Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Chaos suggestion

What about the old system with a few changes?

Give kingdoms back to Chaos. Make it full pvp again and if they change servers they get converted to Freedom. So as we had it in the time of the home sever but with kingdom changes

Returning the kingdoms is a noidea. I've explained it extensively in threads before adding Chaos to the freedom cluster. We can't have warring kingdoms in the freedom cluster without major changes.

Sorry didn't watch the chaos things properly.

Fair enough, though I still don't understand the logic, but I appreciate your explanation.

If items carryover was an economy ruiner, the freedom market would have been plundered long ago with an influx of goods from Chaos.

Fact is, you have everything we have here on Chaos/Wild on Freedom.  High buck items, enchants and uber priests, high ql tools, and the whole gamut have been able to cross for ages and it hasn't destroyed anything.  I haven't even stepped on Freedom since the borders were fully opened, and know of no one that has really made a killing by transporting items to Freedom.  Financially, I can make more money on Wild.  If I have to lower my prices from 50s on an item to 30s to complete on Freedom, I'm shooting myself in the foot by trying to milk the economy.  That being said, I haven't gone back to Freedom to visit due to lack of time - as it is now, I will return to visit if I can bring my meager tools, weps, armor and etc. across.  I wouldn't if I had to show up there without nothing on my but nodrops.  Economics and sales don't even factor in - I could make 90ql tools by the dozens a day to sell to people on Freedom for dirt cheap without even leaving my house, selling via mailbox in the form the servers are in now.  Adding restrictions to a proposal by Rolf, when there's been zero evidence of cross server trade harming either of our respective economies is a bit redundant.  We could sell 90ql kit for 10c via mailbox to Freedom from Wild if we wanted to ruin things, and vice versa.  It simply hasn't happened.  Lockdowns on travel seems to me like it hurts the community spirit of a game that thrives on community spirit.

I am an old fart that really enjoyed the ability to cross from a pvp server to a pve server with my gear intact, and vice versa - and I in fact started on JK Home.  Those trips back to JK-H after I moved to wild were very special for a lot of us - trips we wouldn't have made if we were buck naked when we crossed.  Having 2 sets of gear to maintain on 2 clusters is a silly solution when orecaps and any skillcaps are now gone.  Selling stuff wasn't even a part of the equation - the community aspect of going back and forth to visit friends without being stripped of gear meant everything.

YES ROLF YES +10000000 to OP

Chaos is just rotting ATM, nothing I happening at al

A suggestion however, put all players outside your alliance as default enemy.

It is still a question what people want and the most want different variations.

So first you should find out if wild should continue as it was before only in an other way without kingdmos or if people want free for all  pvp or a different variation. --> +1 for a POLL

Indeed: Littlebears version sounds really nice.

I'm not 100% familiar with everything to do with chaos, but is everyone friendly until they choose to go to war?  It should be the opposite.  Just ignore me if I'm wrong.

Shalbriri to be honest the only restriction I want is no items crossing. I see no reason to allow a pvp server to sell items on a nonpvp server and take the money back to support their guards.

I don't understand why this is an issue?

The whole server just had a few months to bring any item they want to Freedom... It seems you haven't played for too long because that was the system a few years back with JKH and MRH.  People going and coming back, making mining expeditions for the ore, trading with the big capital cities, being a weekend warrior...

Also - If you own the coin on an account, why the hell wouldn't you have it on any server?  The economy debate is void, I would refuse to pay another dime if I couldn't take my money between servers... Remember, some people don't sell items and actually buy silver.

Weekend warriors were one of the few things I always looked forward to when I was on Wild.

Agree with Shalbriri and Ezalor and have to add:

Just try it step by step.

First:

Alliance PvP - everyone can attack other players not in the own alliance without rep loss. No affinities, no rank.

Add more if it works out well.

Will this be opening up a whole new slew of code-changes that gimp freedom-isles (pve) play to favor/enhance pvp-play on chaos?

Also - is this going to be another shift away from time to be spent on fixing broken things on the pve-worlds?

More power to pvp, sure, hope all lovers of pvp get the greatest thing on earth in that regard - but not at the cost of the pve-worlds please.

Seperate the worlds if needed, but above all seperate the codes... only sane way to keep or get both to full fruition i.m.o.

Hi,

why not just:

• Make Chaos a server that can be easily reached, but you'd leave behind all gear and skills.
  • Make Chaos a server where there'd be a harsh skill cap, similar to GV, to make everyone competitive in a few days?
  • Make Chaos a server where crafting would only be useful in a very limited way, maybe just in improving the obligatory common gear a bit?
  • Make a simple, real PvP server to entertain the believers, and then work on a better implementation of PvP at all? This would bring more PvP players then any other nasty nerf ...

Okay, I'm quiet now. You have your idea, and you'll follow it, and should Wurm as such go haywire, who cares. It's your baby. And in the end, other mothers have nice daughters, too ...

Have fun!

• Make Chaos a server that can be easily reached, but you'd leave behind all gear and skills.

Epic.

• Make Chaos a server where there'd be a harsh skill cap, similar to GV, to make everyone competitive in a few days?

Who wants to play some GV toon to PvP? I train my account to be the best fighter it can be... If people want to compete then they need to invest their time into their accounts.

• Make Chaos a server where crafting would only be useful in a very limited way, maybe just in improving the obligatory common gear a bit?

Another misconception about PvP servers right there, TBH almost every single fighter has a craft that they do - Why take away a portion of the game that people enjoy?

