Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Chaos suggestion

I'm not for or against a new map, but if there was a new one I don't think it should be smaller IF there were no huge mountainchains blocking of parts of the map.

On relative flat terrain traveling doesn't take that much time, just the mountains are annoying to get around/trough.

having new map is always fun, but im against it, its just a temporary solution and we will be in the same point in a year or two.

I can agree for scheduled resets every few months or years, but not if we are going to do it once, right now, just to fix the current problems because it wont fix anything.

A map reset would fix the map technical problems.

what problems??

If we get a smaller map, with less annoying mountains etc, we won't have the same problems in a year again.

yea, we will have other problems: small, easy to travel map means a decent group can do a massive dmg in short amount of time and ppl will complain again.

if someone doesnt like mountains it doesnt mean its a problem especially since ppl are living on them, have deeds not to mention some raids happened there so they arent so bad

I would ask that this not get rushed into.  I think it could greatly affect players that are now on Chaos and are happy with the way it is.  From my short time back people have been friendly and helpful.

This will dramatically change things!  So take your time with this one.  Make sure everyone understands and can prepare.  Either by leaving or getting ready.

I am not against PvP returning at some point.  I would enjoy having to look over my shoulder again someday.  I am not sure I would like to see raiding return.  There still seem to be issues there that I am not happy with.  It is WAY too easy to smash into someones place currently.

Anyways.  Go slow and plan this out.

Turn it back to what it was. Free PvP, stealing, looting, etc!

+1

If you want wild back, Take out the fire walkers, take out the BoKs, take out the fountain backpacks, take out the things that turn off new players, just because they weren't around for Overpowered gifts and exploited (not as intended) items that should of been removed doesn't make it appealing, or consistent fun.

You can't complain about wild failing because tbh you guys made it fail, you say you want competition but you won't give the new (average/casual) player a fighting chance.

Your skills in fighting are impressive and you spent a lot of time building them up, but the time it takes the new player to be roughly where you are, will take so long by that time, you'll still be so far ahead in body stats, that 70/70/70 doesn't really matter.

Like in real life the old warrior's should become that, old. they've seen battle, and now it's time for them to die. because that's what happens in life. It's like saying if some great general or warrior was still around today, they would be so powerful and knowledgeable that the new fighter/warrior/general wouldn't stand a chance because the other guy has been around for thousands of years and has worked his skills and stats so high that it's nearly impossible to catch up.

possibly add in some sort of heritage line, where you can take a set amount of skills/affinity's as a new player from your old main. you'll still have an advantage over the new player, but not in every category.

take out the BoKs

No, not getting my carving/butchering knife, or my needle when I die isn't going to kill pvp.

Keep item crossing, for people like me whose only means of paying premium is selling items ingame.

Wiping skills and the map would kill what is left of wild.  I'd be gone in a flash, as would a lot of other people.  I put 4 years into getting where I am and simply cannot warrant doing it again, knowing nothing will change.

Many of us stuck with Wild because it's "home" for us, and have no desire to reskill toons or remake towns.  And skill resets and map resets would change nothing, and Epic exists for people wanting quicker gameplay and fresh starts.

Your skills in fighting are impressive and you spent a lot of time building them up, but the time it takes the new player to be roughly where you are, will take so long by that time, you'll still be so far ahead in body stats, that 70/70/70 doesn't really matter.

if i got it right, youre complaining that we are playing longer than you or just that we have higher skills than you ??  :o

Of course I can only speak for myself here, but a new set of skills isn't going to make me come back. What's the point when I have invested so much time and money into my old account already?

Im not suggesting a new set of skills. Im suggesting that you keep your skills and anything you gain over there isn't added to your skillset on freedom and vice versa.

take out the BoKs

No, not getting my carving/butchering knife, or my needle when I die isn't going to kill pvp.

I didn't say boks killed pvp, I said they are one more thing that already sets the new player behind. If you so concerned about your light weight butchering knife for a possible betterment of Wild, then maybe it does kill pvp. Your so reluctant to give up anything to make things more even, that IMO it's not worth pvp'ing or even more important playing there.

TBH I'm mostly happy on Epic minus LoP basically a ghost kingdom now. I gave some suggestions which the thread title asked for. So other then that do what ever you want on wild, bring it back to the way it was, have your old wars again, keep your low population on a humungous map, and make epic the second place you pvp. Just that isn't going to bring me back to wild, because I'm still in the same boat I was in when I first gave up trying to compete/fight with you there as MR.

