Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Chaos suggestion

We can't create PMK's on Chaos because it breaks with the neighbouring freedom servers. We can however remove all penalties for attacking eachother and give battle ranks and affinities for slaying premium accounts. Alliances may look different once we get player customization stuff in place.

Also removing the requirement to declare war before raiding seems needed in order to spice things up.

The plans are to do this asap unless people who live there disagree a lot and think the current system is better.

Other suggestions that are fairly easy to code is welcome. Portals to HOTA were mentioned but that's not an easy suggestion. One way portals would be easy but I doubt they'd be much used.

The plans are to do this asap unless people who live there disagree a lot and think the current system is better.

Please do not rush it.

Free for all - no kingdoms, everyone can attack everyone with no declaration of war needed, no penalty for attacking - sounds like a good thing to try.

I know this may be the wrong place to say it, but since it's on topic about having to declare war to battle another village on the same server-no idea if it's a bug or not-but on Epic you've gotta get the other people to "accept" the war invitation, and they can decline it and never even give a chance to the offenders to battle without rep hits. Also if there was a timer thing like at the end of 24 hours, it's a war either way (if he acccepts or not) that's not working either it seems. So if you haven't had attention to this issue basically people can be untouchable via the war system at the moment.

Reads like you’re flipping Chaos back to a full blown PvP server, that’s fine I would want the Restrictions put back in place too.

Reads like you’re flipping Chaos back to a full blown PvP server, that’s fine I would want the Restrictions put back in place too.

Why?  Pointless.  The Golden Era of Wurm was when you could travel with gear intact, skills intact between servers.  Want some pvp as a home guy?  Head to wild.  Need a fishin' trip as a Wilder?  Head to Home (now Freedom) for a bit.  Why put restrictions in when the only discernible difference is pvp is allowed on Wild/Chaos?  Locking travel down will hurt both sides.  I have many friends on Wild that go to Freedom 6 times a month.  I have many friends that shuttle themselves over to Wild/Chaos now on a regular basis to get a breath of fresh air.  The only thing that would change is Chaos would be full pvp - how does that warrant any restrictions, much less restrictions gimping up the adventure and community travel aspects we are quite lucky to have atm.  Chaos goes full pvp, nothing changes on Freedom = restrictions???  Makes no sense.

1 - there are no caps like there used to be.  You can mine 99.00ql ore on Freedom just like I can on Chaos.

2 - There are no champs on Chaos.  The best priest on Chaos is now a friends Freedom priest alt.  Priests are rare as hens teeth over      here on Wild.

3 - there is equal, if not more "rare" drake type gear on Freedom.

4 - there is no more BL.  Your market will not be impacted by RT/BoTD/WA gear.  That stuff was shuffled to your servers long ago anyways.  The economy angle does not hold up and it never did.

Chaos would be Freedom with pvp enabled - why does that warrant restrictions?  I applaud the guy coming over in 95ql drake from Freedom to check out pvp, risking his gear and behind knowing there's full pvp.  That being said, he also comes here with a good chance of peeling my scaleset off my back if he plays his cards right.

Because skilling up in safety on freedom, then going to pvp with your uber skills is broken. It's a giant disadvantage to everyone living on the pvp server, and discourages living there for any period of time.

Because skilling up in safety on freedom, then going to pvp with your uber skills is broken. It's a giant disadvantage to everyone living on the pvp server, and discourages living there for any period of time.

Wrong.

People could do this anyway, through the use of portals between Wild and Independence, i see no difference other than now having a server to retreat to with loot. Ask any pvper, Stats don't mean a thing if you can't back it up with knowledge of the fighting system. I see this as a way to bringing some form of PVP back to what was once Wild and entice people to come over, You don't need scale or drake to fight well.

Don't want to fight? Don't want to die? Fight in groups, Join big towns, or live close to them. Safety in numbers..Thats the whole point of the new Alliance system, And thats how it worked, and how it always will work.

I myself will be making a return to Wild/Chaos with others that i have already recruited to be a strong fighting and raiding force should this take effect. I have been planning this for months, And when i brought this suggestion to Rolf today he liked it and wanted to see what others would think of it. And i see no harm in allowing Non prems to continue playing here, or allowing people to gain Rank and Affinities off those you kill provided they have premium, and neither did he.

Wrong.

People could do this anyway, through the use of portals between Wild and Independence, i see no difference other than now having a server to retreat to with loot. Ask any pvper, Stats don't mean a thing if you can't back it up with knowledge of the fighting system. I see this as a way to bringing some form of PVP back to what was once Wild and entice people to come over, You don't need scale or drake to fight well.

Don't want to fight? Don't want to die? Fight in groups, Join big towns, or live close to them. Safety in numbers..Thats the whole point of the new Alliance system, And thats how it worked, and how it always will work.

Lies.

There was always a fightskill and archery reduction for people who skilled up in safety, then used a portal, as it should be. Stats make all the difference if you fight against pvp'ers with equal knowledge of the combat system, thats such a non argment its funny.

Dont want to fight? Dont want to die? Get 99 skill on freedom, then move to chaos and crush everyone who skilled up slower because of the limitations due to danger. Thats how it will work now, unlike any time in the past.

nice one rolf ,just becareful how you do this and give folk a bit of time to go set up to be ready ,your onto a winner here 

Please... Do not do this again, don't try and push through a change that we'll have to suffer for another 3 months, think this through properly and put a solid idea to us rather than give off the impression of a rash decision that has loopholes everywhere (old reputation system... -135 rep for killing someone (instant kick from deed) or picking a door (-130 reputation, also a kick from your deed) this allowed griefers to do whatever the hell they wanted, but punished anyone who actually played with a sledgehammer).