• Make a simple, real PvP server to entertain the believers, and then work on a better implementation of PvP at all? This would bring more PvP players then any other nasty nerf ...

I really don't think making another separate server is going to solve anything.  We have Epic for fast gains...

Wild it would take you a very very long time to become a solo- PvPer.  But I didn't complain, I grinded my account to decent levels through years of playing and can hold my own against (certain) others. 

If Wild came back somewhat, I might be willing to put another 10E into Rolf's pocket to repremmy Mojo..

Id also like to suggest the West coast of chaos to open up to Exodus.

Its a real pain for the people who lived on the west side of the map to have to travel to the east (it takes a long time even in a gale). The boarder being east of the map stops or hinders any trade between the west side (predominately former MR) and the other parts of the freedom cluster.

I think you should wait on this major change. I think the reason you changed Wild to Chaos was to populate it more. If you make it full pvp, new players will be hesitant to come, more than they are now.

I know of Chaos players who are in the middle of building new deeds that are not ready for war. I myself am a helper and very low fight skill. I came to help my friends but would return to a non pvp server as I could not help in that way and no time to build up skills. Please wait on this idea.

I wonder why people always want to get to the same level with everyone else?

If the skills were limited to 20, and everyone would have that in a fight, it would be completely random who wins. Okay, some tactics but thats barely important. As it is right now, a good fighter, skill and stat wise, can be overwhelming in a 1 vs. 1 situation, which is rare. But when it comes to a group fight the average skill of the group members are important.

What Chaos needs in my opinion:

-keep the skills

-new map, maybe only 3/4 the size or 1/2 the size. Not smaller though. refund deeds, upkeep, trader etc

-no super high, steep, unclimbable, no-way-around mountains

-alliances, like wanted by Rolf, instead of kingdoms

I say it again, it is travelling times that killed the PvP on wild. For example, from former BL territory to southern MR it took like 1-2 hours, or 2-3 hours if you went to the southwest coast. And that is a one-way trip.

So if you were to raid someone there, you spend 4-6 hours travelling.

Additionally to that you spend a few hours raiding, catapulting, hauling ammo, mining ammo, fighting guards / players and eventually looting.

Most people don't want to log off randomly there, because boats could be dragged away, on a deed, or somewhere where you could get walled in.

Or people simply do not want to log off in enemy territory, or leave their horse in the wilderness. This was a problem especially as libila priest, though, probably not so common anymore. But who wants to tame his horse(so it logs off with you), so it instantly attacks the guards? No one.

If you can get to your enemy and back home to your own territory within a reasonable time, it will enhance PvP.

I have to agree with Balmore, Chaos need a new map, old one is too big, and almost all of it has been developed in one was or another.

New map +1

A new map would be rather interesting, and i would agree a smaller map would quite encourage pvp. How many times have you seen folks over the MR side complain (sorry to use this word) about things due to their homeland is behind a few mountains away. (The default landing spawn point, the HOTA location radda radda)

Why was the wild server converted into a freedom server? Because Rolf created epic and everyone who wanted decent pvp went there.

paying-year.png

A new map would be rather interesting, and i would agree a smaller map would quite encourage pvp. How many times have you seen folks over the MR side complain (sorry to use this word) about things due to their homeland is behind a few mountains away. (The default landing spawn point, the HOTA location radda radda)

What you said though, is 100% true, its just horrible, getting places just take way to long for us because we have to transverse though/past/around a couple of mountain ranges.

Chaos needs a new map which is smaller with a few mountains which are climbable without the use of ladders etc which dont split up the land mass, and one central spawn point (i dont liek the whole 4 spawn points on chaos atm) and also allow all sides to go to the different freedom servers + everything Rolf said regarding pvp, alliances, and full pvp + no rep thingys.

Just a thought thought, what is the function of off deed towers if there are no rep damages for attacking/stealing/raiding?

As a carebear-type, I'd be more inclined to do the 'weekend warrior' thing if the East of Independence/Deli/Exo connect to the West of Chaos (and North Inde to North Chaos?) to shorten travel time. Would sound rather appealing if this was the case.

Concerns over trade are moot at this point. The floodgates were opened months ago, there are no champs on Chaos.

However, one thing that seems odd; the original argument for Epic replacing Wild was the large inequality of pvp due to skills. Has this been at all addressed or are we just pointing those people at Epic and running Wurm as 3-games-in-1? I'm not criticising here just genuinely curious about where the game is actually going.

having new map is always fun, but im against it, its just a temporary solution and we will be in the same point in a year or two.

I can agree for scheduled resets every few months or years, but not if we are going to do it once, right now, just to fix the current problems because it wont fix anything.

Everything what can be done is just a temporary solution. We have to wait and see if it is good or not.

But everything is better than it is now. A huge server and almost no population...

Just remove all penalties and all kingdoms from chaos. Make it a pure anarchy server where everyone can do anything and alliances are the new kingdoms. This would be awesome.

Also keep nonpremiums please.

Actually having an anarchy server like that would give wild back it's uniqueness.

The server is called "Chaos." Everybody attacking everybody fits nicely with the name...  ;)

having new map is always fun, but im against it, its just a temporary solution and we will be in the same point in a year or two.

I can agree for scheduled resets every few months or years, but not if we are going to do it once, right now, just to fix the current problems because it wont fix anything.

A map reset would fix the map technical problems.

If we get a smaller map, with less annoying mountains etc, we won't have the same problems in a year again. Unless Rolf spawns more mountains later on. ;)