I was waiting on Epic and felt that it could be my time and place to start fresh with everyone and not 4 years behind. So far I feel I'm doing pretty good there, even as one of the last pirates who dies a lot, because I'm out there looking and creating pvp.

Farwalkers gone, i can live with that, but 85% of the wild playerbase had BOKs and not once did people complain about them.

If you want wild back, Take out the fire walkers, take out the BoKs, take out the fountain backpacks, take out the things that turn off new players, just because they weren't around for Overpowered gifts and exploited (not as intended) items that should of been removed doesn't make it appealing, or consistent fun.

You can't complain about wild failing because tbh you guys made it fail, you say you want competition but you won't give the new (average/casual) player a fighting chance.

Like in real life the old warrior's should become that, old. they've seen battle, and now it's time for them to die. because that's what happens in life. It's like saying if some great general or warrior was still around today, they would be so powerful and knowledgeable that the new fighter/warrior/general wouldn't stand a chance because the other guy has been around for thousands of years and has worked his skills and stats so high that it's nearly impossible to catch up.

Those items did not kill wild. Those items were slight bonuses but they did not kill wild. The current system in place for pvp, gatehopping, etc. Killed wild. Champions, dragon hoarders, etc. Killed wild. BOKs, FW Ammys, defiantly not fountains(wtheck are you serious saying fountains killed it), did not kill wild.

Skills just takes effort. My account is fairly young, 140 some days, yet I have skills and stats matching those who have played 5 years in some cases. Its not how long you play, it is putting forth the effort. My poor alliance mates have to suffer from my constant posting up new skill gains daily. Oh look, another title! Put forth some effort.... for once. Want easy mode go to epic.

Just going to say +1 Rolf, i'd love to have a functioning wild server again.

if i got it right, youre complaining that we are playing longer than you or just that we have higher skills than you ??  :o

I'm not really trying to complain, I was trying to let you know how I feel about it and am probably not the only 1. but basically to answer your question, my answer would be both. only because the skill gain is so much slower then epic. Look at epic now, it really hasn't been out that long, their is fighting nearly every day. yet a new player can come on play regularly for a few weeks to a couple of months to be right where everyone else is, instead of a couple years to half a RL decade.

Of course I can only speak for myself here, but a new set of skills isn't going to make me come back. What's the point when I have invested so much time and money into my old account already?

Im not suggesting a new set of skills. Im suggesting that you keep your skills and anything you gain over there isn't added to your skillset on freedom and vice versa.

That doesn't make sense cause all the freedomers that have never came over here will be dropped to 1 skill. So it's the same thing as having a new set of skills.

It's a horrible idea. Skills should be left untouched, no skill reset and no new set of skills.

Those items did not kill wild. Those items were slight bonuses but they did not kill wild. The current system in place for pvp, gatehopping, etc. Killed wild. Champions, dragon hoarders, etc. Killed wild. BOKs, FW Ammys, defiantly not fountains(wtheck are you serious saying fountains killed it), did not kill wild.

I never said those items killed it if you actually read what i said. I said YOU GUYS KILLED IT. what I was saying is remove those items would be a suggestion to make things more even. not that they killed wild.

That doesn't make sense cause all the freedomers that have never came over here will be dropped to 1 skill. So it's the same thing as having a new set of skills.

It's a horrible idea. Skills should be left untouched, no skill reset and no new set of skills.

No, You're reading the wrong.

TBH it doesn't really matter what I think or say, the only reason I've gone to wild since epic was released and after it became a freedom-ish server was to catapult houses and loot stuff to sell on freedom.

I play on epic mostly, but my home freedom server is now Exodus since I left wild. Full pvp on old wild isn't going to make me come back, its got to be different and more even. otherwise you same 100 old players can continue to do that same thing you were doing before epic was released.

Enjoy your 35 players at a time on a map made for 3500, or make some real changes to what has become a joke of your played out server.

I know your frustrated but get busy living or get busy dying. so far your doing great at getting busy dying.

No, You're reading the wrong.

Then please explain it to me.

You cross over with your current skillset and any skills you gain while being over there don't get added to your skillset when you cross back over

How about not mess with skills and items, keep Chaos part of the freedom cluster? All the changes in the OP sound awesome.