Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Chaos suggestion

Can't have kingdom's on the freedom cluster...

why doesn't he just put the old home server/wild server code back in then? it worked with kingdoms before, is the freedom code THAT much different?

Can't have kingdom's on the freedom cluster...

why doesn't he just put the old home server/wild server code back in then? it worked with kingdoms before, is the freedom code THAT much different?

why ppl cant understand we dont need kingdoms, just open the pvp, we know who we want to kill or not, is this really too simple to get it?? everything will be the same as now, but without penalties for atacking others or draining deeds

Oh the irony of this thread. There are almost as many pages to this thread (currently 25) as there are currently online on Chaos (26 - I just logged in myself to take it over 25!)

My point? There are a lot more people contributing here than will ever access Chaos, full PVP or not

This is what irks me.

As if the handful of players on Chaos are going to know what will bring in players more than the actual players who have reasons for not going in the first place.

What irks me is we're trying to save a PVP server by making it a viable server to pve players...

Last I checked, getting more pve players on a pvp server isn't fixing the pvp server, it's just spreading the freedom population.

What irks me is we're trying to save a PVP server by making it a viable server to pve players...

Last I checked, getting more pve players on a pvp server isn't fixing the pvp server, it's just spreading the freedom population.

No, we're trying to save a PvP server by figuring out what players don't like about the PvP system, and making changes. Just because they came from Freedom doesn't mean they'll never want to PvP ever. Some people will never pvp ever, but most people are open to the idea, but feel that the risk is too great.

I came from Exodus to Chaos because I liked the idea of a server where I could live and survive, and I had the option to PvP when I wanted. I never played on Wild because I didn't want to invest time and money into something, only to have it destroyed and stolen. I don't have deep pockets to keep pouring money into a deed just so someone can steal it from me. But I don't want another PvE-only server; if I did, I would have stayed on Exodus.

Each person has different reasons for why they chose to play on Freedom instead of Wild/Chaos.  If anything, Kamikazifly's poll should make this obvious.  But if we can identify those reasons, and address them, we can encourage more people to play on Chaos and PvP in general, which is what everyone wants.

For those concerned about spreading Freedom too thin, the total Freedom population has grown by roughly 50% in the last ~6 months. The only way Chaos could threaten Freedom's population is if Chaos is just too awesome. But is that really a problem? If Chaos attracts that many people, we'll have determined a way to make the entirety of the game appeal to more people.

Well if he does create a new smaller PVP server I will join up so long as there is no skill reset, don't care about items

Well I don't PvP because combat in wurm is really boring.

War in wurm (as it was done on wild and is done on epic) might be interesting because of strategy and stuff. HotA might be too, for the same reason.

But the actual combat (swinging your swords at each other) just gives you time to drink a tea.

I don't know, this new pvp server bothers me.

Takes me about 20 minutes to cross the Exodus map on horseback. I don't see how alliance A could even get far enough away from alliance B to not have to look at their walls all day.

Part of why Wild is nice is that there is actually room to breathe.

Whatever the case, a descision should be reached soon. for my part- so i can throw out my plans if i need to, before wasting any more time trying to develop a deed on chaos that i'm just going to throw away. for others, so this whole issue is over with, and we can get on with playing a game.

Takes me about 20 minutes to cross the Exodus map on horseback. I don't see how alliance A could even get far enough away from alliance B to not have to look at their walls all day.

Whatever the case, a descision should be reached soon. for my part- so i can throw out my plans if i need to, before wasting any more time trying to develop a deed on chaos that i'm just going to throw away. for others, so this whole issue is over with, and we can get on with playing a game.

THIS +1

We dont need a smaller PvP server. We just need a PvP server bout the sive of independence or something.

We dont need a smaller PvP server. We just need a PvP server bout the sive of independence or something.

But... I may be mistaken here.

Didn't we have one?

Yeah but hes not going to turn it back so we need another server bout that size if not little smaller but not as small as deliverance/exodus so we have breathing room.

