Sign in to follow this  
Nithhogr

Virus checker doesn't like todays patch.

Norton 360 doesn't like rtp_splitter.dll form the path and has deleted it.

Threat name: Suspicious.Cloud.7.EP

Thats why i dont use Norton. it even "finds" suspicions in Genuine Microsoft installation files...

I believe I am like most people who play the game and dont have alott of insight into code.

I share this computer with my GF and we boath go to secure sites.

With norton it is listed as "Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics. "

Just a guess. It sounds to me like the norton system does not know the specific file in question but sees its' actions as one that would or could be used to install virus like actions.

Again I dont know code but I believe I remember a warning like this the first time I installed the game.

It must be that the game uses Java and any internet connect to its files would seem like a risk to norton.

Nod32 don't complain, and I trust it totally ;)

Norton tend to not like things it cant recognize that do something with the computer, as intended or not.

http://www.isthisfilesafe.com/sha1/DE9EF6560619F1038F7D92CF7EC2A5F19BCE2D22_details.aspx

http://systemexplorer.net/db/rtp_splitter.dll.html

Re-scanned with nod and nothing.

Try upload it to a free online virus scanner and check it there if your still unsure.

Surprised that everyone hasn't learned to NOT use Norton (Symantec) products already.

Just use the free scanners, like M$'s own or AVG or whatever they are called. Norton is nothing but a big virus itself.