Whilst the idea of full pvp is great... Think it through properly please.

Rather than turning Chaos back to Full PVP and closing the border, A new map could be made.

We could never return with any items or skills that you gain on that server(Shouldn't be too hard considering Epic - Freedom and vice versa already uses this code):

1. New map with PMKs allowing all 3 Kingdom templates to be used but of course lower the requirement of people and base the kingdom titles not only off the Percentage but also the amount of people in that kingdom would translate to a % buffer to a maximum of whatever a percentage Rolf sees fit.

2. New Map, 3 Kingdoms, same as how Wild use to be and allow both Prems and Non Prems here. Add 3 Lights for the 3 kingdoms and have a 200 Tile area where no walls, buildings, towers or deeds can be placed within the lights.

, And when i brought this suggestion to Rolf today he liked it and wanted to see what others would think of it. And i see no harm in allowing Non prems to continue playing here, or allowing people to gain Rank and Affinities off those you kill provided they have premium, and neither did he.

I have nothing against the suggestion, I just can't find any difference between this suggestion and just allowing free travel from the old Wild server as it was, before nerfing it down to Chaos.

Rolf had his own reservations against allowing free travel between Freedom/Wild at the time, and so had lots of Freedomers, so why the sudden change of heart now?

Shalbriri to be honest the only restriction I want is no items crossing. I see no reason to allow a pvp server to sell items on a nonpvp server and take the money back to support their guards.

wild/chaos is like that old dog story, when you know that you have to put it to rest but still want it to be alive.

Shalbriri to be honest the only restriction I want is no items crossing. I see no reason to allow a pvp server to sell items on a nonpvp server and take the money back to support their guards.

How come you are not screaming till you go blue about the linked bank accounts between Freedom cluster / Epic cluster? That's exactly what happens there.

Rather than turning Chaos back to Full PVP and closing the border, A new map could be made.

We could never return with any items or skills that you gain on that server(Shouldn't be too hard considering Epic - Freedom and vice versa already uses this code):

1. New map with PMKs allowing all 3 Kingdom templates to be used but of course lower the requirement of people and base the kingdom titles not only off the Percentage but also the amount of people in that kingdom would translate to a % buffer to a maximum of whatever a percentage Rolf sees fit.

2. New Map, 3 Kingdoms, same as how Wild use to be and allow both Prems and Non Prems here. Add 3 Lights for the 3 kingdoms and have a 200 Tile area where no walls, buildings, towers or deeds can be placed within the lights.

Haven't we had enough of that?

Of course I can only speak for myself here, but a new set of skills isn't going to make me come back. What's the point when I have invested so much time and money into my old account already?

I can't tell if just opening it up to full pvp would make it alive again, but what I know for sure is, it will be more fun to play on than it is now.

A new map - keeping the skills - could be an option too, since the wild map is sooooo.. awkward. Travelling from one place to another takes forever due to the natural barriers.

Will anything being done to prevent affinity farming/trading btw?

How about just limiting affinities to like 5 per char or limit them while on Deli/Indy/Exo.

What about the old system with a few changes?

Give kingdoms back to Chaos. Make it full pvp again and if they change servers they get converted to Freedom. So as we had it in the time of the home sever but with kingdom changes

How come you are not screaming till you go blue about the linked bank accounts between Freedom cluster / Epic cluster? That's exactly what happens there.

Trust me I wanted to scream about it but kept my peace as the cluster was new and needed time to grow. But now that you have brought it up all restrictions should apply to Epic too. We already have no items for Epic so there needs to be a travel restriction to make it harder for players on pvp servers to go to nonpvp servers, make and sell items then take the money back to pvp servers. I don’t think separate bank accounts for the clusters have a snowballs chance in hell although it would work.

Trust me I wanted to scream about it but kept my peace as the cluster was new and needed time to grow. But now that you have brought it up all restrictions should apply to Epic too. We already have no items for Epic so there needs to be a travel restriction to make it harder for players on pvp servers to go to nonpvp servers, make and sell items then take the money back to pvp servers. I don’t think separate bank accounts for the clusters have a snowballs chance in hell although it would work.

As has been shown when Wild became a freedom server, there is no economic shift, s comes and goes from both clusters, but this isn't the topic of this thread, i'd make another thread for that. ;)

What about the old system with a few changes?

Give kingdoms back to Chaos. Make it full pvp again and if they change servers they get converted to Freedom. So as we had it in the time of the home sever but with kingdom changes

Returning the kingdoms is a noidea. I've explained it extensively in threads before adding Chaos to the freedom cluster. We can't have warring kingdoms in the freedom cluster without major changes.

Just throwing this out there but can't you just have deed vs deed and alliance vs alliance pvp? Would kinda boost all the combat it certain "clicks" could fight against another "click" in their own kingdom..... Tbh I think all pvp should be like this even on epic

OMG didn't see this thread.

Rolf!

1)Wild server

2)Free-for-all, one kingdom but affinities and rank for everyone

3)No minedoors, no 100 guards deeds (and another bunch of little fixes)

4)Faster boats

5)No logoff invul and long logoff

TONS for returning players including myself.

That way we'll actually have old towns and kingdoms again gathering at one place, but would be easier to trade and stuff. And with little fixes to pvp it will be fun again

I just hope there will be some warnings and time if this goes live, particularly if any rules like no item transfers went into place etc.