and got 5 rare  logs on Epic. 2 of 1ql, 1 of 20ql, and 2 of ~45 ql. mix of pine and cedar. 

I went out logging yesterday for a similar amount of time and got no rare logs, but that might just be luck.

The rare logs to date have yet to yield any rare items however. I made 18 bows in a row and got nothing. Then another 9 bows by only making 1 bow at a time spaced out (when i log on, before i log off, etc) and still haven't made a single rare item from them. I'm saving what remains of my last 2 in my inventory for now until more info comes out on how they work. other people have reported getting rare items from rare mats so it might be dependent on skill level (mine is still low) or they could be making changes on epic as others have pointed out.

Hope this change is still here tomorrow...kinda like it.

[20:04:11] A strong spring capable of generating a severe punch when unleashed. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

I got a rare felled tree (cedarwood), when chopped up the last log became a rare log (16kg).

Rare leather glove + iron rivets = regular studded leather glove

just so you know.

I got a rare felled tree (cedarwood), when chopped up the last log became a rare log (16kg).

I had a rare felled tree today. And like you, my last log was rare as well. I wonder if possibly the last log just carries the rare tag by default? It would be interesting to see more information about peoples' experiences with the rare felled tree.

Imped saw and at 80ql it turned to rare, imped it to 84ql and then brought it for priest to enchant. Coc62 + Woa89 first casts, my face hurts for smiling so broad now. ;)

The timers are curious when sawing planks;

4.4s, 4.6s, 4.8s, 6.2s, 6.5s

4th action has big increase.

Hull planks (since I have low shipbuilding);

6.6s, 7.1s, 9.3s, 10.0s, 10.7s

3rd action has bigger increase.