Sign in to follow this  
impendent

Salem Beta Signups

I just signed up using Elwood's link (before you had posted Zadar). I think we should mention which we used so we can track who's got their 3 referrals and who hasn't.

Anyway, here's mine: http://beta.salemthegame.com/?ref=8e2b9c60c2d

I currently need 2 more referees. :)

This game sounds very cool, I can't wait to try it out.

I only need 1 more referee! Let me know if you use my link so I don't hog any more than I need, please.

Signed up.

Here's mine: http://beta.salemthegame.com/users/confirm?ref=95069293501

Just need 2 more now, thanks.

I've already got my referral numbers thanks to the wife and a few non-gamer (but understanding friends).  I was wondering if there were anyone interested in getting a Wurm village together during the beta?

I'd be all for doing a wurm village!

Also did any of you guys get like a confirm message? I supposedly got the numbers but worried cause no message about it or anything.

I'd be all for doing a wurm village!

Also did any of you guys get like a confirm message? I supposedly got the numbers but worried cause no message about it or anything.

I also supposedly got the numbers with no confirmation message.

Salem comming out in about 3-7 days

And im up for a wurm village

but no offence unless your an HnH pro you are going to get dominated lol

anyone have any questions about the game?

i got to play the Alpha for about 2 hours, and its Juss freaking like HnH with more features

i can give you tips about Crucial things that people from HnH wont know about until its too late

Salem comming out in about 3-7 days

And im up for a wurm village

but no offence unless your an HnH pro you are going to get dominated lol

anyone have any questions about the game?

i got to play the Alpha for about 2 hours, and its Juss freaking like HnH with more features

i can give you tips about Crucial things that people from HnH wont know about until its too late

I have a few questions

Hows the game like? ( basicly everything about it that you know )

First and mainly, Its a permadeath game

You can spend 3 months getting a high level, and die and have to start over at level one.

Most of this early version of the game will consist of farming, Killing, and foraging

Foraging is where you go search different terrains to find things of use

Its the most fun, most rewarding job, but also the most dangerous, since people PK foragers since they are rich

_____

Day 1 should happen like this

Make a Throwaway character, Test the soil Quality everywhere until you find something 60 + That is where your farm will go.

Check For clay that you find thats 60+ and CLAIM IT, so it cant be stolen. This game revolves around resources, and wars will break out for them.

-

To be "end game material" you will need the following

High quality tree farm,

High QL clay

High QL farm

1 miner

1 hunter

1 cook

2 farmers

1 forager

Thats is the absolute minimum to being in a "top notch village"

__

Alliances will be formed, The Weak But rich, will give cheap deals to the Poor but powerful to create a mutual bond, I help you with money, you help me from raiders type thing

__

Enemies of the american language include

Russians & Koreans kill any english speaking person they see on sight

The poland horde kill everyone they see on sight, (Not all apply, some are peaceful, im talking about the major factions of these ethnic groups)

__

People you want to mention when your being attacked

say this

"I am friends with Ainran (Major English faction From HnH, They  will think your from HnH and might spare you"

Or

I am Vigilance ( and or TheTylerLee's) ######, dont kill me

____

Never kill anyone in a trade

This game has no rules, But even the most hardcore raiders dont kill traders

Trade is sacred.

Dont sell your Enemies items that Give them "Experience"

__

Quality is the only thing that matters in this game, there isnt a wide variety of items in this game, BUT

The main thing is Quality, This game is literaly a Race to the highest QL

__

a strong offence in the benning will give you a headstart, The first 1-2 months of the world will be the most chaotic, there will be no alliances, it will be a KILL EVERYONE who isnt your friend type game mode

You dont want to die in the first 2 months if you want to be the best player.

so use Alt accounts to do things that are unsafe. Like forage , or fish.

Thats all i can think of the top of my head, if you want to know anything more specific lemme know

Got my confirmation email about an hour ago.  :)

For having recruited three fellow charter colonists for the advancement of, and future settlement in, The King's colonies in the New World, you are yourself hereby granted privileged passage to the New World upon company ships set to depart for New-England-o'er-the-Seas in this late April, barring accidents of weather, navigation and pirates. Further instructions will be provided to you per e-mail as the date of departure approaches.

In short: Congratulations, you are in the Salem Beta.

Got my confirm email, I love perma death games in an odd way, way excited :D

I'm Gwydion, hit me up.

I have no idea what I'm doing, other than lagging.

I didn't, but now I sort of do, though I've reached a stage where I can't seem to be able to level up any more skills, and I've walked all the way across the map from Boston ^^'

There are 3 intro videos on the Paradox youtube account, but the guy's voice annoyed me. Maybe it'll help :P