Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Chaos suggestion

I just don't like the haters hating and telling the new players to move if they don't like it. That's not very nice, nor what is really wanted.

Wild was full pvp to begin with, why try keep it as a pve server?

Can we please stop messing around and give the pvp community of the freedom servers our game/map back, its been like 3-4 months now can we stop messing around. The break was very nice but lets get back to how it was.

I just don't like the haters hating and telling the new players to move if they don't like it. That's not very nice, nor what is really wanted.

Can we please stop messing around and give the pvp community of the freedom servers our game/map back, its been like 3-4 months now can we stop messing around. The break was very nice but lets get back to how it was.

Maybe if you say it 2000 more times it will happen!! ;)

Anyhow you were bleeding dry bud with such a large land mass you need players.

I think GV had about the same population towards the end.

No matter how you cut it or dress it up flipping the server back to one with a known track record of zero growth and a declining population is not a good idea.

OK, Chaos has HotA zones for PvP, why not expand on the whole server?

;)

;)

Finding 10 pillars on a huge map.... hmmmm  :o

;)

Finding 10 pillars on a huge map.... hmmmm  :o

Lol, that would take weeks with a well organized team. HotA can be hard enough when pillars spawn inside the olive forests there. lol.

Do what OP says.

1999 times togo!! ;)  He should listen to all the players and do whats best for the server as a whole really. 

Do what OP says.

1999 times togo!! ;)  He should listen to all the players and do whats best for the server as a whole really. 

All players... including those, like you, who have no interest what so ever in the future of wild and dont even play there? Gotcha.

Do what OP says.

Do what OP says.

All players... including those, like you, who have no interest what so ever in the future of wild and dont even play there? Gotcha.

Do what OP says.

From the attitudes I have seen from some of the players probably not,  and for sure I would not waste my coin making a deed there if its only going to be another draining deed server, crush, kill, destroy,.....Wurm does need other types of PvP besides this type to grow a PvP player base.

Other than that as it is now up in the air no one knows whats going to happen with constant changing and or possible changing on a whim its not worth investing any time in. So I could say you are right as it stands now I will never go there or waste my time there.

Sure Wurm needs more types of pvp and server. But lets not do it on Wurms oldest server, the first pvp one. The one that originally had pvp and war.With all the history that the wild server has it's just sad whats happened to it. Being turned freedom was bad enough but now Rolf's teasing us all and letting the player base argue for over 30 pages about it.

As a temporary measure, can we at least have reputation hits removed on Chaos? I think the majority would be okay with that.

It seems like an a situation with a solution that's while obvious will never please everyone and some people will simply have to move on:

Wurm has an entire PvP server cluster with a very near FFA PvP server in the Center already: Elevation.

The FFA style game play style of Wild was unsuccessful long term resulting in the server being snapped onto Freedom

Chaos currently has an unpopular and muddled rule set which to maximize the usefulness of the co-largest and oldest server should be scrapped and Chaos made into a full Freedom server. The older counterpart of Independence.

Players with a desire for PvP can at any time go to epic which features faster skills and a curve to mitigate the catch up game.

While some players may only want to PvP with their former wild character and skill sets or may not like the Epic set up by and large it seems to be adequate for the PvP population

This solution also saves wurms oldest online server for legacy and history purposes protecting the investments made there from deletion.

I agree, but the epic cluster's gameplay does not suit all. The increased skillgain and the curve makes it feel like cheating. I am going to sound contravening here, because I do like playing epic, I like the pvp, I like the raiding, I like living on a pvp server and all it offers. But likewise, I would rather use my current skillset as on the freedom cluster to pvp with, and wild was, and should be, that server.

So, can we not come to some aggreement here as to which direction to go with our server ? It would appear that we are divided on so many issues. The ruleset is one big buigbear, and needs looking into. As soon as this is addressed, and people coming to the server know what they are going to get, the better the picture will be.

It seems like an a situation with a solution that's while obvious will never please everyone and some people will simply have to move on:

Wurm has an entire PvP server cluster with a very near FFA PvP server in the Center already: Elevation.

The FFA style game play style of Wild was unsuccessful long term resulting in the server being snapped onto Freedom

Chaos currently has an unpopular and muddled rule set which to maximize the usefulness of the co-largest and oldest server should be scrapped and Chaos made into a full Freedom server. The older counterpart of Independence.

Players with a desire for PvP can at any time go to epic which features faster skills and a curve to mitigate the catch up game.

While some players may only want to PvP with their former wild character and skill sets or may not like the Epic set up by and large it seems to be adequate for the PvP population

This solution also saves wurms oldest online server for legacy and history purposes protecting the investments made there from deletion.