Gotten board of this thread, keep posting but rolf isnt gunna do anthing :/

Give up guys, thats 10% got us beat.

I myself have never played/been to wild or chaos or whatever anyone likes to call it.  However from what I've heard in-game and on this forum is there are people who still play on their old deeds where they have dedicated years and years of work towards building them.  I'm sorry to this to that small percentage of people who have still been here since the old wild days but...it might be time to step aside and let the new generation of wilders come in and revive a slowly dying and arguably dead server.  Your achievements will forever live in the hearts and minds of wurmians but it is time to let the future take over.

I compare it almost to like a new generation replacing the last one.  The older generation is always sad/angry that they have to step aside and let the young people take over but it always ends up happening either way.

Basically what i'm saying here is, we either save the server using new ideas or let it die under its current situation.

Returning it to the old wild WILL NOT solve the problem of a maintained server growth.  Yea, you mind get a big spike in the charts of new players joining but it will not sustain continuous growth.

I basically endorse a map reset and or a open world PvP with no kingdoms and jsut rival alliances.

Just my 2 cents hope you ya'll didnt mine  ::)

WOW.

So we want a bigger sever but not too big, which is smaller but not too small perhaps a bit bigger than small one. Leave the map alone , no get a new one, so is that old new map or a new old map? We want a full PvP but not really, we want a PvE only or was that a PvE with some PvP ( sorry just re read the last 28 odd pages ) I think its PvP with some PvE ( but if some one is killing my old nag in battle and me is that PvE and PvP). Then we want to have full loot but not that full, as to what else i am bloody so confused,,, is it what an older player wants or the new guy, or is it really the medium players wish here ,,,,,,,,,gees one fine day in the middle of the night, back to back JK and BL faced each other , took out there swords and shot each other ..... now i understand.

PMPL

Cheers

Dadd

WOW.

So we want a bigger sever but not too big, which is smaller but not too small perhaps a bit bigger than small one. Leave the map alone , no get a new one, so is that old new map or a new old map? We want a full PvP but not really, we want a PvE only or was that a PvE with some PvP ( sorry just re read the last 28 odd pages ) I think its PvP with some PvE ( but if some one is killing my old nag in battle and me is that PvE and PvP). Then we want to have full loot but not that full, as to what else i am bloody so confused,,, is it what an older player wants or the new guy, or is it really the medium players wish here ,,,,,,,,,gees one fine day in the middle of the night, back to back JK and BL faced each other , took out there swords and shot each other ..... now i understand.

PMPL

Cheers

Dadd

QFT Haha.

one fine day in the middle of the night, back to back JK and BL faced each other , took out there swords and shot each other

One was blind and the other couldn't, see

So they chose a MR dummy for a referee.

A JK blind man went to see fair play,

A BL dumb man went to shout "hooray!"

The best part of Wild huge area! real nice to explorer

Just we need more usefull configuration to have points to interact between big alliances:3

Epic areas more nice as landscapes but size to small. only 4k x 4k:)

No skill reset but item (or limitation how many u can take) and map reset

no artis no scale or drake no fw

Keep chaos the way it is (semi-pvp) for those who wont a little experience of some pvp action.

Make a whole new independent server, fresh, just like wild was with Player-made Kingdoms and call it a day.

Keep chaos the way it is (semi-pvp) for those who wont a little experience of some pvp action.

Make a whole new independent server, fresh, just like wild was with Player-made Kingdoms and call it a day.

I don't think so really there haven't been enough players on to justify it.  When Freedom got new servers they were packed.  New PvP server would only kill off some of the Epic server which I think is more Important atm ( sorry Chaos ).

I was waiting for someone from epic to come out and tell the truth why they dont want this to happen.

Because people left wild when it became chaos to live on the freedom servers until that whole mess was sorted out. They didn't want to live in their "war" deeds and see a constant reminder all their work gone down the pipe. Open up FFA PvP or a new server, I bet you it gets populated.