Sign in to follow this  
Taxton

Rare Item Reports

Hello,

I'm very eager to get as much information as possible compiled on the new Rare item feature so I decided to create a thread for reports. Preliminarily, I'm just trying to figure out how rare these items are, and what items can be rare but feel free to provide as much information that you can along with screen shots if at all possible. Also, post the results of any studies or experiments that you undertake as well, regardless if you come up with a rare, simply to get a better grasp on rarity or what rare items are capable of.

Thanks,

Taxton

Here's some info to stop people from spamming items:

[20:36:34] <Manny> mass spamming items will have little effect on your chance of getting a rare item

[20:38:34] <Manny> thorgot: the amount of chances is time-based

Hmm, in that case i better dump in the trash bin the insane amount of swords I made already. About this timer, played time or time imping?

3000 whetstones later...

Here's some info to stop people from spamming items:

[20:36:34] <Manny> mass spamming items will have little effect on your chance of getting a rare item

[20:38:34] <Manny> thorgot: the amount of chances is time-based

ORLY

rare stone shard, ql 47, looked like a normal stone shard. I tried it out and threw it into a bsb with other, normal stone shards to see, if it stays rare. It didn't. So never throw it to normal items if you want to keep it rare;)

Rare brick!!

When you BSB something it loses the "rare" status.

I imped one of my oak spindles into a rare one today. The second it passed 79.5QL coincidentally.

Now at 80QL and in queue for enchanting for private use ;D

I think rarimping (making something rare by imping) should be disallowed. Unless the chance to get a rare item by imping is waaaaaay lower than by creating.

As in... people imp anyway, right?

Rare brick!!

Just curious, was the rare brick called "rare brick" or was it just called "brick". Also, did it make its own category in your inventory or did it just fall in line with all of the other bricks?

I'm trying to get as much information together to put on the wiki to answer the same questions that keep popping up over and over in freedom chat.

Rare brick!!

Just curious, was the rare brick called "rare brick" or was it just called "brick". Also, did it make its own category in your inventory or did it just fall in line with all of the other bricks?

I'm trying to get as much information together to put on the wiki to answer the same questions that keep popping up over and over in freedom chat.

They are named things like 'rare brick', so you will always notice them

the rare rock shard i got fell extra into the rock pile. The graphics of the pile did not change(not like when a gem drops in and it changes to item pile) but i had another category in the pile. The first category was the rock shards with the number, as always, and below(exact the behaviour of a gem dropping) was the rare rock shard listed, and it had this name too, "rare rock shard".

And i heared drums as it dropped ! :)

Was there an event message or was it the same as usual?

So 'rare' seems to be fairly common, I see several saying they have rare tools in kchat too (one guy has a rare hullplank, lol).  Anyone tested them to see why they are rare?  And Rolf mentioned 3 classes, rare, supreme, and fantastic.  Anyone seen an item with a higher status than rare yet?

So 'rare' seems to be fairly common, I see several saying they have rare tools in kchat too (one guy has a rare hullplank, lol). Anyone tested them to see why they are rare?  And Rolf mentioned 3 classes, rare, supreme, and fantastic.  Anyone seen an item with a higher status than rare yet?

Well, they have the same speed and take the same amount of damage as regular items when used, (80QL spindles used as example) so that can be eliminated..

Was there an event message or was it the same as usual?

no event message.

I want a rare compass that points at the nearest enemy player  :)

Rare Longsword created, was 24th outa 55 Longswords I made last night. I can confirm it does play sound when a rare is made and does stack differently. Food for thought does skill also factor into the % chance?

Unfinished Rare Saw made.

On finishing became a "rare saw, iron", stacks seperately to other saws.

Same timers as a standard saw of equivalent ql.

Same chance on creating items as a standard saw.

A saw, good for creating and sawing planks. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item.

Of course, "rare" items will not seem so rare at first. But considering their impact on anything is rather low and there's still two more steps of "rareness" which will even be rarer than rare, we can be pretty sure that the highest ranking items will, indeed, be very rare.

I see the items like this,

White - Common

Blue - Rare

Yellow - Supreme ?

Gold - Fantastic

So for anyone who has played MMO's you know I stole that from somewhere but you know those blue items are really pretty common. Its now getting those other 2. My question is does it have to go rare to get to supreme and fantastic or can it go straight to?

When you improved the oak spindle you were using regular (non rare) materials correct? I've had a big question as to if you need to improve them with rare materials to get the chance of it to become a rarity. Also-does it seem to not affect anyting if it gains the "rare" status? Or is it simply only implimented on a few items that it gets a change so far. (Ex: Rolf metioned guard towers, so more than likely if you get a rare guard tower it would work correctly and spawn more guards. Maybe same thing for weapons & armor)

A regular Iron Longsowrd was changed into a Rare Iron Longsword while imping it. It maintained its quality, enchants, and signature for those curious. Was imping it around 80QL when it changed.

Made myself a rare toolbelt when imping about 5 of them to 60QL, doesn't seem to do anything, should have an extra slot or something.

The rare Two Handed Sword i made just became even better.

After a first cast of 61 followed by 5 frowns, i improved it to...

[20:22:43] A large heavy sword almost as tall as a ten year old child. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[20:22:43] Nimbleness has been cast on it, so it increase the chance to hit. [100]

It's possible that items without obvious benefits from rareness might have wear reduction, or perhaps even hidden stats due to rareness?  Perhaps rare chain or plate will encumber less, resulting in faster movement, or reduced effects from leg wounds?

We all know how Rolf likes his suprise variables, lol.