Basically you want everyone to scrap thousands of hours of work to go play on your failing server.

Wild was successful for years, and only fell apart at the end due to things like the WL being moved and how Champs were dealt with. Wild can be successful again with alliances and open borders, or a BL vs WL setup, or even a tweaking of the hybrid system (remove rep hits and add a lot of stuff to fight over)

Epic appeals more to the immediate satisfaction player base. The type you find in other games like WoW and RS.

Wurm Online has and should always be tailored to the niche group that likes to see a hard earned reward at the end of the day. Wild is the pvp outlet for such a group of people.

I am by no means suggesting a shutdown of the Epic cluster. It works, and works well for it's type of player base.

Wild's rule-set is not good for full fledged FFA PvP.

While full FFA PvP would be fun, the truth is that the majority of people don't like to see their hard earned gains destroyed in a few hours - the equivalence of kid A coming through and smashing kid B's sand castle.

While kid B spends hours building this castle, kid A steals all enjoyment by smashing it. This applies directly to almost every complaint coming out of Wild's history.

This effect is lessened on Epic, as anyone can produce higher QL good faster, and with less skill grind then on the Freedom cluster to reach the capability of doing the same work.

Also, another full Freedom Isle is not a good idea. We have enough of those, three full servers dedicated solely to the player base who likes to craft build and work without any end game. Wild provides an end game to those who desire one... without a reset, without a forced move away from the work that has been done.

This is why I've suggested, and supported ideas for a hybrid/mixed server change to Wild... This compromise allows for full fledged PvP without absolutely everyone being subject to repeated destruction of everything they accomplish.

Some of the points I like :

FFA pvp off deed. Deeds safe - unless warring. Anti-grief timers, delaying the switch between PvP on and off/limitations on PvP options based on the choices.

Full loot, deed drains when at war, but not when peaceful/neutral.

In short, bring some form of PvP back to wild. The current system, especially the reputation system is broken. There is room for improvements in a lot of areas, but the removal, or change of the reputation system would help bring this server in to some form of healthy stasis while we await a final change to the rest of the problems.

Basically you want everyone to scrap thousands of hours of work to go play on your failing server.

Wild was successful for years, and only fell apart at the end due to things like the WL being moved and how Champs were dealt with. Wild can be successful again with alliances and open borders, or a BL vs WL setup, or even a tweaking of the hybrid system (remove rep hits and add a lot of stuff to fight over)

I never suggested that the Chaos server be closed or deleted. Preserving it by adding it to freedom is the best choice. While i'll agree the last thing we need right now is more servers breaking up the small wurm community even more due to awful chat mechanics. this solution would preserve their work for as long as the owners choose to remain there. No solution will make everyone happy but what's  best for the game as a whole and what will be most valuable to both current and future wurm players must take precedent over nostalgia about the Former Wild. It must not be a drain on the rest of freedom or the New forward initiated project Epic.

How is it a failing server?  we just had one of the largest raids today with tons of people from all over the map fighting.... There is always a ton of activity.  Joanavon is presenting an idea you don't need to be rude.

How is it a failing server?  we just had one of the largest raids today with tons of people from all over the map fighting.... There is always a ton of activity.  Joanavon is presenting an idea you don't need to be rude.

Wrong server. You're on Epic, this is a discussion about the old Wild server aka Chaos.

Wrong server. You're on Epic, this is a discussion about the old Wild server aka Chaos.

We are aware of both which server we are frequently on as well as the server of discussion for the previous 38 pages. Gorlan was asking Storm crow what he meant by "failing server"

Instant gratification PVP Wurmians taken of - Epic Cluster - Check

Care Bears taken care of - Freedom Cluster - Check

PVP Wurmians who have built up their chars with thousands of hours of grinding over many many years - Chaos - SHAFTED

let the old chaos-server (aka wild) be what he was. dont change him anymore.

for changing thing there is the epic now.

PVP Wurmians who have built up their chars with thousands of hours of grinding over many many years - Chaos - SHAFTED

That alleged group of people that have been "Shafted" have lost nothing. they retain all their skills, items, materials, even their deeds and server. They have lost nothing and should this group actually exist they have options to find a more attractive game play style as mentioned.

That alleged group of people that have been "Shafted" have lost nothing. they retain all their skills, items, materials, even their deeds and server. They have lost nothing and should this group actually exist they have options to find a more attractive game play style as mentioned.

No, actually, they have been shafted since those skills where honed for PVP not for PVP lite with Care Bears.

I respectfully suggest that you have no idea what you are talking about.

No, actually, they have been shafted since those skills where honed for PVP not for PVP lite with Care Bears.

I respectfully suggest that you have no idea what you are talking about.

+1