Sign in to follow this  
Taxton

Rare Item Reports

I must say i'm surprised a rare pick is worth .1s faster timer :^)

Patch notes said supreme item saccing skillgains were nerfed -- what were they like? I had no idea they had such an effect, shoulda sacced those rock shards instead of letting 'em rot. lol

I have a supreme longsword and i noticed that it takes less damage then a regular one. Not sure how less as i didnt test it. Now if it were only steel...

does combining 2 rare items preserve their rareity?

so then icant use my 2 .2kg rare string to make a rare square of cloth :(

so then icant use my 2 .2kg rare string to make a rare square of cloth :(

But you might be able to make a rare loom.

I can confirm the making of a rare loom.

It became rare whilst I was imping it, just using normal materials.

I have yet to test the effect this has on the looms production abilities.

[08:42:06] A forge made from stone bricks and clay, intended for smelting and smithing. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 70.66762, Dam: 0.0.

[08:42:14] A forge made from stone bricks and clay, intended for smelting and smithing. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 70.632286, Dam: 0.0.

Lighting one after the other for speed tests.

Placed 55ql lumps of coal in one directly after the other, which took 1 second, and then going by looking at heat indicator and counting in my head, i found that the rare forge heated the lump to glowing approximatly 4 seconds faster. Stupidly i forgot to test how long it actually took

Second test was with 69.49ql ores. I placed one in the normal forge followed by one in the rare forge 2 seconds after. 3 seconds after the rare forge turned to lump, the normal forge did, which is about 5 seconds total difference. The total melting time was about 2:30 seconds, which is about 3% improvement.

I missed the burnout times of the forges though, as i was going by the visual state, which didn't update when the forges went out.

Edited by sneakey pete

I think I had a supreme brick or shard or something once, so I think there is a small chance of going straight to supreme but I suspect most go rare then supreme.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I think I had a supreme brick or shard or something once, so I think there is a small chance of going straight to supreme but I suspect most go rare then supreme.

No, I honestly think it's just a reroll if anything. You get a set percentage chance per each roll to produce a rare/supreme/fantastic. I mean, I have dug both rare and supreme sand before.

Some tools, presumably those that are used on materials, create +1 max QL items. Pickaxes and probably shovels and hatchets don't work this way (although I think they should).

I can confirm that both hatchets and spindles can give +1 max ql items

I improved a chain jacket straight from normal to supreme, it switched somewhere around 36ql. I did not use any rare materials or tools on it. Also, improved a chain gauntlet to rare using no rare items. I then got another drumroll on the same gauntlet, using no rare items. However, I failed to improve and the item stayed rare. I did create two rare planks, a rare brick, and a supreme brick while spamming (for payment). I also got many drumrolls on floorboards, at least 3 within 2 hours, and 2 of them were about 5-7 minutes apart. I have received many rare ore and shards while mining. I have two rare arrow shafts, one given to me by my brother, the other I do not recall how I received it. I will probably spam arrow heads until I get a rare, wait an hour, then repeat for another rare, and then attempt rare arrows, and I will report on them here.

Not true about combining. When you combine a rare and non rare item you have a chance for it to remain rare but it is not 100%. Tested many times.

Made supreme great helm while improving it, from normal great helm straight to supreme;

6cc2218bc70649d791fca6a.png

The action when this happened was using normal tool.

Edited by Raybarg

Made supreme great helm while improving it ...

grats

Do you know, you can sacrifice supreme thing to get Refresh and some tiny bonus in random skill? I think this time you will not use this possibility :D

Btw, yesterday I "produced" (and wrapped for later use) 7 rare dirts. A lot of Refresh spells :P

Drumroll on a supreme arrow and the improving action failed. Ouch! lol

Drumroll on a supreme arrow and the improving action failed. Ouch! lol

Ouch, that sucks.

Has anyone managed to get a fantastic item yet?

Ouch, that sucks.

Has anyone managed to get a fantastic item yet?

Someone reported sacrificing one for .9 stone chisel skill (3.0 to 3.9, though) according to Malcom on the wiki.

53ql Supreme dirt:

[00:24:53] Vynora kindly accepts your offerings.

[00:24:53] Ropemaking increased by 0.0876 to 12.462

and refreshed.

Not really something new, but I'm pleased with it:

as2J5.png

Oh I have a fantastic item. No way I'd sac it lol. I'll get a screenshot of my collection sometime I guess...

Those skillgains seem to be minor indeed.

Looks like a single skill tick for both the supreme and fantastic item.

Edited by Keldun